PDA

View Full Version : Bone cancer fear

Jessicasmummy
03-01-19, 11:35
So for the past few days i've been having pain down the right side of my body right leg is numb and tingly down to my foot. I had this a few months ago and attended the physio who said i was really stiff in my neck and sorted me after a few appointments. I'm no worrying because its back. I know bone cancer isn't common but i'm worrying its secondary cancer as i'm still having the problem in my right breast. My hip is acting now and again and its really hard not to focus on it. It also feels like bad wind in my hip. I hate that i'm back here again

utrocket09
03-01-19, 14:07
So for the past few days i've been having pain down the right side of my body right leg is numb and tingly down to my foot. I had this a few months ago and attended the physio who said i was really stiff in my neck and sorted me after a few appointments. I'm no worrying because its back. I know bone cancer isn't common but i'm worrying its secondary cancer as i'm still having the problem in my right breast. My hip is acting now and again and its really hard not to focus on it. It also feels like bad wind in my hip. I hate that i'm back here again

If it was bone cancer, you would not be able to walk. My aunt has blood cancer that has destroyed her bones and has ate away at them.

Midnight-mouse
03-01-19, 14:22
I would be thinking more along the lines of if you have been overworking yourself or even sleeping/sitting in the same way consistently.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katniss
03-01-19, 17:52
Is there a pattern to the pain at all? Do you get it durin ovulation or the days before your period? I have pain like this in my right hip that goes down to my foot. It usually comes around ovulation, disappears and then comes back a week before my period. It’s been happening on and off since January. They did find a tiny cyst, but that has now resolved. So I’m thinking it’s just to do with the hormones and changes in the ovaries. My right ovary has always been weird. And all women make a smal cyst every month, so this could be the cause of pain as well.

ktdid2000
03-01-19, 18:35
I came here to post a similar thread but here we all are! :D

I've been having similar pain on my right side, starting at my upper buttocks and wrapping around my hip on the outside and a little into my groin on that side. All I've read today points to some type of back issue or muscle pull. Last night I got panicked about ovarian cancer but that's super rare at my age (30s) and it just started yesterday. I think I slept funny or something but it is worrying.

I sometimes get one-sided pain around ovulation as well on that side, but I've had that for a long time starting in my teens. It goes away a few days after ovulation and came come back around my period. Never stays the whole month though. I think this recent hip thing is something different altogether.

Maybe try stretching/heat or ice/anti-inflammatories for a few days and see if that helps?

Jessicasmummy
04-01-19, 09:41
Thank you all. Its so weird the aching in my hip and my leg feels dead now and again. I've got muscle problems in my neck and shoulder could this cause pain further down. I'm going to try and stretch it over the weekend and see how it goes

ErinKC
04-01-19, 18:51
Pain that goes down to your foot with numbness sounds like classic sciatica. Neck and shoulder tightness can irritate nerves down your back, which can in turn irritate the sciatic nerve, which starts in your lower back and goes all the way down your leg to your foot. I get this pain all the time. It comes and goes depending on tons of things, including my cycle and if I'm pooping regularly (if I'm more bloated there is more pressure on the nerve in my back). Standing too long, sitting too long, doing house work, etc... anything can aggravate it. The fact that physical therapy helped proves it's muscle/nerve related. It often feels like bending over helps stretch it, but that can make sciatica pain worse. Look up some stretches specific to that, and it should help.