PDA

View Full Version : Does anxiety cause you to lose your appetite?

aleskaclarke
10-01-19, 19:39
Now loads of people over eat when they're stressed but I really don't have much of an appetite when I'm going through a bad patch of anxiety! Like I physically don't feel hungry but when I start eating I just can't seem to eat a full meal like each mouthful is a struggle and I end up eating so slowly and can only eat small portions. ANYONE ELSE?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jojo2316
10-01-19, 20:20
DEFINITELY!! It’s a classic symptom. I always lose weight when anxious

Carys
10-01-19, 20:49
Errrr absolutely! I've lost huge amounts of weight very quickly when seriously stressed and anxious. The worst time was nearly 3 years ago, where in 2 weeks I lost 1 1/2 stone. I literally hardly felt I could eat. I think the majority would find eating at times of panic and anxiety height pretty tough.

jcd_gad
13-01-19, 19:14
I overeat especially sugar.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

WiredIncorrectly
13-01-19, 19:35
Yes it can. Happened to me countless times in my lifetime.

phil06
13-01-19, 19:41
I have gone off many types of foods over past few months it’s strange as I have had a limited diet for 30 years and now suddenly I can’t stomach some foods I can only blame anxiety

Fishmanpa
14-01-19, 11:55
Common Anxiety Symptom. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Lack_of_appetite_or_taste_a_tinny_metalli c_or_ammonia_smell_or_taste)

Positive thoughts

rcs
14-01-19, 13:03
I overeat but if i am feeling very bad i lose my appetite :mad:.

Darksky
14-01-19, 13:51
Totally...
That, plus the effect of stress hormones eating up all your calories, is why going through a bad patch, people can easily lose over a stone in the blink of an eye.

Chrisig1986
14-01-19, 14:54
Hi, my anxiety has been bad since middle December my appite has also been a downer. I makr my husband and kids there meals but not me I just can't stomach it. I have had little things I.e toast with some marmalade, cerial bars and bananas I also find soup filling and easy to eat. I just want my appite back and feel less nausea which is all from my medication, anxiety and not eating well.
Same boat different person, what to do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jcd_gad
16-02-19, 21:44
For sure.

Anxiety has been bad over last few weeks. I've noticed my mood and appetite have been bad

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk