PDA

View Full Version : Blister burst sepsis

kirstynic
04-01-19, 20:43
Hi
The other day I accidentally put my finger inbetween my hot straighteners causing a horribly blister. The blister burst on its own and is now exposed. I got done cream on it and have been wearing a plaster, though not all the time. Since this morning I have felt unwell, just cold tho my face feels hot. I also feel shivery and a bit sick. I am now so worried about sepsis as these are the early signs. If it wasn’t for the blister I would think I was coming down with something but I am convinced my blister is infected and caused sepsis :,(

RadioGaGa
04-01-19, 23:23
kirstynic

Unless you're taking Prograf (or some other immunosuppresant) or have end-stage HIV infection, you will be fine.

Believe me, when people have sepsis, they aren't posting on nomorepanic or other forums about it.

Keep the wound clean, don't pick at it etc, and you'll be fine.

Good luck

bin tenn
04-01-19, 23:32
Agreed, no reason to worry. I got blisters often as a kid, and they used to break open all the time.

GRVY
05-01-19, 02:34
I’ve been septic after poorly done surgery and piss poor follow up. If you were septic you would know (or possibly not because you’d be in the hospital unconscious). I was very lucky to have come through it.