PDA

View Full Version : feel like my fears are finally coming true: sore armpit for a few weeks now??

scaredpt
08-01-19, 03:29
I'm so scared, noticed my armpit was feeling sore a few weeks ago, it went away, but now it's happened again. when i looked it up obviously it says that armpit pain is a sign of MANY cancers, specifically breast cancer and lymphoma. I am almost too scared to go to a doctor about this because i feel like i can't escape and my fears are coming true after all these years of HA.

AMomentofClarity
08-01-19, 03:38
I'm so scared, noticed my armpit was feeling sore a few weeks ago, it went away, but now it's happened again. when i looked it up obviously it says that armpit pain is a sign of MANY cancers, specifically breast cancer and lymphoma. I am almost too scared to go to a doctor about this because i feel like i can't escape and my fears are coming true after all these years of HA.

You seem to be a pretty frequent poster here. What are you doing about your anxiety?

Carys
08-01-19, 05:16
noticed my armpit was feeling sore a few weeks ago, it went away, but now it's happened again.Yeah, thats right.......cancer symptoms come and go like that....they go away then come back again......

when i looked it up obviously it says that armpit pain is a sign of MANY cancers, specifically breast cancer and lymphoma.Of course, anyone who has pain in their armpit must have cancer, thats the most logical and likely explanation for pain in the armpit that comes and goes. Best let the doctors know that their training in looking for all the other more likely reasons for these symptoms are null and void....

(Can't find the rolling eyes emoticon)

Use your brain on this! Apply some logic from all the hundreds of helpful posts that have been made to you for the last 2 years. I wouldn't mind betting that your constant poking and prodding of lymph nodes has something to do with this pain under the arm -as it seems a bit of a theme that you are poking and prodding lymph nodes in various threads. You do know you can also aggravate muscles, ligaments and other soft tissues by pushing hard into them constantly. See the doctor? Again? OR you could just forget it, leave it be, not poke around and wait for it to go again ?

scaredpt
08-01-19, 18:08
I haven't gone to the doctor yet. just worried bc this is pain, and it seems persistent.

AMomentofClarity
08-01-19, 18:12
I haven't gone to the doctor yet. just worried bc this is pain, and it seems persistent.

You’ve posted on a large variety of (mostly irrational) fears since January 2018.

Romaine lettuce/ecoli
Stroke
Airplane
Flu
HSV Meningitis
Myocarditis
Chest pain x 2
Breast cancer
Flu (Again )
Flu (third time)
Romaine lettuce (again)
Staph infection
Breast cancer (again)
Lice
STDs
HIV from sneeze (eyeroll)
Tetanus
ALS/MS
Moldy bread
Lice (again)
Subdural hematoma
Bug parasite
Flu (fourth time)
Brain tumor/MS
Flu (fifth time)
Lymph nodes x 2

Impressive resume......
What are you doing to address that anxiety?

Carys
08-01-19, 18:32
Use your brain on this! Apply some logic from all the hundreds of helpful posts that have been made to you for the last 2 years. I wouldn't mind betting that your constant poking and prodding of lymph nodes has something to do with this pain under the arm -as it seems a bit of a theme that you are poking and prodding lymph nodes in various threads. You do know you can also aggravate muscles, ligaments and other soft tissues by pushing hard into them constantly. See the doctor? Again? OR you could just forget it, leave it be, not poke around and wait for it to go again ? AS I said above

Honestly, after years....at what point do you suddenly think....you know what I've been wrong 50 times before so chances are I am this time too?

DId you read my post, I mean really READ IT......?

scaredpt
08-01-19, 21:32
I know I should not think about it, and I'm really trying, but the pain is really messing with me. I'm worried its been swollen for a month now and i stil haven't been to the doctor yet

AMomentofClarity
08-01-19, 21:34
I know I should not think about it, and I'm really trying, but the pain is really messing with me. I'm worried its been swollen for a month now and i stil haven't been to the doctor yet

Maybe 3rd time is a charm.....

This isn’t an isolated thing, you clearly have an long history of somewhat debilitating anxiety.

What are you doing to tackle it?

Carys
08-01-19, 21:38
noticed my armpit was feeling sore a few weeks ago, it went away, but now it's happened again. Yeah, thats right.......cancer symptoms come and go like that....they go away then come back again......

when i looked it up obviously it says that armpit pain is a sign of MANY cancers, specifically breast cancer and lymphoma. Of course, anyone who has pain in their armpit must have cancer, thats the most logical and likely explanation for pain in the armpit that comes and goes. Best let the doctors know that their training in looking for all the other more likely reasons for these symptoms are null and void....

Use your brain on this! Apply some logic from all the hundreds of helpful posts that have been made to you for the last 2 years. I wouldn't mind betting that your constant poking and prodding of lymph nodes has something to do with this pain under the arm -as it seems a bit of a theme that you are poking and prodding lymph nodes in various threads. You do know you can also aggravate muscles, ligaments and other soft tissues by pushing hard into them constantly. See the doctor? Again? OR you could just forget it, leave it be, not poke around and wait for it to go again ?

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

You should do MORE than not think about it! You should be reading back your own post history, reassuring yourself by using logic. HOW can this be cancer when it has gone and come back ....HOW HOW HOW ??? You still aren't responding to what either momentofclarity or myself are writing, its not even clear you are reading what we are saying as you aren't engaging with the issues we are raising.

Carys
09-01-19, 08:58
What I find interesting about the list that 'momentof clarity' wrote out, is the repetition of the flu theme - 5 times it features. That means that nothing said the first four times, on the first four threads, has made any difference at all. To need to start all over again with the flu fear would indicate to me that the words people write to you are not really read, are not internalised and the efforts to teach you self-reassurance are not working at all. Its the proverbial head and brick wall routine. Sorry scaredpt, but you simply are not learning or doing anything to help yourself.

Carys
13-01-19, 18:06
....and as expected.....no reply.

Chrisig1986
13-01-19, 19:46
I had a sore umpit under my right arm for months and one day there was quite a large lump, I go straight to the doctor and it turned out to be a cyst which had to be surgically removed.
I have HA and GAD I worry about everything, i mean I pay my NI and that's what out doctors are there for (use and abuse the system).
This won't go away untill you seek professional help, we on this forum can only advise on a situation we would do.
I hope it's nothing to serious, and I hope you get it checked out asap you put your mind at ease.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carys
13-01-19, 20:10
that's what out doctors are there for (use and abuse the system).

Need to disagree with this strongly.

AMomentofClarity
13-01-19, 21:26
I had a sore umpit under my right arm for months and one day there was quite a large lump, I go straight to the doctor and it turned out to be a cyst which had to be surgically removed.
I have HA and GAD I worry about everything, i mean I pay my NI and that's what out doctors are there for (use and abuse the system).
This won't go away untill you seek professional help, we on this forum can only advise on a situation we would do.
I hope it's nothing to serious, and I hope you get it checked out asap you put your mind at ease.

First of all, in the US, we have to pay for most visits, at least a portion of, so that’s unrealistic.

Secondly, from an individual standpoint, by going to the doctor for every concern, you’re just perpetuating the cycle of HA. You’re fueling the need for reassurance instead of addressing and tackling the anxiety.

Chrisig1986
13-01-19, 21:46
I wasn't aware I apologise. However you would seek medical help if you are in pain.