PDA

View Full Version : MS Concern now Severely Impacting Life

JoshuaMichael
11-09-18, 16:19
All these symptoms I've been experiencing, what if this is all MS?

My right eye, for some reason, has been ever so slightly less sharp than the left for maybe 10 days. Yes, I do get dry eyes, but still concerned. Also, I am definitely experiencing cognitive changes - short term memory is very poor and it takes me longer to learn and do basic things now, like in Maths for instance. Or, simple problem solving. Even as of a few days ago, I've started getting some muscle spasms - in the ear, and in my lip area for about a minute, and briefly in my chest area for a short time. On top of that, I have, as of yesterday, been experiencing the bladder issues that I've read as a symptom (though my Mum believes this is a urine infection), like urinary retention issues.

All the above are symptoms of MS and I've been experiencing all of them, with two of them, the twitches and urinary thing, came on very recently, and I strongly believe that my cognition has worsened recently too. Oh wow... just writing this I felt a slight tingle in my finger... you see? MS! Great!

It may be true that I have chronic anxiety and depression, which apparently can cause the twitching, for example, but I'm severely scared of MS. Maybe all this time my unexplained symptoms have indeed been MS. :(

AMomentofClarity
11-09-18, 16:31
You have a debilitating case of anxiety, manifesting itself as Health Anxiety at the moment. It’s that simple. Treat the core issue and the symptoms will decrease, simple as that.

Kingdawson
11-09-18, 17:17
Twitching is not MS it's anxiety..I'm fact, everything you just said is anxiety related.

JoshuaMichael
15-09-18, 14:31
Beginning to become even more certain! Today I've been experiencing itching all over - another early symptom... great. On top of that, and I didn't mention it above, I've had a very strange anal itch that's persisted for 3 weeks (will get this checked), what if this is a sign? Otherwise, cognitive issues have continued and the bladder thing seems to have gone but even so, MS symptoms are supposed to come and go are they not. Well, I'm just feeling really itchy right now. It's a case of ticking all the symptom boxes right now. :(

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 14:44
and what are you doing to treat the underlying REAL issue of anxiety?

JoshuaMichael
15-09-18, 18:56
and what are you doing to treat the underlying REAL issue of anxiety?
The real issue... I think is MS

Since half an hour ago I've had bouts of confusion and short term memory problems, still itching all over my body? MS. Definitely. At 15. Fantastic!

Elen
15-09-18, 18:59
Copied from your other current post on STD's
Joshua you are falling into the HA trap of coming here to get re assurance for every "symptom" you have.

Beware this becomes addictive and you can end up posting about everyday things and constantly looking for people to tell you that you are fine.

Perhaps set yourself a time limit before posting?

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 19:43
You do not have MS at 15. If you are 100% convinced you do then you need to see a doctor to confirm it.

JoshuaMichael
15-09-18, 19:46
Well, I don't think anyone can persuade me that it's not MS. Many symptoms ticked off. I am literally itching all around my body right now... Anal itching 3 weeks? Cognitive issues, a bladder problem a few days ago...

And I'm very angry about it.

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 19:49
Ok well there is nothing more we can say then I guess if you have made your mind up.

Go and see a doctor asap so they can confirm it is not MS as well.

Elen
15-09-18, 20:06
Copied from your other current post on STD's
Joshua you are falling into the HA trap of coming here to get re assurance for every "symptom" you have.

Beware this becomes addictive and you can end up posting about everyday things and constantly looking for people to tell you that you are fine.

Perhaps set yourself a time limit before posting?

Repeat, we are not medical experts but we do know HA when we see it

JoshuaMichael
15-09-18, 21:49
I admit to having health anxiety. But, when symptoms are so identical and persistent - like the itching I keep getting in many different places, means it has to be MS.

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 22:08
I cannot see a site that says tingling is a symptom of MS. How did you associate this with MS?

Why not try an anti-histamine to see if it is just an allergy - check with a pharmacist that you can take them though.

MRS STRESS ED
15-09-18, 22:52
I admit to having health anxiety. But, when symptoms are so identical and persistent - like the itching I keep getting in many different places, means it has to be MS.

oh most definitely it has to be MS
it can't possibly be your anxiety so
if you know it is MS why you still asking here tell your doctor x

Best wishes :lac:

JoshuaMichael
15-09-18, 23:12
tingling is a very common symptom, especially in hands and feet - where I am experiencing it right now. I will have to get an MRI. I had one in February about something else (as ordered by a professional), which was all clear. However, these symptoms are essentially confirming it. Right now I feel a tingling/stinging sensation in my hands. This is exactly the symptom. Itching all over, muscle spasms are happening too. I know I'm right. I always hope to God I'm wrong, but I know I'm right this time. I cannot believe what's happening right now. Sometimes I'm getting pain in these areas as of 30 minutes ago. This is really developing.

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 23:21
You said itching though not tingling.

You will not get an MRI on the NHS I am pretty certain of that.

Well as I said if you are certain then go see the GP and report back when he/she says it is NOT MS.

JoshuaMichael
15-09-18, 23:38
well it is tingling and itching. It's in my hands right now especially when I turn them. This is incredibly unusual to happen. Not unusual with MS...

This time, it is not just Health anxiety.

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 23:44
Sounds like a trapped nerve maybe but I doubt you will listen to anything I have to say.

Ok well good luck at the doctor's - let us know what they say. Not sure we can add anything further to this as you are not prepared to accept it is anxiety even though you are posting on an anxiety website.

Why aren't you posting on a MS website asking there? Or perhaps you are.

JoshuaMichael
15-09-18, 23:46
http://media.womanista.com/2017/01/ms-symptoms-51297.png

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 23:48
Blimey I think I must have it too then!

nomorepanic
15-09-18, 23:52

Fishmanpa
15-09-18, 23:54
This is literally an illustration of what Dr. Google does to a HA sufferer. Skewed perceptions fed by the internet. Even down to C&P to affirm the irrationality :lac:

As was said Josh... Let us know what the doctor says. Hope you get the answers you're seeking. The "Told Ya So Gang" will be on standby :winks:

Positive thoughts

JoshuaMichael
16-09-18, 01:20
tingling all the way along my back now. on my hands too. never had anything like it ever in my life. The i told you so gang better be prepared.

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

the tingling is on my legs feet hands and face. cant sleep. what is happening

Kingdawson
16-09-18, 07:25
Anxiety is happening.

welsh girl
16-09-18, 11:39
It is not MS, believe me, I could tell you the age it mos likely would occur but that would only worry you when you reach that age, but not for a long time yet.

nomorepanic
16-09-18, 12:34
This is from my website page on symptoms:

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.
What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.

Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.

Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It’s nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

JoshuaMichael
16-09-18, 20:09
No this is very serious. I have this tingling mostly in my left hand and up my arm, the feeling of like ants under the skin, and it's still persisting. I kind of stings a little. This is very bad and I really don't want MS. WHY does this happen to ME. It's in my fingers and arms as I speak. Sometimes legs. Much worse approaching the night time now.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

basically having a panic attack. I can feel this tingling in many many different places now. Hands, arms, face, head. This is very bad.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Oh my god. What. Is. Happening. Tingling, feeling it abruptly in many different places. This ISN'T RIGHT. MS :(

Oh God

MRS STRESS ED
16-09-18, 20:13
No this is very serious. I have this tingling mostly in my left hand and up my arm, the feeling of like ants under the skin, and it's still persisting. I kind of stings a little. This is very bad and I really don't want MS. WHY does this happen to ME. It's in my fingers and arms as I speak. Sometimes legs. Much worse approaching the night time now.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

basically having a panic attack. I can feel this tingling in many many different places now. Hands, arms, face, head. This is very bad.
Josh as you just said your having a panic attack these symptoms are caused by anxiety and panic
its so sad to hear you, you should
not be here posting about illness
you should be doing what most
fifteen year olds do, PlayStation
out with friends and family

Please seek help so you can get
your life back :hugs:

Fishmanpa
16-09-18, 20:14
It's quite apparent you're panicking. Why not go to your parents or a trusted adult and ask for help? Someone to physically be there, helping you to calm down.

Positive thoughts

JoshuaMichael
16-09-18, 21:28
For whoever can be bothered to read.

It is sad. I had a life. I had hobbies and many friends and passions and happiness. I've always had some mental health problems. My sister, now 12, had a brain tumor when she was 2.

I was just 5 and life changed a lot. Having spoken with counsellors, it's very likely that this is where my long road began. Looking back, my OCD tendencies began shortly after, but I never told anyone because I could never put it into words. In many ways it feels great to be fortunate enough to be a very fluent person, in my opinion. Able to communicate feeling very well. This is my background anyhow.

I still do have some friends, who I appreciate a lot because they are really supportive.

Having been wrong so many times about my various health worries, I genuinely believe I have MS. As I type, tingling starts in my finger, then stops, then in my hand, then leg, then head, then ear then face. Never experienced anything of the kind. At the same time, and irritated bottom for weeks, some bladder issues, some muscle spasms, and cognitive issues, and even fatigue, as listed in the symptoms on the NHS website. All adding up to being MS. After everything I end up with MS?

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

This tingling has persisted in my left hand and arm all day and last night. Now it's night again and it's just going crazy. Very very upset because I can sense MS.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Tingling is really bad right now. And in my left leg, I get this shooting ache/slight pain which I've had throughout the day - pointing to MS also.

AfraidofMS
16-09-18, 21:28
I hear your worries. I’m 24 and worried about MS too, but i have way more symptoms. You should go to Neurologist and talk to him about it.

I did and but it didn’t helped. I had over 30 different symptoms in the last 8 months. Now at this moment, i have very tight calf muscles, tingling, fatique, muscle twitching, lump in the throat, ringing in ears, pain and blurrines in the eye and buzzing in one feet and random shooting muscle and joint pain. They are all MS symptoms but also anxiety symptoms. So i don’t know what to do.

I did MRI of the head and cervical spine and it’s clear and also a neurologist check up, she said it’s nothing. But they don’t care about us, we need to fight for ourselves.

JoshuaMichael
16-09-18, 22:09
Even having muscle spasms.

Right now, tingling, weird ache in left leg calf area, muscle spasms... well oh god

Kingdawson
16-09-18, 22:17
You are having a panic attack and you need to try and calm down as not doing so will lead to you experiencing more symptoms.

nomorepanic
16-09-18, 22:20
Please go and see a doctor asap and get reassurance it IS NOT MS - only then can you start to accept it is anxiety and work on that.

JoshuaMichael
17-09-18, 00:13
my left hand honestly kind of stings. MS 100%

SarahNah
17-09-18, 00:17
You don't have MS. I know three who have MS and at different stages and ages. I also known someone who sadly had ALS. I'm not going to say what the details of those cases are because you'll fall into that trap. You don't have MS.

Like Nicole has said. Please go see a Doctor to discus this and get reassurance.

nomorepanic
17-09-18, 00:17
Please stop this NOW.

We have lost a NMP member this evening so be respectful for those that have died and stop obsessing over this which is anxiety.

pulisa
17-09-18, 08:42
Please stop this NOW.

We have lost a NMP member this evening so be respectful for those that have died and stop obsessing over this which is anxiety.

I'm glad you've said this, Nic. It should put everything in perspective...but won't of course.

RIP Yvonne.

JoshuaMichael
18-09-18, 10:23
I'm very sorry to hear about this.

However, this morning, I'm literally having another giveaway symptom. I'm actually having full on pins and needles in my right foot. Not just the tingling feeling I'm getting in my hands and arms, like a full on pins and needs in my right foot and it doesn't seem to be stopping - it also feels slightly numb to! I bet having said this, some of you will absolutely change you mind when saying I don't have it. Looks what's happening! Numbness and tingling! Surely anxiety can't do this.

I've also been very ill yesterday, caught some bug or something and have been throwing up a lot. Though I doubt this has anything to do with anything I should hope. The absolute panic I'm having as I type, as my foot continues to have pins and needles for no reason. What do you think now?

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

2 hours later: My right foot still feels tickly, my arms ands hands and face keep tingling.

nomorepanic
18-09-18, 12:28
We still think it is anxiety or something like a trapped nerve. Why haven't you booked a GP appointment?

Fishmanpa
18-09-18, 13:04
I'm very sorry to hear about this.

However.......(long list of symptoms)

It's posts like your last that give the impression that HA is a selfish illness :lac: Rather than being a wake up call, it slid off your back like rain on a raincoat. Several members and admin have discounted your irrational fear, offered reassurance and facts, told to see a doctor for reassurance (which is a waste of resources and won't happen) and the symptoms list just continues on.

Where are your parents in all of this? Why, if you're so convinced, are you posting on an anxiety website?

Curious and Positive thoughts

JoshuaMichael
18-09-18, 18:57
I keep getting these short sharp pains around my body too, one time in the wrist, many in ankle and leg. Still this horrible tingling persists, almost kind of stinging me. My cognitive function just isn't there. I've been struggling to pass stool. I had that urine incontinence a few days ago. The muscle spasms.

Right now? Extremely, and I mean extremely concerned over this constant buzzing/tingling that's happening around my body, especially in my left arm. Very bad, very bad. Whose going to seriously tell me now that this isn't MS...

Elen
18-09-18, 19:00
Enough of this, go speak to your parents about all of this. Show them your posts on here, coming here for reassurance is doing you no good, you need real life help and support

JoshuaMichael
18-09-18, 19:01
In a post I did here a few days ago, during typing, I felt tingling in my ring finger, once, then it went, and I mentioned it in that very post. Now, it's much more than that.

Elen
18-09-18, 19:08
Enough of this, go speak to your parents about all of this. Show them your posts on here, coming here for reassurance is doing you no good, you need real life help and support

repeat

JoshuaMichael
18-09-18, 19:10

My parents are fully aware of the situation, and I am getting real life help. I had my first CAHMS appointment (an introductory) where I've been referred for CBT, which will take place in a few months.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

been getting sharp pains in many places too, my right leg really hurt to walk on at the knee a few minutes ago.

utrocket09
18-09-18, 19:32
I keep getting these short sharp pains around my body too, one time in the wrist, many in ankle and leg. Still this horrible tingling persists, almost kind of stinging me. My cognitive function just isn't there. I've been struggling to pass stool. I had that urine incontinence a few days ago. The muscle spasms.

Right now? Extremely, and I mean extremely concerned over this constant buzzing/tingling that's happening around my body, especially in my left arm. Very bad, very bad. Whose going to seriously tell me now that this isn't MS...

Enough with this. My friend actually has MS and has had it since 18. She had none of the symptoms you are talking about. Go find something to keep yourself busy other than posting vague symptoms on a forum.

JoshuaMichael
18-09-18, 19:35
I'm nearly 16 by the way. What symptoms did your friend have? Tingling and other abnormal sensations, according to the NHS, is very common as being some of the first signs. I have tingling all the time right now, and a feeling of burning.

utrocket09
18-09-18, 19:47
I'm nearly 16 by the way. What symptoms did your friend have? Tingling and other abnormal sensations, according to the NHS, is very common as being some of the first signs. I have tingling all the time right now, and a feeling of burning.

I am not going to say, as it will feed further into this and give you more of a reason to believe you have an illness that you do not have.

JoshuaMichael
18-09-18, 20:03
I do have it. I do. I really do. I'm telling you! These sensations ARE NOT RIGHT!

nomorepanic
18-09-18, 20:06
Please go to the doctor - I don't understand why you won't?

The sensations can be caused by anxiety so treat that first and see if they go away.

utrocket09
18-09-18, 21:20
I do have it. I do. I really do. I'm telling you! These sensations ARE NOT RIGHT!

You don't have it. Enough with this. These symptoms can be caused by many other issues including anxiety

MRS STRESS ED
18-09-18, 21:35

Well arent you a clever one being
able to diagnose MS without any
medical tests l don't know why anyone goes to medical school
for about 9 years clearly wasting
their time :doh:

AMomentofClarity
18-09-18, 22:27

I don’t understand your purpose in using this site. You’re certainly not looking for reassurance...or doing a very good job of it because you argue incessantly when any is offered. Is it to seek attention? Is it to have an audience when you demand you have a new illness each week? What are you hoping to achieve by posting here?

JoshuaMichael
18-09-18, 23:20
Well I have to admit this has become an obsession. Believe it or not, I'm worried about having some anal cancer at the same time. Been having an itchy anus on and off the last 3 or so weeks, now it's worse and looks red and seems to be some foul smelling discharge at random times... some incontinence too.

I come here because I feel as though I've lost that reasoning. For example, could I actually have said disease[I]or is it unlikely? I honestly don't know. I'll always ask parents, but I still think "well, how can I make a decision based on two people?" I've already looked into the bum symptoms and saw anal cancer quite quickly, now I'm uncontrollably fixed on that. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow anyhow, for a rectal examination and to talk about my symptoms. I have to ask though, as I can't make up my own mind, could this be cancer?

pulisa
19-09-18, 08:28
Your doctor will be able to give you your answer tomorrow.

JoshuaMichael
02-12-18, 11:38
Me again. Haven't posted here for a few months, and last time I posted it was about MS concerns. Months later, that concern has intensified severely as symptoms pop up everywhere.

I can list so many that have come and gone. The cognitive decline has been a feature for some time. Recently had weird involuntary head jolting lasting days. I recently had a tingling burning in my scalp lasting for days. Throbbing tingling in my thumb for days, now it's in my index finger. I've had many muscle spasms lasting weeks. in the last few months I've experienced tingling in my face too. Above my lip and on my earlobe. I've experienced bladder issues too. All in the last few months. I'm just 16. I am suffering anxiety and depression, as some of you may remember. I am a hypochondriac. But... it seems certain now. Short term memory decline, tingling, spasms... A quick search for "throbbing tingling in finger" comes up with peripheral neuropathy.

Many told me a few months back on this forum, that me claiming I have MS is an insult to those who really have it, and that I definitely don't have it. I'd like to hear from you now...

Josh

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

Already this morning. Changed my underwear then 1 minute later thought about changing underwear and had no memory of already doing it, only the dirty underwear on the floor was the indication I already had. Things like this.

Also, putting shampoo in my hair in the shower, then completely forgetting any memory of doing it when thinking about doing it again.

Fishmanpa
02-12-18, 13:38
The last time you posted, you were going to the doctor. What did they say?

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
02-12-18, 14:12
If you suffer from anxiety AND depression AND you're a hypochondriac AND you search the internet for answers to sporadic and random symptoms with no medical supervision, you ARE going to find a connection to your worst fears.

What you need to do is have the symptoms medically diagnosed, and when you find out it's due to your anxiety and depression, then treat that.

Worrywart84
02-12-18, 15:53
Sometimes when my mind is fixated on an anxiety I can’t remember if I did simple routine things like take a pill or turn off the coffee pot. I think it’s because your brain is focused on MS so much that you are doing your routine tasks on autopilot and then not having a recollection of doing them. It’s how people drive somewhere while deep in thought and suddenly arrive at their destination having no memory of the drive itself. Brains are kinda cool like that.

jray23
02-12-18, 16:43
If you suffer from anxiety AND depression AND you're a hypochondriac AND you search the internet for answers to sporadic and random symptoms with no medical supervision, you ARE going to find a connection to your worst fears.

What you need to do is have the symptoms medically diagnosed, and when you find out it's due to your anxiety and depression, then treat that.

This. So much this.

Don't ask us at this point, ask the doctor. Your fear will either be true or you will have to chalk it up to anxiety and depression and face these beasts head on.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

JoshuaMichael
02-12-18, 22:02
Right now this throbbing prickling in my index finger, 2nd day of it. Exactly how I had it in my thumb. GOD NO. I really do have it. My parents really despise of me wanting to head to the GP because they doubt MS. I really believe I have it.

Fishmanpa
02-12-18, 22:26
I really believe I have it.

Going down the rabbit hole (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223971) again I'm afraid :weep:

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

Lucky802
02-12-18, 22:47
My close friend has been diagnosed with MS and her symptoms were completely different. You just have health anxiety symptoms.

MrLurcher
02-12-18, 23:12
My close friend has been diagnosed with MS and her symptoms were completely different. You just have health anxiety symptoms.

I recently posted a thread about my worries around MND. However MS has also crossed my mind. I know symptoms vary, but what were her symptoms? This week I have had quite achey legs, tingling sensations in my feet and quite fatigued in general.

Fishmanpa
02-12-18, 23:19
what were her symptoms?

Is that relevant? Talking about her symptoms will only feed your dragon I'm afraid. Suffice it say neither you nor Joshua have MS. :lac:

Positive thoughts

MrLurcher
02-12-18, 23:25
Is that relevant? Talking about her symptoms will only feed your dragon I'm afraid. Suffice it say neither you nor Joshua have MS. :lac:

Positive thoughts

No I suppose it's not that relevant when symptoms vary so much from person to person. Perhaps I need to not be so curious.

venusbluejeans
02-12-18, 23:28
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

jray23
03-12-18, 05:44
I recently posted a thread about my worries around MND. However MS has also crossed my mind. I know symptoms vary, but what were her symptoms? This week I have had quite achey legs, tingling sensations in my feet and quite fatigued in general.Why would you want to find out the symptoms? What good can come out of that, compared to what bad would happen if your anxiety brain starts "feeling" whatever those symptoms are.

MrLurcher
03-12-18, 14:38
Why would you want to find out the symptoms? What good can come out of that, compared to what bad would happen if your anxiety brain starts "feeling" whatever those symptoms are.

Looking for reassurance I suppose, but I know all the types of symptoms. I will probably try and see a doctor this week. I've had recurring random leg aches and foot tingling for the past 5 days now, so feeling very worried.

JoshuaMichael
07-12-18, 17:10
THE CONCERN IS NOW SEVERE.
SEEING A GP MONDAY.

This throbbing tingling... was in my thumb constantly couple weeks back, it moved to the index finger for a week. Now the middle finger is doing the same, throbbing prickling. ALL DAY LONG. Whose to tell me this aint MS.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Look this is just not right. A constant throbbing tingling. Moving across my left hand.

AMomentofClarity
07-12-18, 17:11
THE CONCERN IS NOW SEVERE.
SEEING A GP MONDAY.

This throbbing tingling... was in my thumb constantly couple weeks back, it moved to the index finger for a week. Now the middle finger is doing the same, throbbing prickling. ALL DAY LONG. Whose to tell me this aint MS.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Look this is just not right. A constant throbbing tingling. Moving across my left hand.

Have you considered getting help for your anxiety? You’d be surprised at how effective it can be at treating your perceived physical symptoms.

jray23
07-12-18, 18:46
Go to the doctor Monday. After he/she tells you that it's ok and nothing to worry about, you will then know that treating anxiety is your next step. Otherwise you'll have this whole issue again with a new perceived disease, and again and again and again until you treat the anxiety.

MattBananafone34
27-12-18, 05:43
Anyone wondering what the doctor said. Mate probably got the good news and went home and packed In Form Pogba. Hoping the best ����

HelloPanda23
28-12-18, 07:58
All these symptoms I've been experiencing, what if this is all MS?

My right eye, for some reason, has been ever so slightly less sharp than the left for maybe 10 days. Yes, I do get dry eyes, but still concerned. Also, I am definitely experiencing cognitive changes - short term memory is very poor and it takes me longer to learn and do basic things now, like in Maths for instance. Or, simple problem solving. Even as of a few days ago, I've started getting some muscle spasms - in the ear, and in my lip area for about a minute, and briefly in my chest area for a short time. On top of that, I have, as of yesterday, been experiencing the bladder issues that I've read as a symptom (though my Mum believes this is a urine infection), like urinary retention issues.

All the above are symptoms of MS and I've been experiencing all of them, with two of them, the twitches and urinary thing, came on very recently, and I strongly believe that my cognition has worsened recently too. Oh wow... just writing this I felt a slight tingle in my finger... you see? MS! Great!

It may be true that I have chronic anxiety and depression, which apparently can cause the twitching, for example, but I'm severely scared of MS. Maybe all this time my unexplained symptoms have indeed been MS. :(

Seeking for reassurance will make you worse. Lemme make this simple to you, you will continue living a fearful life unless you acknowledge the fact that you're a mortal being that can die from health problems. It's hard on me too, I've been suffering for a while, but it gets better. Sure, I have chronic anxiety that has merged with health concerns, but that doesn't stop me from living the life I like. I have my up and downs but through it all, I keep myself as strong as possible. Now, I will give you the steps to gaining most of your life back. Follow them if you want, it's up to you.
1. Do research on MS, and about the lives of those who suffer from it. Check how these people maintain great and happy lifestyles, even with such a bad disease. I've never cared for this fear, but as far as I'm concerned, there are people who maintain a normal life through diets, and other means. Also understand that you can live for around 60 years or so with this disease. Get this knowledge and you'll realize that there is nothing to fear.
2. Imagine yourself with MS over and over again, plan what you will do if you get it, and go through the possibilities. Do this as much as possible intil you lose your fear of getting MS.
3. Stop using this website. I've been off for months, and to some degree I feel better. Reassurance from people isn't helpful one bit. Trust me, it's better for you to reassure yourself.
4. Distractions. Do things you love and have fun. Do the things you did before health anxiety plagued you with its hardships, and don't let your fears stop you.
That's all I can say, I've used all these steps and nowadays, I at maximum worry about SFI for 30 minutes a day. That's usually before sleeping though, which is only likely.
Btw, if you aren't aware of how badly a disease affects you, leave it that way. I had a rabies fear after a dog licked my wound, and so that went on for a good week. In that time, I didn't search for symptoms, how badly I'd die, and etc. Guess what? I'm not scared about that, I lost my fear over it because I stopped feeding my anxiety.
All I got to say, until next time. Good luck guys! :)

JoshuaMichael
02-01-19, 13:30
Hi. It's me again, some of you may recognise my name. If you are reading this, I want you to read it carefully, and I want you to be direct, straight talking and honest with me. I am not looking for the reassurance that "I don't have it", I am instead looking for an honest opinion. Read Carefully.

My first concern of MS began in September 2018, when I started getting muscle spasms in my ear. I looked it up online and the first thing that came up was muscle spasms being a sign of MS. I didn't think much of it, since this was the only thing happening. But it lasted days. Twitching in foot muscles followed, lasting even weeks.

Around a similar time frame, in September, I noticed I was itchy. Like, all over the place, and for the first time felt a brief tingle in a finger on my left hand. I had remembered seeing things like tingling and itchiness from MS. Hmm. That night, strange tingling started happening in many areas rather constantly, like my head, and hand. It lasted into the next day along with burning as I became increasingly stressed at this being an MS sign. My concern of MS faded slightly but twitching continued.

In October/November 2018, things intensified as I noticed a throbbing tingling sensation, quite strongly, in my thumb. It would be 1 second of buzzing, then 3 seconds of nothing, then buzzing again. It would be like this for a week in the left thumb. Then, the index finger did the same, then the little finger. During October and November I experienced very odd vibrations too, in the back of my head, like buzzing bees inside the skin, which would happen for a few seconds at a time every now and then, in the same spot, for days. This vibrating has happened under my left ear and under my lip, where it has been happening today. This vibrating in the back of my head has also been happening over this holiday period. During December, more continued symptoms, like waking up with buzzing in my chin for a day. Throbbing buzzing in the left fingers, and a strange, cold, stinging like sensation that has been happening about once a day around the right side of my head. For a week in November, my vision was really off for a good week, I convinced myself it was dry eyes, but now I suspect it's MS. The last 3 months have also seen gradually worsening cognition, mainly short term memory.

And now, the last 2 weeks have seen incredible turn for the worst. Indeed, the Christmas holidays,or any time off school, cause the peak of my anxiety, but I believe that to be unrelated. Constant fatigue despite adequate sleep. A couple episodes of vertigo lasting a few seconds. Just the other day, a wet sensation on my thigh that made it feel off, and the same in the heel of my foot last night, combined with an odd buzzing under my lip right now. The last week over Christmas, a strange head ache, but of a different sort, where there is a strange 2 second pain in the same place of the right side of my head, many times an hour. This is yet to subside. Other sensory changes have been noted. I am incredibly depressed and anxious right now. More than maybe ever before. For a good 5 days over Christmas, I had tingling all over my left hand which didn't stop. I have a blood test on January 11th to begin the diagnostic process. I wonder what the people who told me not to worry will be thinking now?

It's true that I'm a hypochondriac who suffers with anxiety and depression. I am 16. I am on the waiting list for CBT. My parents are fully informed of everything above, as I go on about it a lot. I have been wrong dozens of times about my worries, but never before have so many indicative symptoms been present like they are today. They come and go as well, just like how MS symptoms behave.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Oh look at that I feel buzzing right now in that same place on the back of my head where it's been happening intermittently for weeks! Someone explain!? I should add massive problems with word fluency too.

KatiePink
02-01-19, 13:38
I know what it's like to write all of your detailed symptoms out in the hope for some answers. I never got any and i still now, years down the line believe I may have or develop MS.

The answer is there is no answer, there's nothing you can do simple as that. If you have any genuine concerns they should always be talked through with your GP but basically the long and short of it is, anxiety can and has caused all of the above with me.

Do I have MS or will I ever have MS? Who knows. I can't answer that question, though I've spent years of my life trying to answer it along with many other things. It's about acceptance and letting go of the obsessive behaviours. You will never feel OK whilst you're being controlled by fears.

Wishing you well with CBT

P.S you write very good for someone of your age, well done!

Elen
02-01-19, 13:47
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

JoshuaMichael
02-01-19, 20:08
Well... this is just... terrible.

Scass
02-01-19, 20:36
Well... this is just... terrible.

What’s terrible?

I’ll tell you my thoughts.
1). You’re symptoms are worse during breaks from school. So are mine (although I work). I find long periods of time where I just have time to worry are worse. When your brain is active & engrossed in interesting stuff it’s easier to ignore the anxiety.

2). Don’t just wait for cbt, go to your local library where you can borrow loads of self help books on health anxiety and cbt. It’ll give you something to do besides googling your symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK77
02-01-19, 20:42
All this is just histrionics. You have ignored 80% of the replies on this thread and continue with your "symptoms" antics.

If you genuinely DO have an anxiety disorder....crack out of your shell and DO something about it.

Repeating your symptoms over and over again on here will achieve NOTHING as you're not interested in others' experiences/advice.

KatiePink
02-01-19, 22:41
Oh my I didn't see all of these replies I just saw the post and thought it was the first one. Seeing as my reply wasn't even acknowledged I won't be making that mistake again, name noted.

Wishing you well

jray23
03-01-19, 05:22
I'm not a doctor so I can't tell you if you have MS or not (even though you really really probably don't). What I can tell you without even fully reading your post is that you are simply engrossed in your symptoms. The fact that you took the time to put each symptom in bold ... you are quite literally overemphasizing your symptoms - in print and I'm sure also in your mind.

You're trying to prove to yourself and anyone who will listen that you have MS. But why?? To meet what end?? The only thing I can think of is like I've seen in other posters and in myself in the past, is this is your brain is trying to find congruency. It wants evidence for its catastrophic thoughts. It can't fathom being wrong. The old refrain "But this time is different. This time it's really it!" However, just because it thinks it is finding that congruency doesn't make it so. The mind will make up anything to make it feel like it has proven its point.

WiseMonkey
03-01-19, 07:06
Hi. It's me again, some of you may recognise my name. If you are reading this, I want you to read it carefully, and I want you to be direct, straight talking and honest with me. I am not looking for the reassurance that "I don't have it", I am instead looking for an honest opinion. Read Carefully.

My first concern of MS began in September 2018, when I started getting muscle spasms in my ear. I looked it up online and the first thing that came up was muscle spasms being a sign of MS. I didn't think much of it, since this was the only thing happening. But it lasted days. Twitching in foot muscles followed, lasting even weeks.

Around a similar time frame, in September, I noticed I was itchy. Like, all over the place, and for the first time felt a brief tingle in a finger on my left hand. I had remembered seeing things like tingling and itchiness from MS. Hmm. That night, strange tingling started happening in many areas rather constantly, like my head, and hand. It lasted into the next day along with burning as I became increasingly stressed at this being an MS sign. My concern of MS faded slightly but twitching continued.

In October/November 2018, things intensified as I noticed a throbbing tingling sensation, quite strongly, in my thumb. It would be 1 second of buzzing, then 3 seconds of nothing, then buzzing again. It would be like this for a week in the left thumb. Then, the index finger did the same, then the little finger. During October and November I experienced very odd vibrations too, in the back of my head, like buzzing bees inside the skin, which would happen for a few seconds at a time every now and then, in the same spot, for days. This vibrating has happened under my left ear and under my lip, where it has been happening today. This vibrating in the back of my head has also been happening over this holiday period. During December, more continued symptoms, like waking up with buzzing in my chin for a day. Throbbing buzzing in the left fingers, and a strange, cold, stinging like sensation that has been happening about once a day around the right side of my head. For a week in November, my vision was really off for a good week, I convinced myself it was dry eyes, but now I suspect it's MS. The last 3 months have also seen gradually worsening cognition, mainly short term memory.

And now, the last 2 weeks have seen incredible turn for the worst. Indeed, the Christmas holidays,or any time off school, cause the peak of my anxiety, but I believe that to be unrelated. Constant fatigue despite adequate sleep. A couple episodes of vertigo lasting a few seconds. Just the other day, a wet sensation on my thigh that made it feel off, and the same in the heel of my foot last night, combined with an odd buzzing under my lip right now. The last week over Christmas, a strange head ache, but of a different sort, where there is a strange 2 second pain in the same place of the right side of my head, many times an hour. This is yet to subside. Other sensory changes have been noted. I am incredibly depressed and anxious right now. More than maybe ever before. For a good 5 days over Christmas, I had tingling all over my left hand which didn't stop. I have a blood test on January 11th to begin the diagnostic process. I wonder what the people who told me not to worry will be thinking now?

It's true that I'm a hypochondriac who suffers with anxiety and depression. I am 16. I am on the waiting list for CBT. My parents are fully informed of everything above, as I go on about it a lot. I have been wrong dozens of times about my worries, but never before have so many indicative symptoms been present like they are today. They come and go as well, just like how MS symptoms behave.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Oh look at that I feel buzzing right now in that same place on the back of my head where it's been happening intermittently for weeks! Someone explain!? I should add massive problems with word fluency too.

I had all these symptoms in one form or another and my Dr sent me to the neurologist for an MRI. I was hoping it wasn't MS. The MRI was of course clear but I was diagnosed with CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) a few months later, which can mimic a lot of other illnesses. I was in my mid 30's but had had a very stressful life. Many of my symptoms were more neurological, rather than muscular, each person can be different in how they present. After months of not knowing what was wrong with me, I was so happy to have CFS.

I recently taught with a lady who'd had CFS in her teenage years (when it's quite prevalent especially if you've had a lot of stress) and she fully recovered.

Of course it may just be stress but I'm offering a lesser solution that MS. Both CFS and ME are autoimmune conditions, only CFS can be temporary or at it's worse a darn nuisance, but it's a benign condition.

PS. anxiety and stress make it much worse.

textsfromthemoon
03-01-19, 19:05
I understand that you’re scared but you need to accept all of these feelings can come from anxiety as many people have said here, you post in this thread over and over but refuse to engage with anyone offering reassurance or other viewpoints, it’s like you’re talking just to yourself to validate your anxious thoughts and work yourself into a tizzy.

There’s nothing wrong with posting here, I find when I’m having irrational
Thoughts (and trust me I am not judging your MS fears, considering I have a rabies fear I have no room to talk LOL) but when the catch is for this thread to be productive you have to be willing to look at other viewpoints and accept to yourself that this is likely anxiety based and your worrying is what is exacerbating your symptoms. I made a thread in the rabies subforum a few weeks ago that felt so real to me when I posted it but multiple users pointed out how irrational and anxiety based it was and instead of just reposting and bolding my irrational thoughts I created a conversation with the other users to work through the thoughts. Trust me I’m not a saint and am not saying I’ve never done what you’re doing (I definitely have), I’ve been in your place to, but this site will be much more helpful and productive for you if you engage with us and consider ways to bring your anxiety levels down

JoshuaMichael
05-01-19, 19:01
Hello. I have acknowledged all of the replies, and have read every word; I appreciate the time you take to respond to my worrisome messages. The general impression I get from all your replies is that anxiety is playing a more influential role than I think it is. I of course don't think this is anxiety and I believe it's MS. As I sit here, typing now, my left hand is still... tingly. And, every so often, but at least 5 times a day, there will be a few seconds of proper intense stingy tingling in one of the fingers on my left hand, though I'm beginning to feel it lightly on my right hand and foot. Not a good sign. I'm getting painful stabbing headaches. Very painful, brief stabbing pain. otherwise this tingling really is not normal. Time will tell and I will fight for an answer from a professional, but I truly believe I have the condition, and it's incredibly depressing as I think about it every minute. And whenever I'm not thinking about it, my finger my buzz, or I'll get confused about something, and the thoughts manifest once again.

If you are new to this thread, please take time to read through my symptoms listed above and let me know how you feel on this, adding painful stabbing headaches. 2 weeks now. Worsening. tingling, sometimes strong for a few seconds, every day. tingling buzzing in random places, sometimes fixating in the same place for days. The last couple days I experienced tingling in my scalp in the same spot intermittently.

All responses are read, acknowledged, considered and appreciated,

Josh

Scass
05-01-19, 19:17
But you aren’t considering them because you’re asking new people to reply to you.

How many people who also suffer from anxiety does it take before you believe them?

I have friends with MS. You don’t have the same symptoms as them.

Tell me about your day, what you do and how your supposed illness affects you?

JoshuaMichael
05-01-19, 19:30
First of all, I can announce that, this tingling at the fingertips of the left hand, after weeks, is now happening in the right hand too, and the right foot. Marvellous.

My day has been better than usual (thank you for asking), as I am trying hard to pick certain things off the ground. (I was a top grade student but my grades crashed in 2018, lost all my friends too). Still, not a good day mostly. Mainly due to continued symptoms most of the day, scaring me and pumping adrenaline through me. Ugh. I'm constipated despite lots of water consumption, another symptom.

I am constantly playing tug of war with myself every single day, and every so often, the fear of MS, and health anxiety, and my depression, which are all on one side of that rope, really start pulling. Now that my symptoms are more indicative than ever of the disease, I am struggling.

Scass
05-01-19, 19:53
You’re just telling me your mental state, not physical. Are you saying you can’t pick up things off the floor yet you can type in your keyboard/ phone?

jray23
05-01-19, 20:04
What if you placed as much importance on the mental symptoms you have (stress, anxiety, depression) as the physical symptoms? You wrote how you sat there typing and your finger symptoms. Why not say "I'm sitting here typing and I'm completely depressed"? I think this would change your self-diagnosis or at least help you to better recognize what is going on.

And I'm sorry to hear that you've had a rough 2018. To lose your social life, and to lose the sense of accomplishment from achieving at schoo or perhaps more - don't you think that these things are much more likely causes of all your symptoms? Would you expect anyone who had rough things like that happen to feel fit and healthy?

Better yet, put it this way. Assume you actually do have MS. Until a doctor diagnoses you with MS you can't really do anything to help it can you? But in the meantime you can certainly do things to help your mental illness. Why not focus on treating what you can right now and procrastinate on worries of MS until you can actually do something about it? It's a win-win. Worst case you have MS but you'll be more at peace about it. Best case your symptoms start to fade away as you address your mental condition! There's no downside!

JoshuaMichael
05-01-19, 20:40
I see your point. Unfortunately, I am far beyond the point where I can just block out the fear of MS. Rarely do I have so many symptoms to indicate something serious. MS is likely. Makes me sad.

Scass
05-01-19, 20:52
Ok, well. You haven’t answered my question about how it affects you physically. Can you walk up and down stairs? Run for a bus? Brush your teeth? Can you help your Mum with the housework? Tell me what you can’t do?

JoshuaMichael
05-01-19, 21:43
I'm in a state of disagreement about what you are saying. Symptoms can be subtle. My symptoms have behaved just the way relapse-remitting MS behaves. A bad period of symptoms, then no bad symptoms for like weeks, and now, since December, this bad episode of symptoms has flared up again, just like a RELAPSE. I'm having an MS relapse, this is what I believe, it's scaring the F out of me.

Fishmanpa
05-01-19, 22:06
All this is just histrionics. You have ignored 80% of the replies on this thread and continue with your "symptoms" antics.

If you genuinely DO have an anxiety disorder....crack out of your shell and DO something about it.

Repeating your symptoms over and over again on here will achieve NOTHING as you're not interested in others' experiences/advice.

Read that a few times Joshua. That's truth. No one denies you're having symptoms, however we strongly deny that it's sinister in any way.

Last month on Friday the 7th, you posted you were seeing your doctor on Monday the 10th. How did that go?

All I can say at this point is vent all you want. It doesn't change the reality. I hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

JoshuaMichael
05-01-19, 23:27
guess I'm going to bed tonight with Paresthesia in my hands then. literally tingling in different fingers constantly. Like nerves being fired wrongly by damage? DEFO NOT MS! NIGHT ALL!

utrocket09
05-01-19, 23:29
guess I'm going to bed tonight with Paresthesia in my hands then. literally tingling in different fingers constantly. Like nerves being fired wrongly by damage? DEFO NOT MS! NIGHT ALL!

Its not. If you had MS at such a young age, you would be one in a million. I have a friend with MS and she can hardly walk

WiseMonkey
05-01-19, 23:40
You never acknowledged my post that it could be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, causing your symptoms! It can happen in your age group.

Fishmanpa
05-01-19, 23:54
You didn't answer my question.

Last month on Friday the 7th, you posted you were seeing your doctor on Monday the 10th. How did that go?

Positive thoughts

jray23
05-01-19, 23:57
I see your point. Unfortunately, I am far beyond the point where I can just block out the fear of MS.

I'm not suggesting you block out the fear of MS. I agree that is too big of a step for you to take right now. If getting out of the rabbit hole was that easy, we wouldn't need this forum. Fear it, go ahead. I don't think it is rational to fear it, and eventually down the road you will need to move on from that, but right now go right ahead and fear it. BUT don't fight it and let it consume you since there's nothing you can do to treat it on your own (as far as I know). A person can fear something and push forward anyway .

What I am suggesting is that you take steps to address your mental state. Make this your goal, your priority with whatever free time you have. How? Meditate. Take short walks. Learn yoga or tai chi or something else relaxing and mindful. Use CBT links on this site. Buy health anxiety books on Amazon like Claire Weekes' or David Veale's and read them. Scour the internet for more information on anxiety and depression. Take your time doing these things while you are still awaiting whatever medical appointments and exams you've scheduled to address your MS concerns.

JoshuaMichael
06-01-19, 19:33
I'm not suggesting you block out the fear of MS. I agree that is too big of a step for you to take right now. If getting out of the rabbit hole was that easy, we wouldn't need this forum. Fear it, go ahead. I don't think it is rational to fear it, and eventually down the road you will need to move on from that, but right now go right ahead and fear it. BUT don't fight it and let it consume you since there's nothing you can do to treat it on your own (as far as I know). A person can fear something and push forward anyway .

What I am suggesting is that you take steps to address your mental state. Make this your goal, your priority with whatever free time you have. How? Meditate. Take short walks. Learn yoga or tai chi or something else relaxing and mindful. Use CBT links on this site. Buy health anxiety books on Amazon like Claire Weekes' or David Veale's and read them. Scour the internet for more information on anxiety and depression. Take your time doing these things while you are still awaiting whatever medical appointments and exams you've scheduled to address your MS concerns.

Hello! Since about 2pm today the right side of the end of my thumb on my left hand has been buzzing. An actual buzzy feeling in the end of the thumb again. 5 hours now.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

cognitive issues all day again today. Tingling in left thumb and left middle finger all day, just like most of yesterday and as it was a few weeks ago where it occured there for several days before settling. not MS? HAHAHAH

Fishmanpa
06-01-19, 19:36
You didn't answer my question.

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
06-01-19, 19:39
One thing I've noticed is that certain posters here seem to actually want to have the diseases they're ostensibly afraid of just so that they can prove the people wrong who are trying to help them with their anxiety.

I know fear affects different people in different ways, but this baffles me.

JoshuaMichael
06-01-19, 19:51
You are gravely mistaken.

I do not want Multiple Sclerosis. When I research into the symptoms I'm having, even right as I type, which is a persistent buzzing in my left thumb and middle finger, there really isn't much it can be. We can rule out carpal tunnel, because I've had this happen in my face, with buzzing parts of my head. I doubt this is any kind of deficiency. As soon as I find out what this is, and I have my MRI scan, I will be posting the results here straight away. There just isn't much this can be at all.

WiseMonkey
06-01-19, 19:54
You didn't answer my question. Positive thoughts

Didn't answer mine either! The OP is utterly convinced he had MS and can't even entertain the idea that it could be anything else even though all the symptoms fit a less serious condition or conditions!!

pulisa
06-01-19, 19:57

I do not want Multiple Sclerosis. When I research into the symptoms I'm having, even right as I type, which is a persistent buzzing in my left thumb and middle finger, there really isn't much it can be. We can rule out carpal tunnel, because I've had this happen in my face, with buzzing parts of my head. I doubt this is any kind of deficiency. As soon as I find out what this is, and I have my MRI scan, I will be posting the results here straight away. There just isn't much this can be at all.

Why haven't you been referred to a neurologist then? Why the delay?

jray23
06-01-19, 20:04
One thing I've noticed is that certain posters here seem to actually want to have the diseases they're ostensibly afraid of just so that they can prove the people wrong who are trying to help them with their anxiety.

I know fear affects different people in different ways, but this baffles me.It's confirmation bias. The mind seeks out evidence to support its theories and ignores everything else as noise. We see it all the time in political discourse.

So when Josh feels his thumb buzzing, instead of considering what has been posted here, or that a Google search for "thumb buzzing" (which I have just done) shows many possible causes - including some rare ones that are even far more serious than MS - and many more much more common and not serious explanations (including anxiety...anxietycentre.com was the #2 search result), his mind latches on to only that which his mind is fixated on and ignores everything else.

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

We can rule out carpal tunnel, because I've had this happen in my face, with buzzing parts of my head.

With all due respect Josh, you are not a doctor and therefore can't rule out (or diagnose) anything. (Same goes for us)

Looking forward to your clear MRI and hoping that you'll decide to tackle the anxiety problem so that you don't fall into this cycle with a new affliction in a few months.

KatiePink
06-01-19, 20:54
You've had all these great responses here, especially from jray23! Read them again very slowly and let it sink in.

Personally I can't understand your approach, I've been in some horrendous states with health anxiety and utterly convinced I had MS, Cancer etc but I always knew deep down there was a chance it was pure anxiety, hence me posting on here.

You're telling people this is MS, and not to say it's anxiety, when you're posting on NoMorePanic!

If I say, yes you do have MS. What are you going to do about it? You will still keep posting on here about it, so it's sort of an obsession with posting these things too maybe.

If you're only 15, can I ask what your parents/carers are doing to address your issues? All of this must be affecting your education and life in general. Please seek real life help for your state of mind.

It really concerns me to see a child/teenager posting like this on here, without knowing what support you're getting in real life.

textsfromthemoon
06-01-19, 22:09

This is 100% HA-thinking, with all due respect, there are tons and tons of things it can be from that are not MS, like another user said it seems you’re specifically looking on sites that relate to MS so that your anxiety can give itself the “proof” it needs to keep growing.

Last night my pointer finger on my left hand was hurting a bit and tingly/burning, I probably bumped it onto something or had a cut from my cat or something, anyway because of my own recent anxieties I started to fixate on it and it tingled for quite a while, however when I got home from work, took a shower, hung out with my boyfriend, played some video games...the tingling was gone! Woke up this morning...no tingling, didn’t even think of it again until now when I saw your thread had updated. Just an anecdote to show that anxiety CAN cause and exacerbate these symptoms. The more we fixate the worse we can feel.

JoshuaMichael
07-01-19, 21:00
Well. Thought I'd update what's happening. I'm 16 now by the way, as of November.

As of yesterday afternoon, the generalised tingling in my fingers that seems to always be there turned into bad throbbing buzzing, just like it did in early December. Like, about 3 weeks back the my left hand had a full episode of each finger doing a constant throbbing buzzing for several days. It settled. Now it's back. Like an actual strong, throbbing buzz/prickle, all day constantly without stop. It really got to me in my maths class this morning, when the strong buzzing happened in the thumb and, for the first time, in a finger on my right hand. If it behaves like it did a few weeks back, this could last for many days before settling - symptoms behaving just like MS.

AMomentofClarity
07-01-19, 21:04
Well. Thought I'd update what's happening. I'm 16 now by the way, as of November.

As of yesterday afternoon, the generalised tingling in my fingers that seems to always be there turned into bad throbbing buzzing, just like it did in early December. Like, about 3 weeks back the my left hand had a full episode of each finger doing a constant throbbing buzzing for several days. It settled. Now it's back. Like an actual strong, throbbing buzz/prickle, all day constantly without stop. It really got to me in my maths class this morning, when the strong buzzing happened in the thumb and, for the first time, in a finger on my right hand. If it behaves like it did a few weeks back, this could last for many days before settling - symptoms behaving just like MS.

Clear and obvious pattern:

Step 1) Ignore previous posts/replies

Step 2) List symptoms for gazillionth time in thread

Step 3) Demand having feared illness

This is page one of the hypochondria playbook.....Health Anxiety 101

JoshuaMichael
07-01-19, 21:09
To summarise, along with all the other symptoms, the tingling:

First properly began in October, where my thumb started doing a slow, throbbing-like buzzing, quite strongly. This lasted several days. A couple days later, it moved to the index finger, again, all day long. Then it moved to the middle finger. Then, as MS symptoms tend to behave, there was little experience of any symptoms at all, for a few weeks, until late November, when it returned briefly, prompting me to go to the doctor, settled again after a week. Ever since this episode, I have been almost constantly experiencing very light, generalised tinglyness in my left hand fingers. In Late December, things flared up badly, many different parts of my left hand, including all the fingers, started going crazy. This actually lasted for several days - all fingers involved. And now, early January, the strong throbbing buzzing that first began in October, has officially returned.

AMomentofClarity
07-01-19, 21:11

Bump....

JoshuaMichael
07-01-19, 21:14
Bump....

literally unable to do anything right now. Since I'm left handed, writing at school today was actually tough my when my left thumb was constantly throbbing buzzing

AMomentofClarity
07-01-19, 21:17

Step 2) LIST SYMPTOMS FOR GAZILLIONTH TIME IN THREAD

Bump...

KK77
07-01-19, 21:50
literally unable to do anything right now. Since I'm left handed, writing at school today was actually tough my when my left thumb was constantly throbbing buzzing

Have you thought about starting your own symptoms blog since you don't require any feedback from others?

jray23
07-01-19, 23:35
..... this could last for many days before settling - symptoms behaving just like anxiety.

Fixed your post

JoshuaMichael
07-01-19, 23:39
no... just no. Incorrect. Entire left hand going crazy now as I try to sleep. Thumb buzzing, other fingers on the left hand tingling stinging and prickling strongly and constantly.

AMomentofClarity
07-01-19, 23:53
no... just no. Incorrect. Entire left hand going crazy now as I try to sleep. Thumb buzzing, other fingers on the left hand tingling stinging and prickling strongly and constantly.

Oh gee.....more listing of symptoms....I’m shocked:ohmy::ohmy:

textsfromthemoon
08-01-19, 02:23
Did you ever speak to a GP or doctor about these issues Joshua? I saw that Fishmanpa asked several times regarding this topic but you never responded to him, as that was more than a month ago now I do believe I'm sure your doctor would have some kind of results by now? What did he/she say?

JoshuaMichael
08-01-19, 20:20
Update for 8th January:

Buzzing/prickling, whatever you want to call it, in the tip, and the side, of the left thumb, has continued all day again, but milder. It is noticeably worse if I stretch out my thumb, confirming it's related to a nerve issue. Brief feeling of buzzing have been felt again in just about all fingers today. The thumb buzzing is causing significant stress as it continues on and on and on. Cognitive problems have continued today. 3 days until the blood test to begin the diagnostic process. Carpal tunnel can be ruled out because of the symptom happening in both hands, and of the presence of the symptom in a small area of the lower lip last week, where again, stretching that area, for example but smiling, would cause an intensified parasthesis to occur.

edit. Can confirm any pressure in the thumb causes it to intensify. Happening 24/7 right now.
Josh.

BlueIris
08-01-19, 20:31
Serious question: why are you posting to a forum when you don't seem to want to engage with people?

JoshuaMichael
14-01-19, 16:25
Unbelievable Update for 14th January:

The strange vibration in the end of my thumb is much lighter, but persists, and short term retention issues remain.

However, this morning was a distinct message from my body that I have the disease. The return of a symptom I mention in my long list, which can be seen a couple pages back.

It's a strong, mobile phone-like vibrating. Very strong. Very alarming. It happened this morning, panicking me in school like crazy. I nearly went to the medical room. This morning, it was happening on a small area on the right side of my head, just above the right temple. It would be brief, maybe 5 seconds, but was happening up to 3 times a minute. It was so bad I was actually feeling dizzy as I felt like there was an actual phone going off inside my head.

This is extremely serious and does not compliment any possibility of a carpal tunnel situation, which I could rule out myself months ago. I had my blood test on Friday, and we are expecting the results by Thursday at the latest. I intend to go all the way with this diagnostic process but I am asking anyone who has read this carefully, as well as my long symptoms list, which was posted in late December, to present me with any possibility other than MS, or "anxiety". Which, by the way, I was not anxious this morning, until of course, this symptom happened. Why would the same spot on the thumb tip continue to be irritated for days and weeks. I will be reading every word of every reply. Do not waste my time by complaining about my ways.

Sincerely,
Josh

Scass
14-01-19, 16:29
Why didn’t you go to the medical room?

pulisa
14-01-19, 16:48
Goodness, you are a very arrogant young man, Josh.

BlueIris
14-01-19, 16:53
You're here asking for help from strangers who owe you nothing, and from what I've seen you're not offering help or advice on anybody else's threads (apologies if I'm wrong here).

There's over twelve pages of support here from people trying to offer you help, so I do think it's very rude of you to complain about people wasting your time.

AMomentofClarity
14-01-19, 16:56
This honestly has to be the most entitled, selfish thread I’ve ever seen on this site.

Honestly, why do you think anyone owes you anything? In fact, what makes you think that the owners/admins of this forum even owe you a place to put your fears?

And as far as “wasting your time”, you’re on here almost daily updating the world about an illness that you absolutely don’t have....I think you’re doing a remarkable job of wasting your own time and don’t need much help from the rest of us.

ErinKC
14-01-19, 17:08
Why post on an anxiety forum if you don't want people to respond by discussing your anxiety?

The MS fear has also always perplexed me. I mean, no one WANTS to have MS of course, but it's treatable and manageable. It's not a death sentence. And, all you need to do is talk to your doctor and get an MRI to confirm or rule out.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but have you spoken to your doctor at all about your concerns?

There are exactly two ways to deal with this fear of MS:

(1) go to a doctor to confirm or rule out a diagnosis
(2) treat the underlying anxiety that's causing your to fears

My brother's girlfriend was diagnosed with MS last year. It wasn't some long drawn out thing where she wondered about it for months or years. She got a severe pain in her eye, went to the eye doctor who sent her to the ER, where they did an MRI and confirmed she had MS. That's it. It took a day. Now she's on meds and completely fine.

JoshuaMichael
14-01-19, 17:26
Goodness, you are a very arrogant young man, Josh.

I think you are being presumptuous to boil me down to a single adjective based on what clearly came across as a demanding post. Perhaps years of being treated unfairly by the medical system, with inaccurate diagnosis' is the reason for the demanding-of-answers post - because I have been starved of the correct answers from the highest levels of medical profession, for the sake of trying to see as many patients as possible.

BlueIris
14-01-19, 17:38
At the risk of stating the obvious, we're not medical professionals. We're a bunch of people who live with and/or support somebody who lives with one or more mental health conditions.

Your hostility towards us is unfounded, and frankly, so is your faith in a bunch of strangers with experience of anxiety disorders.

AMomentofClarity
14-01-19, 17:40
I think you are being presumptuous to boil me down to a single adjective based on what clearly came across as a demanding post. Perhaps years of being treated unfairly by the medical system, with inaccurate diagnosis' is the reason for the demanding-of-answers post - because I have been starved of the correct answers from the highest levels of medical profession, for the sake of trying to see as many patients as possible.

Boy...that sounds an awful lot like “I don’t always get my way, I’m angry about it, so I’m going to take it out on a bunch of people on an anxiety forum who’ve actually tried really hard to be helpful.”

pulisa
14-01-19, 17:51

So you're angry because you haven't been diagnosed with anything significant yet?

Carys
14-01-19, 18:32
Wow, I've just read this whole thread for the first time. I think it comprises of this...(words from 'moment of clarity')

Step 3) Demand having feared illness Except there is a 4th point now - be extraordinarily unpleasant and arrogant to those who are replying to you as if you have a right to demand from them.
Do not waste my time by complaining about my ways.

I BEG your pardon, that is astoundingly arrogant, as Pulisa stated earlier.

Lets see if this will be replied to, that has been asked by others.....

YOU SAY YOU HAVE HAD TWO DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS OVER THE COURSE OF THIS THREAD -

WHAT WERE THE OUTCOMES?

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Perhaps years of being treated unfairly by the medical system, with inaccurate diagnosis' is the reason for the demanding-of-answers post - because I have been starved of the correct answers from the highest levels of medical profession, for the sake of trying to see as many patients as possible.Actually, maybe you don't need to reply to my rainbow-coloured question, I am guessing they are saying you DON'T have MS ?!

KK77
14-01-19, 18:36
Do not waste my time by complaining about my ways.

Sincerely,
Josh

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/694670432843108352/fxcEicBT.png

Carys
14-01-19, 18:53
I would point people in the direction of this other thread by the same user.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223739

He justifies deleting threads, with posts from other members who have taken the time to reply, as he doesn't like 'lecturing replies' about anxiety.
Here's some free advice; in life, if you go around throwing stones at people who you want help from, you won't get any help. Respect and good manners go a long way.

jray23
14-01-19, 19:24
Your hostility towards us is unfounded, and frankly, so is your faith in a bunch of strangers with experience of anxiety disorders.

I think you meant lack of faith in us, since he refuses to acknowledge our advice as a very distinct and logical explanation for his symptoms.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

There are exactly two ways to deal with this fear of MS:

(1) go to a doctor to confirm or rule out a diagnosis

(2) treat the underlying anxiety that's causing your to fears

This. 100%. We can help with option 2 if you're willing to let us help.

Fishmanpa
14-01-19, 19:29
I think it's important to recognize this is a 15yo child. There are several members that fall into this category and have strikingly similar patterns and posting styles.

I'll leave it at that :whistles:

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
14-01-19, 19:47
I think it's important to recognize this is a 15yo child. There are several members that fall into this category and have strikingly similar patterns and posting styles.

I'll leave it at that :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Sure. But posting to a public forum and demanding what types of replies you want is immature, even for 16.

The usual MO is to just ignore/not acknowledge replies, not actively degrade them as “a waste of time.”

Carys
14-01-19, 19:52
I agree on this - its a life lesson.

16 year olds who come on a public forum and are highly disrespectful (and thats putting it mildly) of others should be told that they are being very rude. Actions/words have consequences in this on-line world, and in real life. This is not the first time it has happened, I was very perturbed when my replies on another thread were deleted (the whole thread was deleted) as the replies were deemed to be 'not what Joshua wanted'. This was then justified, despite being told by admin that it was disrespectful.

I appreciate that this is a younger member, but Joshua also needs to realise how his posts are being read and perceived. I'm sure members will still do as they always do, try and put it behind them and help if their help is needed. I think many here can see and empathise with the awful and terrifying belief that the OP has, and the patterns of behaviour have certainly been seen many times on the forum, but actually saying that people are 'wasting his time' is really out of order.

Fishmanpa
14-01-19, 20:22
"Some will. Some won't. So what? NEXT!"

Positive thoughts

KK77
14-01-19, 20:26
Perhaps years of being treated unfairly by the medical system, .

Whilst on the subject of Joshua's age, I wonder whether the above was a slip-up? "Years..."? Odd and incongruent comment for someone who's only "16".

One thing I would say, having studied linguistics, is that his vocabulary, spelling, syntax and grammar are too advanced for a "16-year-old".

Nevertheless, even a 10-year-old understands basic manners and to say "Thank you". So age is no excuse for disrespectful and rude behaviour.

JoshuaMichael
14-01-19, 20:39
Whilst on the subject of Joshua's age, I wonder whether the above was a slip-up? "Years..."? Odd and incongruent comment for someone who's only "16".

One thing I would say, having studied linguistics, is that his vocabulary, spelling, syntax and grammar are too advanced for a "16-year-old".

Nevertheless, even a 10-year-old understands basic manners and to say "Thank you". So age is no excuse for disrespectful and rude behaviour.

This is a compliment. I am actually 16 and in the last year of secondary school. Obviously I don't want to say which school and other specifics, but I promise you, as of November 2018, I am 16. Of everything I've read I'm concerned that you believe I'm older and pretending to be a child. Not the case. I am 16, which is mainly why I'm so down about what's going on because I have exams and college this year.

KK77
14-01-19, 20:42
This is a compliment. I am actually 16 and in the last year of secondary school. Obviously I don't want to say which school and other specifics, but I promise you, as of November 2018, I am 16. Of everything I've read I'm concerned that you believe I'm older and pretending to be a child. Not the case. I am 16, which is mainly why I'm so down about what's going on because I have exams and college this year.

Then you are an intelligent lad. And it is a sad state of affairs that you choose to waste your youth away worrying about awful illnesses.

Take the advice given to you here and seek professional help. Whatever your age is.

pulisa
14-01-19, 20:48
Your language skills are precocious yet your online "social skills" need attention if you wish to be treated with respect on here.

JoshuaMichael
14-01-19, 21:00
Response:

Good evening everyone. I have read all your responses and it's clear that my behaviour has been inapplicable. To state that all of you, who are replying to me out of courtesy in your own free time, to be "wasting my time", was incredibly out of touch. I see that some of you recall when I deleted a thread, which, I admit, was because of responses I wasn't happy with, mostly because they scared me.

You are correct in saying that I post only to hear what I want to hear. I get short term relief when people are confident that I don't have MS, but I am so adamant that I do even so, that I try to challenge those opinions with symptoms which are indicative - like the ones I'm having and had today.

If I took my time out to respond to somebody, and I was persistently disregarded, I would feel angry. I want you all to understand that this does not cross my mind, as most of my posts are made at the height of concern over these symptoms. My mindset becomes different and I become impulsive.

I would post briefly every now and again when I have new symptoms, because I want to see if anyone changes their mind. I shouldn't think people would have an issue with me briefly updating my symptoms list.

I would like to potentially go into politics when I'm older, if everything works out. I have to say after reading all the replies I really do feel like a politician! Even the administrator has called me disrespectful. Please understand that things are incredibly tough for me right now. This is not an excuse for my inappropriate language but a mere factor as to why it may be happening. Eventually I will know whether I have MS; you'll be the first to know. Thank you for the time you take replying to me, and I apologise for my etiquette. I want to let you know that many people in my life see me as kind and respectful, and I certainly believe I'm far more respectful when looking at some of the foul behaviour presented by most guys at my school. Clearly this has not been the case online. Sorry everyone.

Josh.

Carys
14-01-19, 21:16
Josh, thank you. I personally find your words sincere. Can I also remind you though, everyone is on here as they have some sort of mental health issue to some degree or other, its just another point to take into account when considering your responses.

What everyone keeps asking - you've seen the doctor twice - what did he/she say ?

jray23
15-01-19, 00:55
I get short term relief when people are confident that I don't have MS, but I am so adamant that I do even so, that I try to challenge those opinions with symptoms which are indicative - like the ones I'm having and had today.

I appreciate you taking the time to reflect and respond Josh. But beside that what you wrote here stands out to me because it tells me that you have the tools needed to beat your anxiety. One of the topics you'll see on here over and over again, and will hear if you do/have done CBT is to challenge your thoughts . You even used that exact word, challenge. So instead of the approach you've taken, flip it.

Be adamant that you have anxiety, and challenge your own thoughts and feelings that come up when you feel a new or troublesome symptom. Find reasons why it ISN'T MS. Find reasons why it could be linked to anxiety (it doesn't matter if you are peaceful or anxious on that day). Or find reasons it is something common and ultimately harmless (without Google). This may need to wait until the end of the week when you get the results back, but try to take this approach going forward.

I do this all the time these days. It's not perfect but it's an effective first line of defense strategy.

JoshuaMichael
26-01-19, 15:33
Yes, I'm back. I had to come back; things are seriously developing symptom-wise, and, on top of everything else, I'm interested if anyone changes their mind in telling me it's not MS.

-Can't remember if I mentioned, but the strange, 3-second buzzing, that would happen once every 3 seconds (the exact same sensation I've been describing in my fingers, began happening on the back if my right ankle. It kept on happening for a few days, for the first week of January

-The thumb tip situation is still happening, which makes it 3 weeks today since that started. It tingles, and tingles especially every time I stretch my thumb out/open my hand fully. Still there

-As of Wednesday 23rd January, the 3 second buzzing re-located. It's now happening just to the left of my left knee. The exact same sensation that has consumed most of my fingers for days and weeks, now infests on my left leg. Every 3 seconds, a 3 second buzz. The exact same sensation, I will remind you, has happened in many many body parts now, where it will stay, in the exact same spot, for days or weeks. In the left thumb we may hit a month.

-As of this morning, a very small area on my left heel began to prickle, much like a pins and needs type feeling. I can report that, 5 hours later, it still linger on my left heel. It's still there, slightly prickling/burning and stabbing.

Remember folks - this buzzing stays in the exact same spot that it starts, for days, or weeks. That's flipping nerve damage from MS. I'm interested if anyone's mind flips on this situation. I am still trying to get a GP appointment as....

The results of my blood test ruled out everything...

Sincerely
Josh

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

ErinKC
26-01-19, 16:15

-----[/SIZE]

That sounds like the answer. You don't have MS and even if you did, you'd get on medication for it and learn to manage it. Not to minimize what it would be like to live with a chronic degenerative disease, but life expectancy for people with MS is now very close to average life expectancy of the general public.

For what it's worth, I get buzzing on the top of my foot that lasts for weeks at a time, then stops out of nowhere and comes back again months later. If you read about buzzing you'll find that it can be brought on by stress. Also, as I'm typing this since I'm thinking about my buzzing foot, I can feel it happening. The mind is very powerful.

JoshuaMichael
26-01-19, 18:44
Look that area on my leg just randomly fizzes. not good. the thumb thing. everything is off

jray23
26-01-19, 19:00
https://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms/buzzing-feet-hands-toes-fingers.shtml

JoshuaMichael
26-01-19, 19:02
anyone else please respond.

ankietyjoe
26-01-19, 19:04
anyone else please respond.

To what?

You're fine, let it go. Go out and find a girl/boy...whatever floats your boat. Get drunk underage and SWEAR to never do it again.

Anything to take your mind off the problem you think you have, but actually don't.

pulisa
26-01-19, 19:26
No one is interested in enabling your HA behaviours, Josh.

Carys
26-01-19, 19:38
Good link jray!

Have you read it Josh ?

I think you ought to, seeing as.....

JoshuaMichael
26-01-19, 19:49
Good link jray!

Have you read it Josh ?

I think you ought to, seeing as.....

OMG no... a blood test can't rule out MS, it rules out any other possible cause.. so it's actually MORE LIKELY to me MS...

Scass
26-01-19, 19:56
If only you could put half as much time trying to deal with your anxious thoughts as you do cataloguing your symptoms.

You don’t have anything physically wrong with you. The blood test proves this, that’s brilliant news! Keep on saying it and let it sink in.

pulisa
26-01-19, 20:05
OMG no... a blood test can't rule out MS, it rules out any other possible cause.. so it's actually MORE LIKELY to me MS...

Which neurologist told you this?

JoshuaMichael
26-01-19, 21:36
Right slight emergency

The pins and needles feeling on that small part of my left heel IS BACK! maybe the most indicative MS symptom to date. Very uncomfortable, started this morning, went away at like 3pm. Back since 8pm. Like a stabbing, pins feeling. In the heeL!

anyone please.... what the hell

AMomentofClarity
26-01-19, 21:46
What reaction/response are you looking for here?

Tell me and I’ll give it to you....

Carys
26-01-19, 21:52

...but.....your doctor says you don't have MS, right?

ErinKC
26-01-19, 22:29
All the things you're describing are anxiety symptoms. Here are some examples of what I've had that you're describing as "classic MS".

1. Buzzing in my foot
2. Numb patch on my back
3. Tingling lips and tongue
4. Numb toes
5. Tingling in calves
6. Sensation of cold water pouring down my leg
7. Warm and cold sensations over different parts of my body

And, what I'm wondering is this: What if you have MS? What will happen then? What are you afraid of specifically? My mom always told me any time I said "What if..." I should follow it up with, "So what..." and then think of what would happen in the event whatever I was what if-ing happened.

textsfromthemoon
27-01-19, 02:15
What reaction/response are you looking for here?

Tell me and I’ll give it to you....

Honestly, I think he's looking for us all to make a gigantic 180 and tell him he DOES, in fact, have MS, which isn't going to happen.

Joshua you need to understand this is an anxiety board, we all post here because we have or have experience with (either through education, family or friends etc) anxiety. We are not doctors or neurologists, most of, or the vast majority of us are not able to counsel you on the matters of MS.

However what we can do is tell you about how your symptoms can be related to anxiety which is what we are trying to do, we've all been through this with you before, so many of us (myself included) have experienced tingling, numbness, pins and needles etc. I've had tingling in the left side of my face that went on for months at a time at one point until I finally let myself accept it was anxiety, now I don't have the feeling constantly but do still experience it when I'm anxious

Regardless of what is going on, you need to work on alleviating your anxiety symptoms and find what coping methods work for you that aren't reassurance seeking or trying to shoehorn us into saying you have MS.

jray23
27-01-19, 18:04
My mom always told me any time I said "What if..." I should follow it up with, "So what..." and then think of what would happen in the event whatever I was what if-ing happened.

My therapist has proposed that question to me in the past as well. Excellent advice for all kinds of life situations!

Carys
27-01-19, 18:46
textsfromthemoon - great post!

...and some good advice from jray there too Josh. :)

JoshuaMichael
27-01-19, 19:01
Ok, looks like no-one is taking that 180 turn.

I didn't mention I did wake in the night a few days ago with a completley numb hand, like, elephant skin feel. However, I looked at my hand and you could visibly see a big red area where I had been sleeping on it half the night, including my arm. But.. you never know.

Woke up this morning with fizzing in the back of my head
tingling in left cheek today (new!)

Any 180's?

ErinKC
27-01-19, 19:10
Any 180's?

No one is going to decide you have MS (1) because no one here is a neurologist and (2) because everything you're describing is text book anxiety.

I truly am sorry you're having such a hard time pushing through this anxiety, but I recommend you do see someone about that rather than your physical symptoms. I guarantee your symptoms will go away when your anxiety does.

JoshuaMichael
27-01-19, 19:23
My short term cognitive issues also made me forget to tell you about "shuddering breathe". Look it up. I've been getting it. Major giveaway symptom. I will not stop the investigation until I have an MRI of my brain and spine in my hand. Likely will coincide with GCSE exams but I need these results just as much as those.

Carys
27-01-19, 19:24
What has your GP said, on visits you've made ?

AMomentofClarity
27-01-19, 19:29
My short term cognitive issues also made me forget to tell you about "shuddering breathe". Look it up. I've been getting it. Major giveaway symptom. I will not stop the investigation until I have an MRI of my brain and spine in my hand. Likely will coincide with GCSE exams but I need these results just as much as those.

Let’s say someone here agreed with you. And said “Yeah Josh, sounds a lot like MS. I think you’re f***ed bud.”

Will that make you feel better? Will you rest easier tonight because someone on No More Panic thinks you have MS?

ankietyjoe
27-01-19, 21:11
Let’s say someone here agreed with you. And said “Yeah Josh, sounds a lot like MS. I think you’re f***ed bud.”

Will that make you feel better? Will you rest easier tonight because someone on No More Panic thinks you have MS?

Worth a try right? Nothing else has worked :shrug:

JoshuaMichael
30-01-19, 20:24
I had to come back and update, because yet again, today has been filled with that same tingling/fizzing/crawling sensation in several places.

New location: Left big toe. Same sensation, but there
Continues: Just around that under-the-knee area, left leg
Continues: In left index and left middle finger, when it happened very strongly last night
Continues: Lip area, where it was felt a few times today.

Also, burning in some places, and continued cognitive deficit. Notice also the way the left side is primarily affected.

I will note, I had my first CBT on Monday. This will happen over the next 6 weeks. I have failed to get a GP appointment because of the high demand in my area. But wow, new locations becoming involved. Even an area that I don't wish to speak of, I'm sure you can guess, was involved yesterday. Toe issue began this morning, and I assume it will locate there for a few weeks, like the on-going under the knee location.

AMomentofClarity
30-01-19, 20:33
I will note, I had my first CBT on Monday.

Excellent! Well done.

How was it? Did you discuss any coping mechanisms or thought challenging techniques?

Mindsight
30-01-19, 20:40
Josh...

My man at 15 i started having panic attacks to the point i thought i wouldnt make 30... seak fun seak life so what if you have ms ppl have late stage cancer on air waiting for there last breath grab life do something amazing and go travel see the world. Get a 5 year plan as to what you will do when u leave school and go do it. You have your whole life to be worried but get some life experiances and enjoy what ever you do anxiety stress panic all arrives from doing daily tasks but not enjoying life

Sorry for my woffle but do not waste youre youth grab it with both hands and get envolved

I have anxiety but i have no fear of death nor desease my fear is spreading or giving anything to my family and it

JoshuaMichael
09-02-19, 19:46
And once again I come crawling back, because once again, another development.

So, the phone vibrating sensation located itself just under the middle of my nose of 7th February, whilst the tingling sensation, which has been located under the left big toe, continued. On 7th February also, burning has been felt in short bursts in just about every place you can imagine. This continues today. The pattern has been completely now identified now - the buzzing or tingling locates itself in one spot, and it stay there whenever it happens, for weeks.

Today, the 9th, the same buzzing at the tip of my left thumb, that lasted for 3 weeks and concluded not long ago, has returned. It is buzzing now, as I type, also my right hand just burned. Wow. So, along with this, if you are looking to make an accurate speculation, I hope you've read this too:

In October/November 2018, things intensified as I noticed a throbbing tingling sensation, quite strongly, in my thumb. It would be 1 second of buzzing, then 3 seconds of nothing, then buzzing again. It would be like this for a week in the left thumb. Then, the index finger did the same, then the little finger. During October and November I experienced very odd vibrations too, in the back of my head, like buzzing bees inside the skin, which would happen for a few seconds at a time every now and then, in the same spot, for days. This vibrating has happened under my left ear and under my lip, where it has been happening today. This vibrating in the back of my head has also been happening over this holiday period.During December, more continued symptoms, like waking up with buzzing in my chin for a day. Throbbing buzzing in the left fingers, and a strange, cold, stinging like sensation that has been happening about once a day around the right side of my head. For a week in November, my vision was really off for a good week, I convinced myself it was dry eyes, but now I suspect it's MS. The last 3 months have also seen gradually worsening cognition, mainly short term memory.

And now, the last 2 weeks have seen incredible turn for the worst. Indeed, the Christmas holidays,or any time off school, cause the peak of my anxiety, but I believe that to be unrelated.Constant fatigue despite adequate sleep. A couple episodes of vertigo lasting a few seconds. Just the other day, a wet sensation on my thigh that made it feel off, and the same in the heel of my foot last night, combined with an odd buzzing under my lip right now. The last week over Christmas, a strange head ache, but of a different sort, where there is a strange 2 second pain in the same place of the right side of my head, many times an hour. This is yet to subside. Other sensory changes have been noted. I am incredibly depressed and anxious right now. More than maybe ever before. For a good 5 days over Christmas, I had tingling all over my left hand which didn't stop. I have a blood test on January 11th to begin the diagnostic process. I wonder what the people who told me not to worry will be thinking now?
- this only goes up to Jan 11th, I've seen so much more since then - new locations of weeks of buzzing have been in the angle, under the knee - severe head pains continue. I've posted about this throughout the month.

I've also noticed janky/brief movements, and the cognitive decline if accelerating.

The evidence is there, and I will fight for a neurologist referral this week, for an MS diagnosis! Edit, it's actually the left thumb and index finger that's got crawling tingling sensation right now, as well as left toe.

nomorepanic
09-02-19, 19:48
Good luck with that one.

Fishmanpa
09-02-19, 20:26
MS Concern now Severely Impacting Life

Thread title understatement of the year! :notworthy:

Positive thoughts

Midnight-mouse
09-02-19, 20:37
Honestly with the duration of the time that this has been going on for, it makes it even more likely that it’s anxiety. I’ve personally experienced all of these ‘symptoms’ you describe and some on top of it. Yes, lasting days, weeks and months and some that have stayed with me over the years too. I definitely do not have MS or any other condition other than my mental illnesses.

BlueIris
09-02-19, 20:39
Joshua, I think you're focusing way too much on cataloguing your symptoms. Maybe at least try to find something more fun to do?

pulisa
09-02-19, 20:53
Joshua, I think you're focusing way too much on cataloguing your symptoms. Maybe at least try to find something more fun to do?

Like focussing on your political aspirations..?

JoshuaMichael
09-02-19, 21:36
I would love to.

But right now I believe I'm having an MS "flare up", as they call it. A new lesion on the brain or spine is likely taking place as the small area under my big toe and my thumb and finger continue to feel crawly and prickly, and as painful burning keeps happening in many areas. Makes sense. It's not just a tingly sensation - the affected areas feel different, like foreign objects to my body, touching my skin etc.

Midnight-mouse
09-02-19, 21:53
I would love to.

But right now I believe I'm having an MS "flare up", as they call it. A new lesion on the brain or spine is likely taking place as the small area under my big toe and my thumb and finger continue to feel crawly and prickly, and as painful burning keeps happening in many areas. Makes sense. It's not just a tingly sensation - the affected areas feel different, like foreign objects to my body, touching my skin etc.

They will ‘feel’ different if your focused on them. I’ve even had an experience where it felt like my hands weren’t my own because I was focusing on them. Don’t discredit the power of the mind, Joshua - especially if the doctors are not concerned.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

JoshuaMichael
10-02-19, 22:13
Good Evening.

I can report that I am cancelling CBT, and will be seeing the doctor this week for a neurologist referral... why?

Because as well as the continuation of tingling in the thumb and toe all day, with burning...

I have noticed numbness in my stomach/torso area.

Today, the line was crossed. The question has been answered without the diagnosis. And by the way, these symptoms are not there because I'm "focusing on them". They are quite severe and are impossible to ignore.

Good night.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

They will ‘feel’ different if your focused on them. I’ve even had an experience where it felt like my hands weren’t my own because I was focusing on them. Don’t discredit the power of the mind, Joshua - especially if the doctors are not concerned.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

This message had angered me and is the exact reason I'm seeing the doc. The symptoms are real and strong. The last time I saw the doc was a long time ago and was only informed in October when it was simply fingertip tingling.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

same area on thumb is fizzing like it has been for days. worsens upon stretching the thumb.

suemarieee
10-02-19, 22:33
Not sure why you are coming on here getting angry at everyone trying to help you!

Fishmanpa
10-02-19, 22:36
Dang! Your dragon is a real SOB isn't he?!

Besides the obvious HA pattern and the fact you're posting on an anxiety website, your age (16 right?) and these stats... (Thank you Google. See, you can use it for something positive!)

There are 7,714,576,923 people in the world. MS affects around .03% of the world's population and less than 10% of all MS cases are considered juvenile. That's around a .003% chance of that happening. And again, your age, HA pattern and being here add up to...

The "Told Ya So Gang" will be on standby :winks:

Positive thoughts

(And don't reply with a "I hope you're right" :shades:)

nomorepanic
10-02-19, 22:42
If you don't want to treat the anxiety by cancelling CBT then that is your right to do so but what happens when this is down to anxiety and you cut off that lifeline.

I am not really sure we can help you now - you should be on a MS website not an anxiety one as clearly it is NOT anxiety as you keep telling us.

Report back once you have a DEFINITE diagnosis.

jray23
10-02-19, 23:19
Sigh. Physical symptoms from anxiety ARE REAL. You refuse to accept that.

BlueIris
11-02-19, 07:02
This message had angered me and is the exact reason I'm seeing the doc.

Joshua, I'm guessing you probably feel as though people aren't listening to you right now.

What I'm not sure you realise is that you're not listening to them, either. You write well for somebody your age, but there are people here with a lot more experience than you - experience of life in general, and more specifically experience of anxiety and the weird and not-so-wonderful things it can make you feel. It's a horrible disease, but, crucially, it's one that turns your body into an unreliable witness about what's going on.

I've learned that the absolute smartest thing I can do when I'm on a health anxiety jag is seek advice from people who, unlike me, aren't half-crazed from fear. Not people on the internet, people I know and whose opinion matters to me, to the point where I'm not likely to feel threatened and hostile if they suggest I'm not in my right mind. After thirty-odd years of living with this, I can freely admit that I can't trust myself when I'm panicked.

The chances of you having MS are as close to zero as makes no odds. However, given your attitude towards the users on here, if it turns out your symptoms are caused by something else, I won't feel guilty for having said this. I'll feel bad for you and what you're suffering - I do now, although you don't make it particularly easy - but I won't feel guilty. Nobody here has said or done anything worthy of your anger.

Stopping your CBT sessions is arguably the worst thing you could do right now, but honestly? If you're not prepared to engage or consider any viewpoint other than your current one, it's not going to be helping much in any case.

textsfromthemoon
11-02-19, 08:08
Sigh. Physical symptoms from anxiety ARE REAL. You refuse to accept that.

This is a really important distinction that I think may be getting lost in the shuffle of these messages. Joshua, I feel like you're upset that we're discounting your symptoms but I think its important to understand we are not discounting your symptoms at all. If it helps, I believe you that you're experiencing this tingling and numbness and that its occurring the way you say it does, nobody is trying to tell you that it isn't.

But what we ARE trying to tell you is that just because you have these symptoms and they feel what the internet tells you MS is supposed to feel like it does NOT mean that you have MS. Trust me as someone who has had rabies HA I can understand that the symptoms feel real, that they are matching up with the symptoms you see online and thats a scary thing, but as I sit here typing this I can tell you with confidence that I do not have rabies despite during the darkest moments of my anxiety I did experience symptoms that matched up with symptoms of rabies. So please, take it from someone who has been there, I KNOW that its frustrating, but we're not trying to discredit or invalidate you, just show you that there are other possibilities worth considering rather than shutting us down.

Midnight-mouse
11-02-19, 08:48
Today, the line was crossed. The question has been answered without the diagnosis. And by the way, these symptoms are not there because I'm "focusing on them". They are quite severe and are impossible to ignore.

This message had angered me and is the exact reason I'm seeing the doc. The symptoms are real and strong. The last time I saw the doc was a long time ago and was only informed in October when it was simply fingertip tingling.

Getting angry at me certainly won’t help things in the long run, but it’s okay. I’ve done this myself to people that are around me and guess what they were always right, but I was far too wound up in my own head to be able to hear them or even consider that it might be the truth.

I’m not for a second saying what you feel isn’t real, trust me I know it is. It’s a real feeling, the cause is real too... if you feel you need to investigate further with your doctor then carry right on. I would just like to point out that mental illnesses are real and create very real feelings.

It can be so frustrating when we are certain there is something else wrong, I know I have snapped at my partner more than once stating ‘just because I have anxiety doesn’t mean that everything is because of that!’ - it was of course, I’ve since learnt to identify it and have been in the position where I’ve had to apologise for my actions and attitude, our conditions don’t give us an excuse to act out, especially to those close to us or trying to help, sometimes it happens and I have to be humble and admit my wrong doing, thankfully my partner is very kind and forgiving.

I will leave this thread be as if you’re going to be hostile towards me we won’t get anywhere. I’ve been where you are, I know how it feels and I hope that you are able to find your way through it.

Positive vibes always,

Mouse.

Carys
11-02-19, 10:12
Thats very generous and empathetic of you Midnight-mouse. I still don't think you deserve anger. The fact is that Joshua is constantly trying to get people on here to say 'it is definitely that you have MS, you are right'; missing the point that we aren't medical, don't know him and aren't doctors! This is a mental health site. Stating the obvious I know.

JoshuaMichael
19-02-19, 19:32
I'm back. So the last week wasn't so bad at all. Had my CBT yesterday.

Also last week, I went back to my GP. I can announce that I am taking the private healthcare route, and I am seeing a neurologist on Friday, and hopefully a scan, and an answer, much sooner than we think. It's the only way. My exams start in 3 months and my study is suffering because I'm confident of MS.

The reason I'm back though, is because of this:
Symptoms of MS, except for burning which has been happening, had been relatively settled for the whole week, until this morning. I already woke up feeling really depressed, for no reason at all, after a relatively good 5 days or so. (That's a symptom in itself). And then, this morning...it's BACK. felt a buzzing, 3 second long sensation in left index finger. Kept happening. Went away. This afternoon, the same sensation in middle finger - left hand again. My main question and claim to you all is this:

It's always the left side. Look at all my symptoms in various posts. Left side of body almost 100% of the time. If this really was an anxiety issue, then why on Earth did symptoms return this morning when I was actually feeling PRETTY GOOD!. I was not anxious today! Symptoms had gone for 5 days! It's the same pattern, and a pattern that happens with MS symptoms. So we have:

-They go and then they return for no reason (MS!)
-LEFT SIDE ONLY (MS)

What are your thoughts?

-Sincerely
Josh

Carys
19-02-19, 19:47
My thoughts are that nothing we can say will be of any benefit to you at this point Josh. Nobody here can say if you do or don't have MS. You are seeing the neurologist this Friday, and any tests they think you need will be done (as you've stated). After Friday, if you have MS then you will have to learn to live with it/around it, or if its down to anxiety - then take the necessary routes to dealing with that.

Maybe you woke up feeling depressed as you had your CBT yesterday? That can be hard work!

KK77
19-02-19, 19:51
I can announce that I am taking the private healthcare route, and I am seeing a neurologist on Friday, and hopefully a scan, and an answer, much sooner than we think.

The Told You So gang will be ready to oblige :shades:

pulisa
19-02-19, 19:53
Couldn't have put it better myself. I'm sure the private neurologist will give you as many tests as you want regardless of clinical need.

BlueIris
19-02-19, 19:55
I do feel sorry for Joshua's parents, though, I'm sure that won't come cheap.

JoshuaMichael
19-02-19, 20:28
Well I think this is money well spent.

I have literally just read the MS wikipedia page properly and found the "very pronounced reflexes", which is exactly what's been happening.

Furthermore, I have woken up literally in the middle of the night for the past 4 nights in a row with a pins and needs in one hand, and I'm not too worried because I think it's because I keep sleeping on it, but you never know.

Cognitive issues have been very present.

I am very nervous now that I'm much closer to a diagnosis than originally thought.

pulisa
19-02-19, 20:51
As you will be aware, it's very easy to make a private appointment if you are prepared to pay.

JoshuaMichael
19-02-19, 21:31
Feeling incredibly nervous, as reflexes have been very pronounced.

Friday, 22nd February, 2019... a very big day.

BlueIris
19-02-19, 21:44
How do you think you'll feel if it turns out to be something more mundane, or even nothing at all?

JoshuaMichael
19-02-19, 21:49
Sorry BlueIris, but this is totally impossible. It is MS. But don't worry I'll be back here straight after the appointment to update. It's at 8:30AM too so not very long left to go.

Carys
19-02-19, 21:50
It is MS.

Is this what your parents and GP are also feeling ?

As you (and I) are aware, MS is diagnosed in people at your age - but if you are having to pay privately for all the tests and consultation, I would guess your GP won't refer for it on NHS ?

nomorepanic
19-02-19, 21:51
Can we have a bet on it being NOT MS then?

jray23
19-02-19, 22:18
I'll throw you a reassurance bone here to your specific questions.

1). Being calm for just a few days doesn't squelch long-term anxiety symptoms. It's a fire that takes a long time to burn out. You can definitely feel physical flareups when seemingly being at peace. Very common. It takes time.

2). Sensations all on one side are not always a sign of something serious. I have had various tinglings, cramps, sensations, even a few trembles and twitches all on my left side. I do not have MS or stroke (I've been scanned!). Best case it's still an anxiety thing, "worst" case and more likely it's due to my migraine variant condition (although that's exacerbated by anxiety too). No doctor or specialist is remotely concerned about serious effects to my health.

BlueIris
20-02-19, 04:53
Sorry BlueIris, but this is totally impossible. It is MS. But don't worry I'll be back here straight after the appointment to update. It's at 8:30AM too so not very long left to go.

Y'know, it sounds as though the most important thing to you is proving us wrong. I know you're under a lot of stress (and that anxiety can turn decent people into jerks), but I honestly don't get your hostility towards people who are taking time out from their own battles to try and offer reassurance.

Hope all goes well tomorrow and that you find the answers you're seeking, whatever they are.

pulisa
20-02-19, 08:07
It's important to be able to tolerate others having a different opinion to you, Joshua. I suspect that this is difficult for you.

Carys
20-02-19, 08:25
Yes, it is difficult, hence the deleted threads when Josh didn't like what he heard on them. You have a lot to learn Josh about how to respond to people and LISTEN to people (emotional intelligence), if you want to go into politics. You can't delete and stamp on other peoples' opinions there. (well, many try to lol)

We are anonymous people on an anxiety forum, not an MS forum. We aren't medics. 'Proving people wrong' is a feeling I get too; which I suspect is tied into the fact that people with anxiety and depression about physical symptoms don't think they are being believed. They do everything in their power to convince and prove they have a condition. You know what, I have MS in my family (which fortunately hasn't come out in my generation), but two direct family members had it their whole lives. One was diagnosed young - so I know its possible ,however I hope for your sake you 'just' have anxiety, despite for many that being more debilitating than MS!

Is this what your parents and GP are also feeling ?

I ask this question again, and I've asked it on this thread before with no reply. I strongly suspect that the lack of reply means that neither your GP or family think you have MS, hence you are fighting against them and US all the harder.

utrocket09
20-02-19, 11:10
Well I think this is money well spent.

I have literally just read the MS wikipedia page properly and found the "very pronounced reflexes", which is exactly what's been happening.

Furthermore, I have woken up literally in the middle of the night for the past 4 nights in a row with a pins and needs in one hand, and I'm not too worried because I think it's because I keep sleeping on it, but you never know.

Cognitive issues have been very present.

I am very nervous now that I'm much closer to a diagnosis than originally thought.

Yes because wikipedia is a trusted source of medical information. What are you going to do once you find it is not MS?

A good friend of mine has has MS for 15 years. She had none of these symptoms you dug up on wikipedia.

Fishmanpa
20-02-19, 12:15
It is MS.

And you were convinced you had an STD as a 15 year old virgin so.... :whistles:

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
20-02-19, 14:50
Prediction:

Josh pays large money for tests, gets cleared, comes back here to say doctors and tests are wrong.

BlueIris
20-02-19, 14:57
Or fails to come back until the next implausible health scare.

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-19, 02:46
Prediction:

Josh pays large money for tests, gets cleared, comes back here to say doctors and tests are wrong.

Which is a damn shame considering he's in the UK where we have a much smaller private industry.

I won't judge his parents for it because they may not understand how mental issues work and may think it will relieve issues they just can't seem to do for him. I will judge the doctors though who know they are charging for something that just isn't needed and brings their ethics into question. But then we have to look no further than the plastic surgery business to know there isn't much they won't do to mess people up. You have a fast growing alien population forming known as Hollywood and we are following you. :winks:

I often wonder whether they work out how many HAers it takes a month to pay for a new Merchttp://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/money/t3903.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-money.php) :whistles:

pulisa
21-02-19, 08:25
It's very hard when your child is hellbent on getting a diagnosis at whatever cost though. They will have to deal with the repercussions of denying Joshua the chance to present his case to the private neurologist and he will present it thoroughly and meticulously because to him there is no other explanation for his symptoms and there is no way that he could possibly be wrong because he is unable to tolerate or comprehend another opinion at this stage.

It'll be expensive and time consuming but let's just hope that the neurologist is decent and sticks to tests based on clinical need. Not all consultants in the private sector are greedy for cash because they are wealthy enough anyway.

gailveronica
21-02-19, 17:23
This is tough because I also have MS-type symptoms and have had them for years. 5 years ago during a vertigo bout, white matter lesions showed on my brain MRI. Yesterday, during my left-sided numbness bout, white matter lesions showed on my brain MRI. "MS can't be ruled out," is what the radiologist wrote. However, this could also be due to a number of other things (differential diagnoses):

Migraine Syndrome
Vitamin B12 deficiency
Anxiety

It's tough when you are so convinced you have something, but tests say otherwise. I understand that fear. But there are others with similar fears (like me) and the tests are leaning toward an MS diagnosis. Even if it is MS, it's not the end of the world. But, Josh, I think you're going to be okay. It's a tough thing to miss.

utrocket09
22-02-19, 15:25
Awaiting the answer on OP's appointment....

BlueIris
22-02-19, 15:30
Pretty sure he'd have been back to prove us wrong if he'd got what he was looking for.

utrocket09
22-02-19, 18:27
Pretty sure he'd have been back to prove us wrong if he'd got what he was looking for.
Chances are he is fine....

KK77
22-02-19, 18:31
Told You So Gang Status: On high alert

Carys
23-02-19, 09:22
Told You So Gang Status: On high alert

Please don't take this as a personally offensive comment KK77 as I mean this very respectfully and am opening a discussion about this as it is common here to see this phrase....

I've not mentioned this before, but the 'told you so' gang has always somewhat bothered me. I think it makes people feel reticent to come back as they feel a bit humiliated by it, as nobody likes being slightly mocked. I know its important for people to understand that they were wrong in their thought processes, but a whole group of people saying 'nah nah nah nah nah, I was right, and you were wrong', I suspect, can cause some people to close down communication and sharing their thoughts, perhaps it feels alienating. Another thing that worries me greatly (and this is a general comment not just about this particular thread) is that we always say we aren't medics, we don't know people posting or individual cases, so therefore we can't be 100 percent certain that somebody doesn't have a background medical condition. We can be almost sure based on their posting style as, goodness knows, we've seen it soooo many times :winks: but we aren't medics. We tell people to trust their doctors, and need to remember that sometimes not everything can be attributed to anxiety. Anxious people do have medical conditions and do get diagnosed with things. I'm not saying it is relevant in this case, but I guess I'm saying that we should use 'told you so' with caution.

BlueIris
23-02-19, 09:42
Carys, I could be wrong, but I never really interpreted it that way? It always felt to me that people who used that phrase were expressing their happiness at there being no serious problem.

Carys
23-02-19, 09:43
Fair enough, an alternative viewpoint.....maybe I am just basing it on people around me who have used it in a more designed to belittle.

pulisa
23-02-19, 13:46
Personally I'd hate it said to me but I suppose there are 2 ways of interpreting the comment.

KK77
23-02-19, 13:55
This phrase is certainly not used to "belittle" and in fact there is only one other member who occasionally uses it.

Also, I'm very careful where I post it. I could use it on nearly every HA post but that would be taking the piss.

Joshua closed down "communication" and interaction on this thread some time ago now, and the fact that he stopped listening and started using this thread as more of a personal blog is why I also stopped posting. I doubt whether my post re TYS Gang will affect whether he updates this thread one way or the other tbh.

No offence taken, Carys. We interpret things in different ways. Life would be so boring otherwise :shades:

Fishmanpa
23-02-19, 13:55
I'll chime in on the "Told Ya So Gang" as I'm the one who started it. It began due to one particular member who was so hell bent on having a particular illness(among many) that, after dozens of pages of reassurance actually said, "you'll be sorry when I come back and say I was right!". Of course, it wasn't the case and this member followed the same patterns we constantly see on the boards. No update and another fear and multi-page thread. I posted the first "Told ya so" on that particular thread to drive home that point that indeed, anxiety/mental illness was the cause of the physical symptoms as had been reiterated ad nauseum throughout the thread and again to urge the member to get professional help. After years of serial posting (and frankly, the replies were not unlike those on similar marathon type threads that attract so much attention), that member finally did seek real life help and they've been virtually absent from the boards.

No we're not medical professionals but we certainly know what the dragon looks and sounds like ;) The dragon deserves a good reality check occasionally.

Positive thoughts

KK77
23-02-19, 14:13
I'll chime in on the "Told Ya So Gang" as I'm the one who started it. It began due to one particular member who was so hell bent on having a particular illness(among many) that, after dozens of pages of reassurance actually said, "you'll be sorry when I come back and say I was right!". Of course, it wasn't the case and this member followed the same patterns we constantly see on the boards. No update and another fear and multi-page thread. I posted the first "Told ya so" on that particular thread to drive home that point that indeed, anxiety/mental illness was the cause of the physical symptoms as had been reiterated ad nauseum throughout the thread and again to urge the member to get professional help. After years of serial posting (and frankly, the replies were not unlike those on similar marathon type threads that attract so much attention), that member finally did seek real life help and they've been virtually absent from the boards.

No we're not medical professionals but we certainly know what the dragon looks and sounds like ;) The dragon deserves a good reality check occasionally.

Positive thoughts
Stop posting at the same time as me, Fish! :lac:

Carys
23-02-19, 15:47
The dragon deserves a good reality check occasionally.

I would agree, but think it should wait until at least after the update. (if there is one)

I doubt whether my post re TYS Gang will affect whether he updates this thread one way or the other tbh.

I suspect in this instance you are right.

Carys
24-02-19, 06:58
But don't worry I'll be back here straight after the appointment to update.

Hey, remember this Josh? So, shall we just presume that you were told not MS?

KK77
24-02-19, 12:09
Hey, remember this Josh? So, shall we just presume that you were told not MS?

It's disappointing he hasn't been back to update us, but I do think he will at some point return. Hopefully not with another HA "illness".

nomorepanic
29-03-19, 23:58
So no update - all this help and now nothing. Makes you wonder why we bother trying to help sometimes :wacko:

ankietyjoe
30-03-19, 00:01
So no update - all this help and now nothing. Makes you wonder why we bother trying to help sometimes :wacko:

Because even if it helps one person out of ten, it's worth it. The ones it doesn't help aren't going to get any worse by our efforts either.

jray23
30-03-19, 01:39
It helps people who are lurking and just reading. It did for me.

Carys
30-03-19, 09:30
So no update - all this help and now nothing. Makes you wonder why we bother trying to help sometimes

I SO associate with this feeling, you feel totally 'used'. Although I understand ankietyJoe's statement (and in essence agree with it) I just wish we knew in advance those who are worth engaging with and those who aren't. I think that it speaks volumes about the OP and their attitude to other people, a LOT of growing up to do to become more emotionally intelligent.

ankietyjoe
30-03-19, 09:52
Everybody who needs help is worth engaging with imo. I don't come here for reward or appreciation. I come here because when I was literally terrified I was dying, some people helped me see more clearly. I just want to pass that good will on. When you are terrified, you probably will just take, that's fine.

Helping other people is it's own reward tbh.

Carys
30-03-19, 10:46
I like your attitude ankietyjoe, but it becomes draining and tiring giving help, time after time, with nothing ever given back, not a thanks or anything. Maybe I am just more 'human' in my flaws, but common courtesy and respect for others is something that I think has a place in all personal interactions (no matter how scared/terrified you are/were).

ankietyjoe
30-03-19, 11:38
It's a little frustrating I agree, but I think some people are so caught up in the 'flight' that it doesn't occur to them at all. It's not a character flaw really, it's just the nature of why we're all here.

Fishmanpa
30-03-19, 11:49
I like your attitude ankietyjoe, but it becomes draining and tiring giving help, time after time, with nothing ever given back, not a thanks or anything. Maybe I am just more 'human' in my flaws, but common courtesy and respect for others is something that I think has a place in all personal interactions (no matter how scared/terrified you are/were).

This has been discussed many times. Personally, I agree but I believe its a combination of the extreme self absorbent nature of HA and the medium of an internet forum. I think you'd get a response in real life. The OP is 16 and I believe its safe to assume all is well and its not MS. Keep in mind he had a thread about STDs and stated he's a virgin so....

Positive thoughts

KK77
30-03-19, 13:29

Doesn't surprise or shock me, Nic. However, it would have been helpful to others reading this thread to have known the 'outcome'. Sadly, we didn't need 24 pages of repeating ourselves to have helped others in the same situation as Joshua. 5-6 pages would have sufficed. But he kept coming back more and more "convinced" and insistent he had MS. Moreover, towards the end he wasn't interacting at all - only documenting symptoms and repeating his self-diagnosis until he finally decided to seek a "professional opinion". Then he conveniently vanished.
Perhaps Joshua will indeed make a fine politician one day :lac:

pulisa
30-03-19, 19:35
He's got all the "qualities"!

ankietyjoe
31-03-19, 09:53
I really don't see the value in critisising the OP for not being grateful enough.

Whether he/she was being irrational or not (which they clearly were), they were also clearly terrified. We've all been there. On my worst days it was all I could do to log in and check responses. Interacting with people, even online, left me feeling more anxious and mentally exhausted.

Helping altruistically is always the way to go in my opinion. I hope the OP has found some kind of peace.

BrightPhoenix
01-04-19, 20:52
I really don't see the value in critisising the OP for not being grateful enough.

Whether he/she was being irrational or not (which they clearly were), they were also clearly terrified. We've all been there. On my worst days it was all I could do to log in and check responses. Interacting with people, even online, left me feeling more anxious and mentally exhausted.

Helping altruistically is always the way to go in my opinion. I hope the OP has found some kind of peace.

I think it's the burnout some folks get. It's just a human side effect of having to constantly help and help and not getting any thanks. Ever seen service/retail workers? They go through something like this. I think if you notice it as a pattern of behavior then you shouldn't take it too personally - it's frustrating, I know, but this place has been here for years, so if you're a veteran that lack of followup can get to you.

I made it a point to try to followup threads, even months old ones because I realized it gives reassurance to those who are suffering the same symptoms so when they inevitably Google it, they come here and see many people who were in the same boat.

I hate to pull up an old thread but I'm actually suffering major MS fears myself (nerve pains all over the place, weird facial numbness and vision that goes from ok to good and back, etc.) and I can understand this kid's behavior. Take note, unlike us older folks, when you're his age you already think you got everything figured out - couple that with the irrationality that Health Anxiety gives you and you can bet it'll make you argumentative and self-obsessed. I know I act like this when I get a HA fear and I'm twice this kid's age.

This long thread is actually a good documentation for those fearing MS, you get to see the thought process of an HA sufferer who fears something that is a very common HA fear (MS, with the other being ALS) and you get to read the posts by people trying to help him out that you may be able to apply to yourself. Glad a thread like this exists and glad so many people at least tried to give him a chance.

inogerp
04-06-19, 20:37
How did it all turn out OP? I find that there are so many people on here with the same fear and I have been severely anxious of having MS going on 3 months now.

Fishmanpa
04-06-19, 21:07
How did it all turn out OP? I find that there are so many people on here with the same fear and I have been severely anxious of having MS going on 3 months now.

He hasn't logged in or posted since February so suffice it to say, its not MS.

Positive thoughts