PDA

View Full Version : Should I switch meds?

.Poppy.
14-01-19, 22:27
I was previously on 20 mg of Lexapro but was switched off about a year ago to Prozac because while I was doing well, I had some low energy and my psych thought this would be a better fit.

Over about the past year and a half I’ve gained weight - about 40 more pounds than I’d like. I’m trying to lose it but am wondering if the Prozac could be to blame as I’ve never had a weight problem before. Ive also had some increased anxiety in the past week but not terrible and it might just be due to coming out of the holidays.

Is this a silly reason to see ahout a med change? I’m not at a dangerous weight - I’m 5’6 and 170 lbs but should be closer to 130 - I just don’t like it.

KK77
14-01-19, 23:11
Prozac is actually the best SSRI to be on re weight gain. It has mild appetite suppressant effects (although I know that's not how it must seem to you). Patients on citalopram/escit and sertraline report more weight gain, with paroxetine being the worst culprit. I think you'd be best sticking to the Prozac.

Are you taking any other meds? Have a chat with your pdoc about weight issue if it's bothering you though.