PDA

View Full Version : Waking up in the middle of the night thinking i’m dying

Worrywart1234
06-01-19, 18:51
So the last couple of nights i’ve woken up thinking there’s something really badly wrong. Last night I woke up with a stomach ache in my very lower abdomen. I had a baby three weeks ago, and last night was convinced I had a post partum infection in my uterus. I lay awake for hours debating whether to ring an ambulance or wake my husband up....it ended up that I just needed to go to the toilet, because I had Panadol, had a heat pack for my stomach, then when i went to the toilet I was fine.
Well, this morning i’ve Woken up and I feel tightness between my shoulder blades and maybe a bit near the front of my rib cage and if I lay on my side, my stomach feels a bit cramps. It’s a little bit painful, but mostly feels like tightness. I don’t feel short of breath and my chest itself doesn’t feel tight - but i’m worried i’m having a stroke, or it’s the start of a heart attack.
I think I maybe sound a bit crazy, my anxiety is definitely not very good at the moment. Can someone please talk some sense into me.

GiantMogwai
06-01-19, 18:59
I got a really bad stomach last night after having a Panadol. Loads of really nasty stomach cramps and couldn't break wind to relieve it. Luckily it passed after 15 minutes but my stomach has felt quite tight today with some nausea. I think most of this is probably just stress. Lots and lots of stress gets my stomach really tight.

goldie84
06-01-19, 19:46
So the last couple of nights i’ve woken up thinking there’s something really badly wrong. Last night I woke up with a stomach ache in my very lower abdomen. I had a baby three weeks ago, and last night was convinced I had a post partum infection in my uterus. I lay awake for hours debating whether to ring an ambulance or wake my husband up....it ended up that I just needed to go to the toilet, because I had Panadol, had a heat pack for my stomach, then when i went to the toilet I was fine.
Well, this morning i’ve Woken up and I feel tightness between my shoulder blades and maybe a bit near the front of my rib cage and if I lay on my side, my stomach feels a bit cramps. It’s a little bit painful, but mostly feels like tightness. I don’t feel short of breath and my chest itself doesn’t feel tight - but i’m worried i’m having a stroke, or it’s the start of a heart attack.
I think I maybe sound a bit crazy, my anxiety is definitely not very good at the moment. Can someone please talk some sense into me.

Your body is still healing from having a baby! I remember giving myself permission to not worry during my pregnancy and postpartum (I’m six months pp) when it came to weird body/stomach pain. Most of it can be chalked up to normal healing... your body just went thru a huge trauma and needs to adjust. Your hormones are probably wacky too and your anxiety may be extremely heightened during this time.