PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever hit rock bottom?

Archaga
15-01-19, 23:30
Not just a single bad day, Im talking about months of being alone, not wanting to do anything, no ambition or hope in you. Your entire body feels done, pains everywhere, all shaky, you're all moody, irritable, no smiling or laughing, always crying....for weeks, months, years without any hope for it to stop.

That's what Im going through. One thing I do worry is that I had a car accident months ago, so im hoping its not like from brain trauma. But this morning I had breakfast with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile and I actually felt fine, then after went back downhill.

Neeeded to vent. I know this is an anxiety forum so lots of people suffer, but lots of people have friends and family who help out, or maybe its not sooooooo bad like this. Im wondering about those who really hit rock bottom. How'd it go? How long? How you came out?

Meriland30
15-01-19, 23:49
I have hit rock bottom several times in my life.
I am a severe hypochondriac and it is very difficult fpr me to come out of my funk sometimes. It seems like no one or nothing can help me when I feel like I am at the end of my rope. It really sucks, but it goes away eventually..no matter how severe the symptoms.

ErinKC
16-01-19, 00:01
Yes. It was a few months of hell. My daughter was about 1 year old and I couldn't do anything but sit in my apartment and cry all day... or go to another doctor or urgent care. Every time I looked at her I imagined dying and not getting to see her grow up and I'd just start crying. I was constantly asking my husband to come home from work because I couldn't function. My mom had to come down and stay with me for weeks at a time. It as absolutely terrible.

The only thing that got me out of it was starting therapy. It took several sessions but it pulled me out of the abyss. I've had many anxiety relapses over the years, but never like that again because I have better tools to deal with it.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Also - the most important thing BY FAR for me to stay out of that place is to stay active and social. I had a bad anxiety spike over the summer because my daughter was out of school and we were just home all the time. It was a terrible summer weather wise, so we couldn't even get outside much. When I'm just sitting around doing nothing there's nothing to go into my brain but my own invasive thoughts. I think that's one reason therapy is so good for me. Just the act of talking with someone for an hour on a regular basis helps me. Try to see your friends more often and find a sense of normalcy. Staying in, even though it's all you want to do, only feeds the beast.

venusbluejeans
16-01-19, 00:02
yep I have but the thing is with rock bottom, the only way you can go from it is up..... it may take a while and a lot of hard work but it does happen

MrLurcher
16-01-19, 00:15
I am probably close to rock bottom right now.

Worried about multiple health stuff, currently on bowel cancer. Been to docs nearly 10 times in the space of 6 weeks.

Relationship is very strained because of my anxiety and depression.

Don't pay enough attention to the kids cos I'm so self absorbed with my worries.

Financially things are tight as well.

KatieJayne
16-01-19, 08:20
I am probably close to rock bottom right now.

Worried about multiple health stuff, currently on bowel cancer. Been to docs nearly 10 times in the space of 6 weeks.

Relationship is very strained because of my anxiety and depression.

Don't pay enough attention to the kids cos I'm so self absorbed with my worries.

Financially things are tight as well.

Snap. This is me at the moment.

ankietyjoe
16-01-19, 09:17
Yep, absolutely.

About 4-5 years ago for me, I rarely left the house, rarely got dressed or even washed myself, rarely slept more than 90 minutes, had panic attacks 10-15 times a day, cried at the drop of a hat, didn't care about anything.

I remember my son walked up to me one day and said 'Daddy I miss you coming out with us'....he was 5 at the time. I didn't care, I just wanted to be left alone. It was then that I experienced true feelings of guilt, and knew I had to beat it.

Shadowhawk
16-01-19, 12:30
Not just a single bad day, Im talking about months of being alone, not wanting to do anything, no ambition or hope in you. Your entire body feels done, pains everywhere, all shaky, you're all moody, irritable, no smiling or laughing, always crying....for weeks, months, years without any hope for it to stop.

That's what Im going through. One thing I do worry is that I had a car accident months ago, so im hoping its not like from brain trauma. But this morning I had breakfast with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile and I actually felt fine, then after went back downhill.

Neeeded to vent. I know this is an anxiety forum so lots of people suffer, but lots of people have friends and family who help out, or maybe its not sooooooo bad like this. Im wondering about those who really hit rock bottom. How'd it go? How long? How you came out?

Sadly, this is me right now.. still scraping along the rocks; occasionally bounced in the air only to land on the jagged surfaces even harder. I know all too well of the aches and pains you mention, as i feel them daily in life. The same with being shaky (try writing that off as not a symptom of something...).

That said, i think the amazing Winston Churchill said it best..
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

MrLurcher
16-01-19, 12:56
Yep, absolutely.

About 4-5 years ago for me, I rarely left the house, rarely got dressed or even washed myself, rarely slept more than 90 minutes, had panic attacks 10-15 times a day, cried at the drop of a hat, didn't care about anything.

I remember my son walked up to me one day and said 'Daddy I miss you coming out with us'....he was 5 at the time. I didn't care, I just wanted to be left alone. It was then that I experienced true feelings of guilt, and knew I had to beat it.

This has made me tear up a little, this is how I feel right now with my kids. I'm just so consumed with health worries. They are 4 and 2 and desperate for attention at times, and I just can't handle them. Feel writhing with guilt about being such a terrible dad. I used to be the calmest person ever and never raised my voice, however now I shout at the kids quite a lot. Feel truly terrible about it. Sometimes I think it doesn't matter because I will be dying soon - current death worry is bowel cancer.

ankietyjoe
16-01-19, 13:01
This has made me tear up a little, this is how I feel right now with my kids. I'm just so consumed with health worries. They are 4 and 2 and desperate for attention at times, and I just can't handle them. Feel writhing with guilt about being such a terrible dad. I used to be the calmest person ever and never raised my voice, however now I shout at the kids quite a lot. Feel truly terrible about it. Sometimes I think it doesn't matter because I will be dying soon - current death worry is bowel cancer.

Word. I even planned what I was going to say in the video I was going to leave my son, all the things I wouldn't be able to say to him when he's older because I'd be dead.

But...

You can recover. Mine is gone.

Mav
16-01-19, 13:10
Yes, I feel as though I've been there multiple times. But it always gets better, that's one thing I have noticed about rock bottom, for some reason you can't stay there for long.

fidgetninja
16-01-19, 17:04
Yes, many times. Most recently last spring, when within the span of two weeks I was convinced I had pancreatic cancer and a brain tumor. I slept all the time, leaving my husband to watch our son alone, went to the ER multiple times, and bailed on taking my son to a party because I just wanted to lay in bed and cry about my "fate". Medication has been life changing for me, truly. I hope everyone in that awful, low place right now knows there is a way out!