PDA

View Full Version : Scared of sporadic fatal insomnia

Drew1994
08-01-19, 13:40
I’ve had this fear before when I was 16 but it’s recently resurfaced. Two nights ago, I laid down to go to sleep but after sleeping for a few minutes, I got a sudden rush of panic and opened my eyes. I couldn’t sleep for hours after that and didn’t end up going to sleep until 4:30 and I woke up at 10. Last night around 1, I felt sleep deprived and I closed my eyes to go to sleep and the same thing happened. My mind was racing and I was tossing and turning for about 15 minutes and then I entered a state of what felt like light sleep and I woke up around 6. Now I can’t go back to sleep. For the past 2 years I’ve been taking a melatonin before bedtime but last night I took a diphenhydramine. The first night I took diphenhydramine and melatonin.

jojo2316
08-01-19, 14:22
Have you posted about this before or is someone else on here worrying about this vanishingly rare condition?

Midnight-mouse
08-01-19, 14:27
Just sounds like you panicked and woke yourself, I have this very often and I always struggle to go back to sleep after it. Could it have something to do with the new thing you are taking?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk