PDA

View Full Version : Tender scalp behind ear

Havefaithx
14-01-19, 21:04
Hi guys

I get a tender scalp quite often it tends to feel bruised but mainly around my temple area. I have it behind my ear tonight and actually in the back of my ear. I’m assuming it’s either tension or nerve related but it’s so sore.

Anyway else gets this and how do you get rid of it?? When I have it in on my temple it can lasts days and even sleeping on it causes my pain.

I have never been to the dr about it so no idea what it is or could be really

Xx

ErinKC
14-01-19, 22:27
Could be TMJ or just general jaw tension. I have TMJ and the bone behind my ear gets sore sometimes from clenching my jaw or grinding my teeth at night. It also gives me migraines, neck pain, tooth pain, etc... It's amazing how much a tight jaw muscle can do.

Try to be conscious of how you're jaw is sitting. Someone on here actually told me to try and keep my tongue on the roof of my mouth when I'm at rest - this keeps me from clenching my teeth. It's actually helped a ton with the symptoms for me!

Havefaithx
14-01-19, 22:37
I do have tmj never even thought that could be it!! I have a mouth guard for night time but I haven’t been wearing it as it’s so painful to wear. I don’t think it’s been done properly. I clench my teeth all the time day and night so maybe it could be that xx

ErinKC
14-01-19, 22:40
Almost definitely that! I couldn't believe how many of my varied symptoms could be attributed to that once I was finally diagnosed. All those muscles and nerves are connected so one being irritated can cause lots of pain all around.

I don't have a custom made night guard yet, but my dentist said to just get an over the counter one at the drug store. Maybe that would help if you think yours isn't fitting properly.