PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

captainchaos1970
02-09-07, 18:57
I though I would introduce myself. I'm 37, work in local government (as interesting as it sounds!).

I don't know if this is a record but i think I've had general anxiety/depression for at least 30 years. I did n't make friends when i started school and it's been an uphill struggle since then.

I've not got much help from the NHS. I self-harmed when I was 15 but all I got was tetanus injections. A few years later I had IBS, had some cognitive behaviourial therapy for that but it did n't go anywhere.

I've never actually got a proper diagnosis from the docter. I did try again a couple of years ago but i just got a stand-offish mesage from the local Mental Health Trust saying "further therapy would not be appropriate at this time."

I'm seeing a therapist privately at the moment but still looking for support.

So the picture is n't totally gloomly I hace got my computer, I go swimming, do pilates and get out on my mountain bike at the weekends.

manmoor
02-09-07, 18:59
Hi Captain,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

honeybee3939
02-09-07, 19:11
Hi Captain

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

kilvosa
02-09-07, 19:13
Hi
welcome to the forum you will get lots of support here.
take care
Anne x

groovygranny
02-09-07, 20:06
Aye Aye Captain, :welcome:to you!

What a shame you haven't had a very satisfactory response form your doctor.

You'll find lots of help and support here and make some new friends - I did!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

Southern_Belle
02-09-07, 20:26
Hi Captain,

Welcome to the site. I have had anxiety since birth, honest, as long as I can remember I've had it! There will be many on here who feel exactly like you do and you will get tons of support.

Hugs,

Laura

prism
02-09-07, 21:31
Hi captain,

welcome to this wonderful site.You will find lots of info here to help you.

prism

fejling
02-09-07, 22:10
Hi

I've recently joined too, welcome.

I'm a fellow MTBer, where do you ride?

Jeff

JulieAs45
02-09-07, 23:30
Hi CaptainChaos :D

:welcome: to NMP! Hope you enjoy the site.

Great name by the way!!:yesyes:

Julie
:flowers:

KrazyKaz07
03-09-07, 09:36
Hello Captain :welcome:

Lindalou64
03-09-07, 11:15
hello captain and welcome
..............................................Lind a

Pink Princess
03-09-07, 13:30
http://www.pimped-out.info/imgs/greets/wassup_mickey6.gif

welcome xx

love minnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CarpeDiem
03-09-07, 19:02
:) Hi Captain :)

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you're on the right path now; sorry for you that help hasn't been as available to you as it could have been. At least you've managed to navigate your way here to find some help for yourself. I'm not sure if anyone's been keeping a record book (!) but here's to the next 30 years being a lot less anxious & lot more positive for you! :D
Take care, CarpeDiem
xxxxxx

trac67
03-09-07, 19:20
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

Nibbles
04-09-07, 11:18
Hi Captain and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
04-09-07, 19:37
Hi Captain

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.