PDA

View Full Version : Electric shock sensations in head!!

allen1989
02-01-19, 15:31
So I was diagnosed with GAD/Panic disorder about 8 months ago and have been dealing with some pretty horrendous symptoms. Another symptom which has recently started is electric shock sensations in my head! It mainly happens when I’ve woken from a deep sleep, kinda like half asleep half awake. I’ll get like this whooshing sound and an electric shock sensation in my head!! Can also happen when I move my eyes from side to side. I’m not on any anti-depressants but I am on 80mg beta blockers, recently come down from 160mg. Please tell me I’m no the only one that gets this!?

dodo
02-01-19, 15:45
Years ago when I had a bad patch I got this along with jolts and the ‘exploding head’ when falling asleep.

Graceski
02-01-19, 16:56
can this be a side effect of withdrawing from the beta blockers? when i started withdrawing from antidepressants i had really bad brain zaps. whenever i moved my eyes or turned my head or stood up i felt like i'd been electrocuted!

Carnation
02-01-19, 19:54
I had them when I had my initial breakdown and I was med free. I understood it as nerve repair. I had the jolts too. They are both harmless, although frightening and go away of their own accord.