PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have sebaceous cysts or lipomas

Natalie2389
21-01-19, 19:42
Does anyone have the above if so where and how do they feel

Any reply’s appreciated I have one I think on my back I’m scared

bin tenn
21-01-19, 19:59
Several lipomas here. A handful in my right arm, one or two in my left arm, a few in my right leg, a couple in my left leg and three or four in my back. Oh, and a couple in my abdomen. Nothing to worry about.

They range in size from a pea to about double the size of a marble. They range in consistency from very soft/squishy, to relatively firm. There is no set rule for how a lipoma (or a cyst) feels. They vary, based on location and exact composition.

katniss
21-01-19, 20:04
I would like to know as well. I have a lump under collarbone on first rib. I am going my doctor today to check it out. Initially thought it was a lipoma but now I don’t think so. It’s not soft. And it’s not right below the skin either. It’s actually attached to something on my rib. But it is movable. Scared out of my mind

Natalie2389
21-01-19, 20:17
Thank you I have one on my back in the middle half way down about the size of a 5p maybe tad smaller been there 4 years hurts now though well I’m aware of it. I can physically see the lump I no some are under the skin. I don’t no if it’s my anxiety making me more aware . Just jumping to the worst as usual

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

I would like to know as well. I have a lump under collarbone on first rib. I am going my doctor today to check it out. Initially thought it was a lipoma but now I don’t think so. It’s not soft. And it’s not right below the skin either. It’s actually attached to something on my rib. But it is movable. Scared out of my mind

I hope you get on ok .

katniss
22-01-19, 01:58
Thank you. Just got back from docs now. She was such an angel. Told me I had inflammation from a past injury. Very likely to be a toddler hitting my chest. She said it is benign and she isn’t concerned at all. We also had a chat about my anxiety and she gave me a full blood panel to make sure my iron and thyroid hormones are okay. She said fluctuations in hormones can also cause depression and it’s very likely that my health anxiety is a manifestation of depression

Natalie2389
22-01-19, 14:01
Glad your appointment went well I can’t even get into doctors until next week and I’m freaking out even though I’ve had this 4 years