PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting somewhere with blood pressure!

RadioGaGa
17-01-19, 10:27
Hi everyone

Those of you on here that see my posts have probably read that I've been trying to get put on BP medication for a while now.

Well I'm getting a chin implant (narcissist, I know) next month and I was in with the plastic surgeon. He took my blood pressure as I'd said it had been high and it clocked 150/91. I wasn't anxious at the time and as this has been around the readings I've been getting at home, he has written to my GP.

He was very surprised my GP hadn't started me on medication when I clocked 149/89 with her a few weeks ago or at least offered ambulatory monitoring. Especially as my results are around this when I monitor at home.

The GP surgery just phoned and want me to come in for one more reading before starting treatment.

Probably the first post on here where someone is happy to start blood pressure medication. But at least when it's started that's one less worry off my list lol

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

(and no I'm not a Josie Cunningham lol, I'm paying for the chin implant myself!)

bin tenn
17-01-19, 16:25
Haha, good for you. I hope you get what you need and get that BP taken care of. I was about this excited to start a statin, and it has definitely paid off. :P

Kingdawson
17-01-19, 17:01
I have white coat syndrome (as do a lot of people with Ha). You might want to make sure your BP is truley high before starting meds.

lofwyr
17-01-19, 17:02
BP issues can be a bear to deal with. Medications seems to work differently for different people. I have taken a while to find what works for me, I encourage patience when medicating your BP, as often times it can take a bit to find the magic bullet of BP medicines that will work for you.

Guess I am saying is if what you try first doesn't work, there are tons of different meds out there.

KK77
17-01-19, 22:43
I think they're reluctant to start patients under 40 on BP meds but untreated it can cause problems in later life.

Keep chins up, GaGa :D