PDA

View Full Version : Hard lump after kick to side of shin

MrLurcher
04-01-19, 13:27
Back again.

About a month ago I was kicked hard (toe poked) on the side of my shin just above the ankle playing football.

It swelled and bruised up quite badly, that lasted around 2 weeks. The swelling subsided, but now I've had a hard lump, almost on the bone which is taking ages to go down - if it is going down at all. The skin is also numb to touch on top of the lump.

I rang the docs earlier for some reassurance, but they said we better see it. Now I'm worried I've damaged the bone, nerves, or what if it's turned into bone cancer etc? I'm seeing a doc this afternoon.

I've carried on jogging and playing football in the meantime as well, worrying I've stopped the healing process, and made it worse.

Just another damn thing to add to my list.

bin tenn
04-01-19, 13:31
An injury is not going to "turn into bone cancer." I don't think that's how it works. If it's caused some sort of lasting damage, see your doc and they'll take care of it. No worries.

jojo2316
04-01-19, 13:42
Oh Mr Lurcher!
Tried those meds yet?

ErinKC
04-01-19, 18:47
Probably just some scar tissue from the hard bump. Good luck at the doctor.

Carys
04-01-19, 19:47
Things don't 'turn into cancer', thats off the wall illogical. Its scar tissue.

pulisa
04-01-19, 19:59
Back again.

About a month ago I was kicked hard (toe poked) on the side of my shin just above the ankle playing football.

It swelled and bruised up quite badly, that lasted around 2 weeks. The swelling subsided, but now I've had a hard lump, almost on the bone which is taking ages to go down - if it is going down at all. The skin is also numb to touch on top of the lump.

I rang the docs earlier for some reassurance, but they said we better see it. Now I'm worried I've damaged the bone, nerves, or what if it's turned into bone cancer etc? I'm seeing a doc this afternoon.

I've carried on jogging and playing football in the meantime as well, worrying I've stopped the healing process, and made it worse.

Just another damn thing to add to my list.

Your perceived list....You might as well get the "pitted oedema" looked at as well to avoid making another GP appointment.