PDA

View Full Version : Had enough of panic and anxiety can’t cope anymore

Damjsrb79
01-01-19, 17:07
I’ve been dealing with anxiety, panic and depression since i was about 7, don’t think it matters why because it seems to run in the family. Started mirtazapine about 5 years ago, stopped about 2 months ago as it made me completely emotionless and i had to fake smiles to my children. My husband is my support, can’t fault him but I’ve tried everything, all medications that’s don’t don’t work. Have CBT appointment in 7 weeks, but that’s too long.
I’ve been on 5mg diazepams for about 6 weeks but they’re not helping. My son had a seizure last week and i we don’t know why. I just can’t stop panicking, I’m so sick of being a burden to everyone. Does anyone know if this could be menopause related? I’m 40 next month and there has to be a reason why I’ve gotten so much worse? I worry about everything and my kids are my world, he’s getting annoyed i won’t let him leave the house but I’m so scared something will happen to him.
I’ve burdened my husband too long, need to speak to others in my situation.
Thank you so much in advance x

venusbluejeans
01-01-19, 17:15
Hiya Damjsrb79 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Damjsrb79
01-01-19, 17:27
Hiya Damjsrb79 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

I’m sorry, not sure if I’m replying properly, but thank you and will do xx

GiantMogwai
01-01-19, 20:30
How old is your son?

WiseMonkey
01-01-19, 20:48
I’ve been on 5mg diazepams for about 6 weeks but they’re not helping

I see you have a long history of anxiety and depression and have tried some different meds.

Diazepam is for short term use (it's a valium) and is highly addictive (even after 6 weeks) so you need to get off this as it could definitely be making things worse for you (ie far more anxiety). Coming off cold turkey is difficult so you need to see your Dr about gradually cutting this down and stopping.

There are anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds that you can take long term that are not addictive. They often take a few months to feel the full effect and can have some short term side effects which usually abate after a while. Not all suits one so you may have to go back a few times before you get a med that suits you. It does require patience which I know is difficult when you have anxiety. Take care.

Meli
04-01-19, 12:57
I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Probably an understatement! You mention possible menopause and hence my reply to you.

I am 42 in just over a week's time and I've been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for the last 5 months. My doctors are currently testing me for Premature Ovarian Deficiency which is basically menopause and the inability to produce estrogen. Some people are not aware that menopause can also cause anxiety/low mood. Please note I am no expert just a sufferer who is trying to find answers and get over whatever it is I'm going through!

Anyway, the doctors can do a blood test to check your FSH levels and this could give them/you an answer as to whether it is menopausal? Just a thought.