PDA

View Full Version : Missed beats every few seconds

DivineAngle
03-01-19, 01:20
Hey Guys

Just wondered if anyone else gets missed beats every few seconds. Mine is good for a few beats then get a PVC.

I previously had a work up done last year but not in 2018/2019 yet.

Just curious if anyone else gets the same every few beats or maybe I am the oddity :ohmy:

What did you guys do to overcome them?

Cheers.

Fishmanpa
03-01-19, 01:44
If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there are several similar threads. Utilize the search function and you'll fine pages of similar threads.

Positive thoughts

DivineAngle
03-01-19, 03:11
Thanks Fishmanpa! I did a search and I know it is a common problem but feeling it every few beats is what is concerning and I could not find others with that particular feeling so I thought I would ask:)

littlemissworry.x
04-01-19, 13:25
I am going through the same thing, constant heart palps i hate them!

RadioGaGa
04-01-19, 23:32
I've answered many posts about this on here.

Having suffered from alcohol-induced atrial fibrillation in 2017, I started paying more attention to my heart. Last year I was in Glasgow, walking around the Buchanan Galleries, when I suddenly began having ectopics every other beat (more or less) for around 15-20 minutes.

I can honestly say it was the most frightening experience of my life. When my GP heard about this, she claimed she wasn't overly worried but considering my history, her face bore the hallmarks of 'concerned doctor'. After some ambulatory monitoring, it was confirmed that it was just that: ectopics. Nothing more sinister.

So yes, in answer to your question I can personally vouch that skipped beats every other beat can happen.

I must say, Atrial Fibrillation was nowhere near as bad as the ectopics!!!

Good luck