PDA

View Full Version : scared of chest pain

tracieann
05-01-19, 21:58
i have been getting a stabbing pain under my left breast its sharp and lasts about five seconds each time in september i had ecg and heart blood tests all fine but im scared as to what this is i have fibromyalgia and get lower rib pain which ive had many years but this is sharp and stabbing scared can anyone advise thank you:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

ankietyjoe
06-01-19, 01:02
It's very common with anxiety disorders and could be a number of things. Muscle cramps or spasms are common, but it could also be a symptom of GERD or reflux. During the time I suffered with reflux I had incredibly painful stabbing sensations in my chest, up to my shoulders and into my back as well.

If your tests are clear, you just try and accept it and not worry about it.

WiseMonkey
06-01-19, 01:28
i have been getting a stabbing pain under my left breast its sharp and lasts about five seconds each time in september i had ecg and heart blood tests all fine but im scared as to what this is i have fibromyalgia and get lower rib pain which ive had many years but this is sharp and stabbing scared can anyone advise thank you:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

This is likely to be related to your Fibro which is an autoimmune condition. It may be Costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage than joins your ribs to the breastbone. It often goes together with other autoimmune conditions and is not serious. It can result in sharp chest pain and can feel like a heart attack but isn't.

tracieann
06-01-19, 11:32
thanks for replies my left breast is also sore and i have a bad shoulder on that side but the pain has been happening over a good few days only short in duration but painful and sore saw dr new years eve he dosent think cardiac it just scares me when it happens

lofwyr
06-01-19, 16:25
Having diagnosed cardiac issues that I have to monitor, I am keenly aware of any chest discomfort. What you describe sounds to me what I have always just called a "stitch in my side." Basically, a muscle cramp. Those pains have never worried me at all.

GiantMogwai
06-01-19, 22:27
Most likely Costochondritis. If so will usually be in gap between ribs, which you can poke and it will hurt. Can flare up into short term stabbing pains. I usually relieve mine by inhaling slowly with arms around chest, then exhaling slowly. Mine flares up after swimming as my left arm over extends and antagonises the inter costal muscles. You may or may not have a similar trigger.