PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats?

fbmb
13-01-19, 14:21
Here I am, back with more health anxiety. Periodically, and infrequently, I’ve woken up at night feeling really sweaty. It’s kind of like how I feel when I work out. I’m not sweaty on my face or lower body, but on my neck and between my breasts. It’s been happening for as long as I can remember but I began to notice it more after I had kids. I’m 31, so it’s definitely not menopause. I just started my period this morning and woke up like this in the middle of the night. I also had two of these episodes last week (about 5-6 days ago). I know it’s not my pajamas or bedroom being too hot because my bedroom is cool and I wear the same sets of pajamas all the time. This is the first time that this has happened to me in several months, which makes me question if it’s hormones. If it were hormones wouldn’t this happen to me each month?

I’m just wondering if hormones can be up and down - meaning some months you experience certain symptoms and other months you don’t. I hate to go have a bunch of blood work done over this but I don’t know if it’s sometning to be worried about. It’s just weird. I would think that if it were because of a medical condition I might experience it at other times of the day? I’ve also been having weird dreams which can be hormonal too. I just don’t know why some months my PMS symptoms change...or if that’s even what’s going on.

jojo2316
13-01-19, 16:03
Are you on any sort of mediation? I have this too - often very badly. I think it is related to sertraline and anxiety. Often the sweats follow a very vivid dream...

fbmb
13-01-19, 17:03
No, I don’t take any medication.

RadioGaGa
13-01-19, 17:03
This is not the description of true night sweats.

True night sweats leave the person DRENCHED - and I mean DRENCHED. They'll have to change their clothes, their bedding, everything. You categorically do not have this, going by your description.

What you're describing just sounds like you've been too warm in bed. Anxiety can cause this too.

Good luck

Edit: Also pathological night sweats would not come and go

popejoan
13-01-19, 22:48
I have them all the time.