PDA

View Full Version : Hi, re visiting this site, as anxiety disorder returned

Dazfoxy530
18-01-19, 16:53
Hi all, firstly let me say I've been very well for many years after my last anxiety problems, panic attacks etc back in 2011. I was put on sertraline back then and was on it up to 150mg a day until 2018. I felt so much better in fact that I weaned off the drug over 6 months, finally stopping Sept 2018. Sadly my body has had other ideas and I had a panic attack in early December 2018 and have been ill ever since. I am now on 100mg sertraline, day 5, still shaking inside, tight chest, tight throat, other anxiety physical symptons. Has anyone else got a similar story? Just wondering how long it's gonna take to get a bit stable? Thanks Darren

venusbluejeans
18-01-19, 17:02
Hiya Dazfoxy530 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

emily67
20-01-19, 10:15
weldcome.

hope this forum helps you x

Veronica H
13-02-19, 23:38
Hi Darren
Sorry to hear that your anxiety has returned. It can be a shock when there has been a gap, and you might be out of touch with your coping skills from last time. Remember you did recover because that is what sensitive nerves do, over time, with a rest. Do not add fear to it. You have not failed in anyway. Life throws challenge after challenge at us and sometimes it is too much. You will find comfort and support here. V

Liddy1993
14-02-19, 03:37
Welcome back! You controlled it for a long time and this is just abbump in the road, you’ll get support on here and I’m sure you’ll feel better in no time. Congrats on doing so well I hope to get there too some day xx