PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety has heightened due to worrying about a friend....

Opethfan053
07-01-19, 22:17
I'm not one to be prone to generalized anxiety most of the time. My anxiety usually revolves around being a hypochondriac although it's heightened recently due to my constant worrying about a troubled friend.

He's extremely depressed and suicidal and about a week and a half ago he broke down on me and told me some pretty dark secrets he's kept inside, one of which is how he has become suicidal. I noticed that something was wrong with him for awhile but after hearing him open up in front of me, I've grown extremely worried about him. The way he was talking makes it seem like he doesn't plan on being around much longer. I tried my best to urge him to seek help and that I would be here for him if he needed me to be and I'm not so sure it worked. I'm dreading the possibility of a phone call from his mother than he has taken his own life. He's tried getting help in the past but gave up on it.

As someone who also suffers from depression as well as anxiety related illnesses, this has only heightened my own mental health issues. I'm constantly worried about his well being and I'm trying my best to help him through his difficult time but he is keen on pushing me (as well as others) away. I don't know what to do. I wanted to talk to his mother about it but he told me he tried to before and she didn't take him seriously. I'm not surprised as well and that's not because I think she's a cold person. It's due to the fact that mental health within our society is not taken seriously in general.

I'm not sure on what to do. I want to help him I really do but he doesn't seem to want help.