PDA

View Full Version : Can a lipoma feel firm or semi hard?

katniss
19-01-19, 14:57
Sorry if I seem to be posting new threads a lot! I found a small 1cm movable lump on my first rib very close to the collarbone right in the middle. Basically where the first rib meets the sternum.

Anyway, I don’t think there are lymph nodes there. I really hope there are none there because that would cause a whole new worry. I think lymph nodes closest to that area are either right under collarbone or under the rib. Anyway, I think it may be a lipoma. But can it be possible for a lipoma to feel firm?

bin tenn
19-01-19, 16:02
Yes, it depends on the location and of course it varies from lipoma to lipoma. Some feel relatively firm, others may feel quite squishy/soft. I have a mixture of both.

katniss
19-01-19, 22:52
Where are yours if you don’t mind me asking?

Fishmanpa
19-01-19, 23:05
Can a lipoma feel firm or semi hard?

Absolutely!

Positive thoughts

bin tenn
20-01-19, 03:53
Where are yours if you don’t mind me asking?

Several in my right forearm, one in my left upper arm, a couple in my abdomen, a couple in my back, and a few in my right leg.

katniss
20-01-19, 18:58
Thank you for the info guys! I’m assuming mine is a lipoma. Too scared to get it shown. All of the waiting and testing scares me to no end. Last year I needed a pelvic ultrasound and while waiting for that appointment I lost almost 10 pounds! And I am not exaggerating here

bin tenn
21-01-19, 02:33
Thank you for the info guys! I’m assuming mine is a lipoma. Too scared to get it shown. All of the waiting and testing scares me to no end. Last year I needed a pelvic ultrasound and while waiting for that appointment I lost almost 10 pounds! And I am not exaggerating here

My doc didn't perform any testing on mine aside from a very quick feel and asking a few questions. He felt of two or three of them, then asked "is it growing? Is it hurting? Has it otherwise changed?" The answer to all, aside from extremely slow and subtle growth over the past 10 years, is no. He said "yep, seems to be a lipoma, leave it be."