PDA

View Full Version : Recurrent nausea - here we go again...

Mostu
04-01-19, 13:46
So, after a hard first nine months of 2018 I eventually found some peace in the end of September. Many of my "diseases" were disproven by tests and lack of symptoms. However, there's one thing that has been bothering me. Recurrent nausea.

I'm 23, male. In the last 4 months, I had 3 recurrent nauseas.

-First happened in August, it was a mild nausea that lasted a week, 24/7, and then went away by itself. I was scared about Pancreatic Cancer, my doc ordered abdominal ultrasound, the test was good. However still not convinced about the sensitivity of it but okay.

-The second happened in late september right after I was going through a really hard time with me anxiety (had rectal bleeding, which eventually turned out to be an internal hemorrhoid). Lasted about 2-3 days, went away.

-The third lasted from December 22 to December 25. I was sick of feeling sick so I wanted to make myself vomit, and when I put fingers into my throat, I noticed that there's a layer of mucus at the back of my throat (I have a chronic post nasal drip and I clear my throat all the time too, never was worried about that because it's probably GERD or something), so I kinda scratched the layer off and went back to sleep. When I woke up, the nausea was gone.

Now, I didn't have anymore worrisome symptoms, however I'm worried about either pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer or small bowel cancer. I've been to a gastrologist and he said that if I don't have pains or weight loss, then I'm probably fine, and if nausea comes back again then he'll prescribe me proton pump inhibitors. The anxiety is killing me!

Midnight-mouse
04-01-19, 16:54
Nausea is extremely common with anxiety, among a whole host of other physical symptoms (unfortunately)

As the other tests have proven to be clear I would look at other causes, is there a correlation to diet or other events that have happened near the times you have felt this way?

I experience this myself, often before I realise that I’m anxious or stressed. Most of the times it’s only for a few day but I’ve had it for weeks in the past.

Also do you often suffer with indigestion? Reflux and the like cause awful feelings in my stomach that I’m not always able to differentiate from nausea.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadioGaGa
04-01-19, 23:27
Fantastic post by midnight-mouse - very good advice

I'd like to add that, should you be feeling unable to cope with the nausea, ask your doctor for a script for Ondansetron or Metoclopramide. In the UK, you can also buy Cyclizine over the counter, which is good for nausea.

Good luck

Mostu
05-01-19, 09:27
Thank you for the replies. As for diet, it doesn't seem to be correlated. Same for stress, the nausea appears even when I'm not anxious about anything. There has to be a cause, and I'm considering doing an EGD to find out, but I've read about people who have had intermittent nausea months before their pancreatic cancer diagnosis and I'm beyond anxious...

Midnight-mouse
05-01-19, 09:40
The nausea is often spontaneous for me too, the way I see it is I don’t have to be anxious about something because I have anxiety. Which day to day causes a change in thought patterns and can still cause physical symptoms. Just because we aren’t panicking doesn’t mean we don’t have s condition that causes a whole host of things.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk