PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy and Citalopram

KittyKate
02-09-07, 00:21
My doctor always stresses on me that I cant fall pregnant on Citalopram.

Does anyone know why this is, I asked but he wouldnt go into it, just said I couldnt that was all.

God hes got me worring about it now lol :huh:

What would hsappen if I fell pregnant on Citalopram?

Kate x

barbie
03-09-07, 17:24
There's somthing on the BBC news website about it, and it says that the baby may be born with withdrawal symptoms when taking ad's. But I cant find anything else on the internet about Citalopram and pregnancy.

There might be another type your GP can put you onto if you're thinking about getting pregnant?

erialc
03-09-07, 18:33
Hi

My GP advised against it but said he has had patients who have stayed on it for the full term of their pregnancy just on a very low dose.

I don't take it now anyway but as long as you speak to your doc before trying to get pregnant - they should discuss other options with you

xxxx Claire xxxxx

Rachy
07-09-07, 01:48
Hi there
I am trying to get pregnant and was on Citalopram. My Doc moved me on to something called Setraline??, he said it was the best one to have during pregnancy (if there is a best one). I think you have to weigh up the damage caused by a drug free pregnancy and you being in a dreadful state, ot taking a low dose of meds. I always reassure myself that heroin addicts and alcoholics have babies, people smoke when their pregnant so why be made to feel guilty about taking a tablet for a condition that you cannot help. Good luck.