PDA

View Full Version : This maybe a long shot but... reaction to Dexamethasone

Worrygirl32
10-01-19, 03:16
So some of you may have read but I feared a DVT went to the urgent care and the doctor said I did not have a DVT and my knee was most likely inflamed... well he gave me 10mg of Dexamethasone IV. Good news. I have. I no more knee pain. And I’m not overly concerned with dvt. However. My right arm started feeling odd. Like numbness like... I started googling side effects. I didn’t get the shot in my arm btw. I got it in my ventrogluteal muscle. And I read that Dexamethasone can cause myopathy and muscle wasting and it may take months back to regain strength if you regain strength at all. Now I’m just mad and obsessing all over again. I WISH I DIDNT HAVE HEALTHY ANXIETY. IF ITS NOT ONE THING ITS ANOTHER. I have literally spent countless hours googling and googling. And now I feel like this all my fault. If I would have just listened to everyone I wouldn’t be in this mess. Now I potentially have a worse problem. It says online if you experience this to stop taking the medication. Well guess what??? I can’t becauee it was a shot. And the half life is 34-56 hours. Which means it could over two days before half of this medication is even out of my system!!!!! This is not how I wanted to start 2019. I was feeling soooo hopeful about my health anxiety. Now I’m just so upset. My arms feel slightly heavy. I work in a pharmacy so I texted my pharmacist and she told to stop worrying about something for the most part I can’t change. Which is true. But damn it. This is my fault. It reminds me why I’m so against medication. I know this doesn’t speak true to everyone. BUT I ALWAYS END UP WITH A WEIRD REACTION. Can someone talk me through this. I’m scared to even go to sleep at this point.