PDA

View Full Version : Swollen nodes and health anxiety

Usacfan63
21-01-19, 02:38
Hello all, I am new. Over the past couple weeks I’ve notice some swollen nodes under my jaw. They move when pushed, and I can only feel them when my head is down and not tilted back. Saw a doctor and she couldn’t really feel them. I’m 22, with no other symptoms. They said I was fine, but I can’t seem to stop poking at them. I was wondering if it’s weird for me to feel them and not my physician, and how to stop poking. Thanks

bin tenn
21-01-19, 02:47
If you're feeling them but your doc isn't, perhaps what you're feeling is normal anatomical structures, other than lymph nodes? The body is full of all sorts of lumps and bumps, and some people can feel them more than others. If your doc isn't the slightest concerned, I bet you don't need to be either. How to stop poking and prodding? Just do it. Focus on something rational and enjoyable, keep your hands busy.

Usacfan63
21-01-19, 04:05
Yes. I obviously don’t really know what I’m feeling under my jaw. I think it’s nodes, but like I said the physician said she didn’t feel any. I was just hoping to hear from some others who may be in a similar boat to see what they did to move on

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

[QUOTE=Usacfan63;1851959]Yes. I obviously don’t really know what I’m feeling under my jaw. I think it’s nodes, but like I said the physician said she didn’t feel any. To clarify, I can only feel them on my sides under my jaw when my head is in a neutral state. When I tilt my head back I can’t feek them. Consulting Dr. Google hasn’t helped any obviously LOL, but I’m just looking to see if any others have had similar experiences and how they’ve moved on.

bin tenn
21-01-19, 05:11
Well, I can certainly relate to swollen lymph nodes - just about everyone can, I think. I can also definitely relate to poking and prodding and other negative self testing habits. Haha. Like I said, just take your mind off of it, accept that you're fine, and make an effort to be aware of when you may have the urge to mess with them.