PDA

View Full Version : Restless Leg Syndrome or neuropathy?

alcopop
05-01-19, 18:34
Hi all

Do any of you ever get restless leg syndrome, aka fidgets, in bed? I had it first thing this morning and it was really bad - both irritating and painful. I've had much milder versions of it, and because of my history of alcohol abuse, I'm concerned it might be alcoholic neuropathy / nerve damage-related and that it's just gonna get worse.

If anyone does get this, have you found any good short or long term treatments? Or am I just f*****?
I've also felt my legs kinda shaky lately too which could also be a sign of neuropathy. :(

I'm 32 female. Thanks in advance

AMomentofClarity
05-01-19, 18:56
Hi all

Do any of you ever get restless leg syndrome, aka fidgets, in bed? I had it first thing this morning and it was really bad - both irritating and painful. I've had much milder versions of it, and because of my history of alcohol abuse, I'm concerned it might be alcoholic neuropathy / nerve damage-related and that it's just gonna get worse.

If anyone does get this, have you found any good short or long term treatments? Or am I just f*****?
I've also felt my legs kinda shaky lately too which could also be a sign of neuropathy. :(

I'm 32 female. Thanks in advance

Everything you describe in all your posts is simply hangover/mild alcohol withdrawal. You’ve done no permanent damage at 32, I guarantee it.

At some point you have to make a choice...drinking or anxiety....If you choose drinking, great! Bottoms up, enjoy life. Nothing wrong with it but quit worrying about the effects.
If you can’t do that, and you’re going to constantly stress about the consequences of alcohol, then quit drinking.
But doing both, drinking and worrying about it makes no sense.

alcopop
05-01-19, 22:29
I know. All my health worries are based on things that are health inflicted. Sigh.

vicky23
08-01-19, 17:05
I get restless leg syndrome and it's very irritating, like I'm itchy INSIDE my legs, moving and stretching them helps but obviously not good for sleep lol I'm 32 female too.
I am by no means a Dr but I feel like if it was nerve damage it would be there all the time rather than just in bed? But I dunno :huh: