PDA

View Full Version : What is this?!?! Anxiety or something worse?

ConcernedNCurious
09-01-19, 18:01
Hey all,

First post here. Have had anxiety off and on for awhile but this is the first time time it's possibly involved my throat/swallowing. I had a cold a few months ago. For all of my life I've been able to go out into the cold weather and not really get sick (I realize that cold weather doesn't actually cause a cold) but I went to the gym and then took a walk, all of a sudden my throat hurt terribly. Since then I've had on and off throat pain, soreness, etc.

A few days ago I noticed it felt like I had a lump in my throat. Since then my adams apple seems to hurt, or the area around it. My neck itself seems to at times be sore. I haven't lost weight, no throwing up, still regular appetite, can eat and drink. 39 years of age. Don't smoke, or drink. Have an appointment for ENT Friday. Went to urgent care today and the doc felt my neck and said my lymph nodes are fine.

What is this? When I'm sleeping it's fine, when I wake up it's fine at first and then starts happening. I'm freaking out about Esophagus cancer or something else like it.

Am I crazy?