PDA

View Full Version : Pain in finger joint and same old routine

ErinKC
11-01-19, 14:47
Does anyone feel your anxiety is cyclical? I feel like I go through this constant cycle - calm, slow build, heightened stress, trigger, spiral, break, calm. It seems like if I am aware of this I should be able to break it, but I can't!

I've let myself get overwhelmed with work (I do freelance work from home and take care of my 4.5 year old), which always ends up leading to an anxiety spike. I've been doing great for a few months, seeing my therapist regularly (thankfully I have an appointment on Monday), but two weeks ago I had a week long sore throat that brought me to the doctor. It went away on its own a few days later, but that started the spiral cycle (anytime I go to the doctor for something it does). I thought I was pushing through it, but then last night out of nowhere the top joint of my middle finger started hurting, right above a small cut I have there, so instantly my mind goes to some infection spreading from the cut I have.

It hurts to press on and move the joint, so every time I do anything with my hand I notice it. I woke up this morning and it was still there and that's when the beginning of the breaking point came and I started to cry. All the stress from my work, etc... plus this poured over me. Then, I asked my husband to stay home so I could go to the urgent care, where of course, they said just watch and wait and come back if it gets worse, or you get a fever, etc...

The chances are I jammed it on something and don't remember. I presume that a non-anxious person would just go about their lives and wait for it to get better. Something small like this doesn't usually trigger me, but since my stress level is already high it was just enough.

Blarg.

ErinKC
11-01-19, 22:56
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/8VZZ4bAhbqwSQ6uGsQryZ32OvMO9UGqc0q7jLL1jS__KMYjKyi kGyy0hv0xQJMaOLM4W0fmRjeCqJ65OhuCc_8R2aYR5T3uCNbAA Q3tLgpPUm-fIe3AWnH9n8Z9CeUdJwegs9fAC0QmIBH23CjxVxBkegcZaafbk LjsZXzLaww0Zf0QoW4rb0932ztXqIg3l6fa2hI4K9jbSdGTtbT iu2-fGIRMHO2vkpr-1dK4HyBDSS9aRM9OakZ2R3UR13l_vlE3PL4PwmEaG3tnL3z1Up VFwRN1NumOqekUolBB2QxGQ9hup2wdAxlIGemxC52eqpvuisJv z2q9kE9ZeUra2cLl3Dfop5X0_uASNgZ1SGFNAXW1IEuiKkE9aS ugMSG-W9oc37DTG84iqzNajsyPDgMtjPFCvUUgKS97DZv3mjbpkKJrbG zo2QozjP3-QSQs50El8J8O3KjkaWQb6J2iv7gN4M_v2WmvvXYpHPcHw0S2CX znH9WDRvw90GhlOfChVm8v0-r1LpzUUBGY_ptXxKJiSTgDTMCh0pkGj02IXteN9SWT6lAKRq4q Y-btqz_ia_WUhengKnkKlTbBTTP5uS2tR2OvfgO-W_1GOSCLXt3YA6iay4NOVoD44P3-1cflVEfCFMnktuIQmk4Rvrqw4QFaICQ=w1492-h1118-no

I'm not sure if this photo is going to work, but the left one is my normal hand and the right one is the one that's hurting. I feel like the finger (middle) looks swollen. Am I crazy?

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Holy smokes, I don't know what that's so huge!!

Scass
12-01-19, 04:02
I can’t see the picture sorry, but would it not just be from the cut? Sometimes the smallest of cuts can hurt more than you’d think.

Also, if urgent care have said you’re ok, then you’re ok.

And yes, spirals & spirals. What can you do to stop the spiral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk