PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had a cold that wont go away?

BazB44
01-01-19, 16:26
2 weeks ago I had sinusitis for few days, about a week later it was a slight cold. Stuffy head and ears, throat irritation just wont go away. Im not someone who gets sick much, so it worries me when it persists.

I know stress can shut down immune system, and being my highly anxious self, i get lots of it

WhereIsMyMind
01-01-19, 16:32
Could it be an allergy to something?

ankietyjoe
01-01-19, 16:34
What do you mean won't go away? 2 weeks is a short period of time, and colds (etc) can ofter linger for weeks on end.

BazB44
01-01-19, 16:56
My colds usually last a few days. This time it just wont disappear

Fishmanpa
01-01-19, 17:56
My colds usually last a few days. This time it just wont disappear

Always a first for everything :shrug: My wife has had a crud for a week now.

Positive thoughts

GiantMogwai
01-01-19, 20:37
My longest continuous cold was 4-6 weeks and 2 courses of antibiotics. Wouldn't worry about what you are experiencing but get advice if sinusitis keeps recurring. I had sinusitis once. Think they gave me some cream. Can't remember if I've ever had it before. Sometimes these things are one-offs.

Sparky16
02-01-19, 02:37
This year's colds are nasty. The one I had in December just hung on and on, from sore throat to being stuffed up to coughing. I was exhausted, too, just wanted to sleep all the time. Ruined two weekends. Must have taken me about two and a half weeks to start feeling decent again, and another week to stop coughing.

WiseMonkey
02-01-19, 05:53
This year's colds are nasty. The one I had in December just hung on and on, from sore throat to being stuffed up to coughing. I was exhausted, too, just wanted to sleep all the time. Ruined two weekends. Must have taken me about two and a half weeks to start feeling decent again, and another week to stop coughing.

Yes indeed, there were some bad ones last year, it's summer here in NZ so we've been through it already. If possible have the flu injection, I had my first ever one last year as I teach so am in a high risk occupation, and had no flu or colds. Many other teachers had several infections, some lasting for 6+ weeks and 90 day coughs!!
Sinusitis can be very difficult to get under control, especially if you've got small nasal passages. It may take several doses of antibiotics. Make sure you take probiotics with and after you finish your antibiotics, great for the gut.