PDA

View Full Version : Constant need to take a deep breath and not managing it.

scared88
11-01-19, 03:31
So I've had this since 2007. Get this on and off over the year but it's been going on for few weeks now. I get this feeling I need to take a deep satisfying breath but not getting it.
I of course worry it's asthma, or a tumour.
Is anyone familiar with this?

katniss
11-01-19, 04:53
Oh my goodness! I say this because, honestly I have realized now how many weird symptoms I’ve had that make me the anxiety queen of these forums. Lol. Def not a good thing. But I find myself replying often saying I’ve had the same. Enough about me, haha. But,! I have had the same thing in the past. It feels like you can NOT get a deep breath and it’s very disconcerting. I thought it was a heart issue and freakedddd out! This has been happening for almost 4 years. I have had this symptom a handful of times since. And every time it lasts a few weeks. If you don’t think about it, you will be okay! Do you get it more when you try to yawn?

ErinKC
11-01-19, 19:02
100% anxiety. The more your try the worse it will get because you're making yourself hyperventilate. As difficult as it is, try to relax your breathing and it should stop.

Scass
11-01-19, 19:53
It’s absolutely anxiety because I get it when anxious, and I also have asthma.

Try taking a big gulp instead. Then maybe breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth for a few breaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tan235
12-01-19, 04:26
I get this! I yawn and yawn to try take a deep breath and am left in a state of panic as I cna't get enough oxygen. It's hyperventilating so I wonder if mine has to do with a bit of IBS AND GERD as well - go distract yourself, it will pass....

Fishmanpa
12-01-19, 14:19
Common anxiety symptom (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#BreathingShortness_of_breath).

Positive thoughts