PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety back in full force

Bakebeansrule
16-01-19, 12:29
I’m so disappointed that I’m feeling like this again. Last year I did really well with my anxiety and health and I thought I was over the hurdle and could cope but I’m really struggling at the moment.

It all started on New Year’s Eve when I felt what I think was heart palpitations, I was at work and suddenly felt 3 or 4 really strong hard heart beats and felt really dizzy straight after which made my anxiety sore straight away. Over the last 2 weeks I have improved with how I felt every day. I’ve tried to do things I enjoy to stop me feeling so anxious. I felt as if I was walking around with my shoulders touching my ears and had to keep reminding myself that I needed to relax. I also had a dull ache in my chest and back so think that could be due to tense muscles. I did some gardening at the weekend and felt amazing I had no aches at all so reasoned with myself if I had any heart issues I wouldn’t be able to dig my garden.

Fast forward to today and it’s happened again. At work I sat down and had the same feeling for only a few seconds I really don’t want to go back to where I was a few weeks ago thinking about my anxiety 24/7 but I’m scared.

Anyone with anything similar that fancies a chat? I don’t want to pester my family with this as I made such an improvement last year and don’t want them to know I’m struggling again

thr0b
17-01-19, 00:53
Sounds like me all the bloody time recently! Had months, maybe even years with only occasional flare-ups. Now it’s all back in full force.

Bakebeansrule
19-01-19, 16:29
Thr0b I’m sorry to hear this it’s horrible to be winning at this then suddenly feel like your taking steps back again. How are you feeling now? I’ve tried to take a few days away from the internet to see if it would help but stupidly read something today and it’s set me off again

Reddog
20-01-19, 16:04
I went years without any major health anxiety fears, and now it is all back with a vengeance. I have not been to a doctor in several years, but made some health screening appointments at the urging of my significant other. Just the thought of seeing a doctor and that they find something wrong with me is terrifying. I’m sorry you, too, are dealing with this.

Bakebeansrule
20-01-19, 16:41
Thank you so much for replying to me. I’m in the middle of an awful spiral at the moment. I’m going to try and see my dr tomorrow but like yourself I’m worried she won’t be able to tell me it’s just anxiety and want me to go for further tests. I’ve read heart palpitations and dizziness are not good together and I’m imagining the worst. Please let me know how you get on and I hope things soon improve for you

Reddog
20-01-19, 18:14
If you see your doctor tomorrow please post an update, I’ll be thinking of you.