PDA

View Full Version : Painful lump in armpit?

Liddy1993
20-01-19, 22:53
Hi Guys,
After a few months of mostly positive thoughts I’ve had a bad day. I recently started working out the last day or so and understandably my body aches. Had a shower earlier and when I came out underneath my armpit felt oddly tender I tried to ignore it for a bit but eventually felt around and couldn’t really feel anything and presumed it was just muscle pain but then exactly where the pain is I have a tiny lump. I’ve had a painful lump come up before about 2 or 3 years ago and it didn’t bother me but I can’t seem to tell myself that I’ve had this before and now I’m worrying myself it could be sinister and have asked my mother to have a feel and she told me it was nothing and that I had this before I’m trying to stay calm and not touch it but I have work tomorrow and don’t want to work myself up for the next few days if I don’t have to, anyone have any advice?

Aussie11
21-01-19, 09:47
Could be just a lymph node that has swollen for a very minor reason. I remember at least one occasion having this and it went away within about a week. There are other mild lumps and bumps that just pop up here and there for no particular reason. I know that it's easier said than done, but perhaps just try not to prod it (as this may just make it bigger) and just check again in a week or so to see if it's still there or got any bigger.

RyanM1994
21-01-19, 11:45
I had something similar to this a while back that set my anxiety off massively.
Was there for a couple of weeks for me and I was petrified it was the big C, but in the end it just disappeared (once I left it alone).

Honestly, it could be something as simple as a spot/pimple caused by working out, or a blocked sweat gland.

I echo what Aussie11 said, as difficult as it is, leave it alone for a week or so and check again then
Even if it is still there after a week, that doesn't automatically mean it's a reason to panic, there are hundreds of things that it could be in place of something RARE and sinister :)

Liddy1993
21-01-19, 18:47
Thanks a million for your replies guys. Think I’m gonna take your advice on board and let it be because I’ve done this before poking and prodding things and they ended up swollen and incredibly sore. Gonna give it a week and if it hasn’t gone down by then I might nip to the Drs but hopefully I won’t need to. Thanks a mill guys really appreciate it.