PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out about lump beside jawline

pandaloverx
20-01-19, 20:50
Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I’m the biggest worrier ever, I have been googling all weekend and I had googled last week too when I’d first noticed this lump.

Basically I have a lump on my jawline. It feels kind of rubbery, maybe soft to touch? It’s under the skin, I can’t see anything when I press it and it’s only sore if I really press down on it. My mum thinks it may be a blocked salivary gland. I only noticed this last week as I’d said but I could’ve had this longer and just thought nothing of it! It’s only on my right side, not my left. I checked inside my mouth and can’t see anything. It would be where my back teeth are, in the corner.

Has anyone ever had This before? I’m soooo worried 😭

WiseMonkey
20-01-19, 21:04
Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I’m the biggest worrier ever, I have been googling all weekend and I had googled last week too when I’d first noticed this lump.

Basically I have a lump on my jawline. It feels kind of rubbery, maybe soft to touch? It’s under the skin, I can’t see anything when I press it and it’s only sore if I really press down on it. My mum thinks it may be a blocked salivary gland. I only noticed this last week as I’d said but I could’ve had this longer and just thought nothing of it! It’s only on my right side, not my left. I checked inside my mouth and can’t see anything. It would be where my back teeth are, in the corner.

Has anyone ever had This before? I’m soooo worried 😭

It does sound like one of the parotid salivary glands and your mum may be right. They can become raised if you've had an infection, even just on one side.

I get this from time to time but I do have some dry mouth mouth issues.

bin tenn
21-01-19, 02:39
Yes. I don't know exactly when mine first popped up, but I noticed it at least a few years ago. I believe it was there as recently as last year. However, it's no longer there. I checked last week because I saw another post similar to this and realized I hadn't noticed it lately, and sure enough it's gone. Don't know what it was, never mentioned it to my dentist. I have heard about these salivary glands before though.

pandaloverx
21-01-19, 15:39
Went to the doctors today, the doctor checked and felt my jaw on both sides and said he thinks it’s just part of my jaw?? So I really don’t know. I’ve never noticed it before though, maybe it’s prominent due to weight loss idk. Or the fact I had wisdom tooth removed a few years ago and it was a complicated procedure, where he had to cut into part of the jaw.

I know I should be relieved but my anxious mind is like what if it isn’t just my jaw... ugh. I’m 23 and he did say I’m very young to have anything sinister.

Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Yes. I don't know exactly when mine first popped up, but I noticed it at least a few years ago. I believe it was there as recently as last year. However, it's no longer there. I checked last week because I saw another post similar to this and realized I hadn't noticed it lately, and sure enough it's gone. Don't know what it was, never mentioned it to my dentist. I have heard about these salivary glands before though.

Wow! I’m glad to see someone has had this too. I’m so glad yours has gone now!

Vintagemim
21-01-19, 21:19
I'm feeling a very similar thing right now. I've had a lump by my ear for ages which could be a classic parotid tumor, if my googling is right. I finally plucked up the courage to see the doctor and he said he couldn't feel anything and that it was probably part of my jaw. I'm just really struggling because it feels so big to me and my jaw is actually starting to hurt a lot and I'm getting sharp pains in my ear. I don't know what to do.