PDA

View Full Version : First time Colonoscopy

pollynewsome
13-01-19, 17:52
Hello I have a Colonoscopy booked for the 25th of Jan. Needless to say I am worrying myself silly! I've read all the leaflets about the procedure and it's scared the hell out of me!! Any advice would be greatful! Many thanks.

nomorepanic
13-01-19, 17:58
Hi

What worries you about it specifically?

Also, have a read of the posts in this sub-forum as there are loads of people that have gone through this so you can read all about it.

jojo2316
13-01-19, 20:24
It’s really not that bad. The two days before are the worst, but again not THAT bad. Are you worried about the procedure itself?

WiseMonkey
13-01-19, 21:11
Hi

What worries you about it specifically?

Also, have a read of the posts in this sub-forum as there are loads of people that have gone through this so you can read all about it.

The prep is the worse and there are various types of Prep available. The actual procedure with sedation is easy.

pollynewsome
15-01-19, 20:06
Thanks for the replies. It's the procedure itself that scares
I've read some of the other threads and feel some relief. I hate the not been in control and the sedation bit but im told it is necessary.

nomorepanic
15-01-19, 23:48
The sedation is not necessary - I have never had it and they encourage you not to have it at the hospital I go to.

Pearly queen
23-01-19, 14:49
It's really not that bad. The waiting and run up to it is the worst part because its the unknown. I had to be sedated because of high blood pressure but you may not have to be sedated. Either way it will be over before you know it. Don't listen to horror stories about prep or procedure. Neither are that terrible. Good luck.

pollynewsome
23-01-19, 20:48
Thank you Pearly Queen. Much appreciated. X