PDA

View Full Version : PLease help, sure I have kidney cancer, so scared

Brunamateus
09-01-19, 01:55
Hey guys, I’m so scared please I need someone to help me, I’ve been having bad pain on the lower left side of my back, sort of where my waist is, for about three weeks, I was sure I felt a lump there but brushed it off as I thought I had a muscle knot, but now, as I layed down on my side I felt this really hard lump, guys I’m only twenty one scared to death please help me I’m going to the doctors first thing in the morning but I won’t even be able to sleep now I’m feeling so bad please :(

jojo2316
09-01-19, 07:56
Hi- it’s very unlikely to be kidney cancer at 21. What did your doctor say?

Elen
09-01-19, 08:05
Not every ache and pain is attributable to cancer.

Have a look back on your posting history and try and see the pattern in your thinking.

Your ache could be anything but I bet that it isn't cancer

Shadowhawk
09-01-19, 13:07
Not every ache and pain is attributable to cancer.

Have a look back on your posting history and try and see the pattern in your thinking.

Your ache could be anything but I bet that it isn't cancer

While i am fully in agreement of the statement in bold, i am constantly amazed (though i shouldn't be) at how a google search for almost any "symptom" can find some "relation" as a cancer sign. Sometimes i wonder how this (and other) board(s) are not flooded with even more people daily who get told they have cancer after stubbing their toe...

Anyway...

I will be blunt in one way - if you had a kidney tumor that was large enough that you could feel it like that, you would very likely be dead or darn near it with a host of other real symptoms (that would have already had you seeing a doctor). While pain and feelable lumps can certainly be associated with cancer, pain is rarely a first symptom (as told to my and my ex-wife by doctors).

As it is, the back can be host to all kinds of pain (not surprising given the load we ask of give it). Muscle spasms and cramps, disk issues, and even good old overuse can all create real and crippling issues. Now, without throwing you into a panic, it might not hurt to see a doctor anyway, but with the aim of treating the pain, regardless of source.

Brunamateus
09-01-19, 23:14
Than you so much guys, all of you really eased my mind a bit, still a little anxious as I went to the doctor and she told me this lump was most likely a lymphoma, still told me to get an ultrasound, the thing that is still worrying me is that she said that most lymphomas don’t hurt, and mine does cause some discomfort... I also spoke to my mom and she said that in her side of the family is very normal to get lymphomas and that my mom already removed six... so I’m a little bit calmer but still there’s this little voice in my head that says is something more serious...

Shadowhawk
10-01-19, 00:08
I am really glad you have seen help, and that the doctor wasn't too concerned. Just one correction - i believe the word she used was lipoma, as that is a common non-cancerous lump (not lymphoma).

Still, just remember both what your mom and doctor has said, and go from there. I am sure it won't be a problem.

jojo2316
10-01-19, 09:57
I’m sure she said LIPOMA - not lymphoma

venusbluejeans
10-01-19, 10:53
While i am fully in agreement of the statement in bold, i am constantly amazed (though i shouldn't be) at how a google search for almost any "symptom" can find some "relation" as a cancer sign. Sometimes i wonder how this (and other) board(s) are not flooded with even more people daily who get told they have cancer after stubbing their toe...

Many people with HA will search things like "is a pain in the kidney area a sign of cancer?" or "stubbed toe cancer" they search and look for the worst possible senarios.... so then those really rare pages and stories that say stubbing your toe causes cancer will appear at the top of the search results as that is the way search engines work. Then people will see those results and think "woah!!! I have cancer" even though they really don't and beleive them as they came up on the first page of the search..

Brunamateus
11-01-19, 23:56
Yes LIPOMA! omg sorry guys I didn’t even realize I wrote that...can some of these cause discomfort? Has anyone ever had one?