PDA

View Full Version : Not Eating with Anxiety

Ruby77
02-01-19, 12:50
Does anyone get this as a symptom of anxiety?

It is my main symptom and is really debilitating. It adds further to feeling lethargic and weak and I can't get out to try and shake it off as I'm so weak.

I'm hungry but it's like my mouth and stomach are not connected, it won't go down.

Any tips appreciated.

Darksky
02-01-19, 13:51
I think this is quite common but you must get some nourishment from somewhere. Have you tried liquid foods, soups are good, yoghurts too. If you can get some Complan, that's good stuff and will give you much needed energy/calories.

Carnation
02-01-19, 14:24
Yes, I had this Ruby, big time!
Darksky is right. Find things that ate easy to digest.
Jacket potatoes, mash potato, baked beans ice cream, milkshakes, trifle, rice pudding, soups....
You can build it up as you feel more confident.
I also did something while I ate like reading, watching tv, listening to music, talking to someone. That helps. x

Scass
02-01-19, 14:46
Yes I get this and it adds to the nausea and general offness.
I find porridge is good, and gentle things like baked potatoes, bread rolls etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruby77
02-01-19, 16:12
Thanks for the tips everyone, it does really make you feel worse. Wish I was one of these people who over eats when stressed!

I tend to try smoothies but can be difficult when at work. Will try your tips too.

Scass
02-01-19, 17:50
Thanks for the tips everyone, it does really make you feel worse. Wish I was one of these people who over eats when stressed!

I tend to try smoothies but can be difficult when at work. Will try your tips too.

I do tend to overeat when I’m mildly anxious or worried - but when I hit high anxiety I just can’t eat at all. Very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ankietyjoe
02-01-19, 22:56
If you're finding it difficult I would veer towards eating more good fats (high calorie) like avocado, nuts, salads with oil dressing etc. When I first had anxiety I stopped eating a lot and lost a lot of weight. It's common.