PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of *C* at thus stage.

Alice1990
19-01-19, 18:40
I've not been well at all this week. Professionals I've spoken to have said virus, specifically gastroenteritis. However what is really worrying me is my temperature. I've been going from feeling freezing cold ( this is more horrible at night) to having a temperature of 38 degrees. Everything else has resolved apart from the head soreness and these horrible fevers.

This is sending me through the roof as like my friend pointed out, a sickness bug should only last up to 3 days and I'm still getting these temperatures.

In a horrible place right now :(

RadioGaGa
19-01-19, 18:58
Alice1990

This is sending me through the roof as like my friend pointed out, a sickness bug should only last up to 3 days and I'm still getting these temperatures.

Your friend is very wrong. Viruses and infections last for varying periods in different people. We're all different. The same virus may produce symptoms in me for a week whilst in you, it may only do so for a few days.

You'll be fine.

Good luck

NervUs
19-01-19, 19:07
I had the flu for a full 2 weeks last year. My fever went on a full 5 or 6 days before it broke. After that, I was just incredibly run down and pained at the cellular level. I was hot and cold- that's called the chills.

You sound like you've caught a bug. Nothing more, nothing less.

ankietyjoe
19-01-19, 19:12
I've not been well at all this week. Professionals I've spoken to have said virus, specifically gastroenteritis. However what is really worrying me is my temperature. I've been going from feeling freezing cold ( this is more horrible at night) to having a temperature of 38 degrees. Everything else has resolved apart from the head soreness and these horrible fevers.

In a horrible place right now :(

What are your friends qualifications that he/she outranks the professional opinions that you already have?

ErinKC
19-01-19, 19:20
Your friend is definitely wrong. Perhaps they meant that any gastro stuff like vomiting and diarrhea are usually short lived, but that doesn't mean you've shaken the virus completely. I know in the US there's a really bad gastro virus going on that's taking a long time to run its course. Even the common cold takes an average of 7 days.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

And 38 degrees is a very low grade fever (100.4 F). That's just the cut off of what doctors even consider a fever at all. I know even a slight fever can make you feel absolutely awful, but it's just your body fighting off the tail end of the virus.

Scass
19-01-19, 19:39
Also it’s common to get chills with a fever. You’ll be ok soon, if you can stomach it, take some paracetamol. And please keep drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice1990
20-01-19, 00:52
Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to reply. Means a lot for you to go out of your way and share your thoughts.

I'm just completely drained/ baffled by this. Got to the point where I don't even want to sleep now as I know it will just be a rubbish night once again of waking up freezing at some point. End of my tether with it!

ankietyjoe
20-01-19, 12:29
Your body does the majority of repair when you sleep. If you choose not to sleep, you will get worse. This is a 100% guarantee.

Siffi
20-01-19, 13:48
Sounds rough, but it sounds like you've still got the fever still, sometimes symptoms can stay there. (I had an awful cough 2 weeks after my cold got better). Hope you feel better soon

Alice1990
22-01-19, 21:14
So after all of this I now have what feels like painful underarms? I'm still feeling colder sometimes as well but fever seems to have gone.

Darksky
22-01-19, 21:24
Why don't you take a good old fashioned hot water bottle to bed. It will keep away the chills in the night and enable you to get some sleep.

Alice1990
22-01-19, 22:20
Thank you for the suggestion Darksky, I would definitely try it if I had one. Fortunately, and I don't want to speak too soon (:scared15:, the chills at night have actually stopped. It's just in the day time that it seems t be lingering now.