PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

JohnS
02-09-07, 16:52
Hi everyone.

I'm John and have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for around 2 years now. I didn't know what was wrong with me at first, so after suffering for so long I decided to tell my parents about my problem and then seen my doctor, after that, I was referred to see a counciller, just a couple of months ago about my anxiety and panic problems. It seems to be more of a problem when I go out and see people around, I'm ok by myself...

I tend to blame myself for this happening, I started to stay on the computer 24/7 and instead of getting up and going to shops and to see friends, I'd make up excuses to stay on the computer, such as sending others to the shops instead of going myself and if friends asked if I was going out, I'd say I was busy.

I've decided to do a bit of research myself to hopefully overcome the problem and on doing that... I came across this great site with lots of people that are willing to help. I found this site yesterday and I've been reading about the breathing exercises.

Anyways.. I'll not bore you too much with my problems and instead, I'll discuss them in the appropriate part of the forums. :P

honeybee3939
02-09-07, 17:03
Hi John

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.

Well done John for recognising you had a problem and discussing it with your parents. thats a big step forward for you:yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Southern_Belle
02-09-07, 17:33
Hi John,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many who feel just the way you do. You will also get tons of support.

Hugs,

Laura

KrazyKaz07
02-09-07, 18:20
Hi John & :welcome:

manmoor
02-09-07, 18:54
Hi John,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
02-09-07, 20:02
Hello John :welcome:to you!

Glad you found us, you'll get plenty of help and support here - and you haven't bored us at all!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

SharonDerby
02-09-07, 23:30
Welcome John lovely to know you, hope we can help you and hope you make friends with all the lovely people on here.

Sharon :)

Lindalou64
03-09-07, 11:18
hello john and welcome ........linda

Pink Princess
03-09-07, 13:19
http://www.tagworldresources.com/Tagworld-Graphics/Hello-Graphics/c1fe800ddb391f299f77b6c6c49292be.jpg

welocme xx

love minnie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CarpeDiem
03-09-07, 18:57
:) Hi John :)

You're right - At least while you're on the computer you might as well do some research into getting yourself back out there - So welcome to the site! Hope you find some useful info/support; there's certainly plenty of it here. Good luck with it,
Take care, CarpeDiem
xxxxxx

trac67
03-09-07, 19:22
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
04-09-07, 11:20
Hi John and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
04-09-07, 19:36
Hi John

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

JohnS
07-09-07, 01:08
Thanks for all the welcomes guys, I didn't expect so many welcoming people, I feel at home now. :)

dawn s
10-09-07, 11:15
:) hi john,i too have jst found the site,thank god there are people out there to talk to and who understand cuz i dont know about you but i kind of feel silly trying to explain the probem and even more silly when an attack occurs in front of people. thanks NMP for the suuport! best of luck John:yesyes: .....Dawn

SammiB
10-09-07, 12:22
Hey John

Welcome to this great site, i have pretty much the same problem as you, started to avoid and make excuses and then i came here and now i'm taking trips to the shops every other day or so.

I hope you will find loads of support, friends and helpful information here

xx