PDA

View Full Version : Where am I going wrong? How do I start to feel better? Looking for tips!!

allen1989
21-01-19, 13:07
So I was diagnosed with GAD/Panic Disorder about 10 months ago now and have had many ups and downs (mostly downs) along the way. It all started in March last year when I had a massive panic attack (heart pounding, sweating, derealization, sense of impending doom) and I have never felt the the same since. I went to the doctors for some tests;

5 ECGS
24hr heart monitor
CT Scan Head
Chest X-ray
24hr Urine Test
Lyme disease blood test
Ears checked
Eyes checked
Blood Tests (Liver/Kidney function, hormones, vitamins etc)

After having all of these tests everything came back negative apart from my Vitamin B12 which was severely low, now treated with injections. As you can see from the tests I have developed a health anxiety also which is crippling!! I’ve tried CBT which has helped and a medication called Beta Blockers 160mg.

I wake up everyday now with a constant feeling of impending doom, adrenaline rushes, feeling of unreality/derealization (feel like I’ve just been transported into my body - weird feeling), floor rocking sensations, feel like I’m going to stop breathing and just an overall weird feeling I’m mu body.

I’m just looking for some tips on how to start feeling better and get my life back!! What are other people’s experiences, has anyone felt the same as me and what did you do to start feeling better/cope with this.

Thanks!

biscuitlover
30-01-19, 05:54
Hey

Sorry you’ve been having such a bad time

Mornings are the worse. With any obsessional thinking it’s about knowing you’re thinking that way and making a choice to focus on something else. Which isn’t easy. Do you see a therapist ? Have friends that can help distract you ?