PDA

View Full Version : Can't switch off rapid anxiety and leg issues

tbot
22-01-19, 04:31
I seem to have injured my foot, it hurts to stand on it and stretch it, pain in the arch but no obvious injury just feels stretched. Pain over the past few days has radiated to my calf and knee. I'm now getting a similar pain in my opposite calf.

I'm just freaking out I can't rationalise it, resting is making me worse by making it spread. I've also got nerve tremors and muscle spasms so petrified of everything. Going through every scenario from spinal issue to DVT to peripheral artery disease and neuro degeneration. I know I'm not being rational especially as I'm young and healthy. But this is terrifying me because I've never had anything like it to compare my absolute lack of recovery to. I move regularly but otherwise no structured exercise that could have caused this.

BlueIris
22-01-19, 04:44
Okay, so, the clue is in your first sentence. You injured your foot and it hurts to stand on it.

This will affect your posture, leading to you using your muscles differently to normal and causing all manner of unexpected aches and pains.

It's happened to me a good few times, most recently this weekend after wearing my (very heavy) walking boots for the first time this winter. My calves tightened and ached, and after a day or so the pain spread up into my hips.

tbot
22-01-19, 04:54
Thanks for your reply, the issue is I'm assuming it's injured, it feels injured but I've not done anything significant that explains why it's this bad, I can't even stand on it. Trying to recover without a GP appointment as I don't think there's really much they could do to resolve the pain. The posture explanation is really helpful though explains why it seems to be so progressive.

BlueIris
22-01-19, 04:59
Obviously I'm not a GP, but it sounds like plantar fascitis to me - I get it in the arch of my foot, too. A friend who teaches physio at the college where I work has said that tight calf muscles tend to be the cause of arch pain.

jray23
22-01-19, 05:02
Why can't it simply be an injured foot?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

tbot
22-01-19, 05:08
Obviously I'm not a GP, but it sounds like plantar fascitis to me - I get it in the arch of my foot, too. A friend who teaches physio at the college where I work has said that tight calf muscles tend to be the cause of arch pain.

That actually really makes sense thank you for sharing this, always had tight calves and hamstrings especially would explain why the pain seems linked! Is there anything you've found to help speed up recovery when it hits?

BlueIris
22-01-19, 05:12
Time's the main healer, but I've found that if you have somebody to help tape your foot it can help manage the pain. You can buy KT tape from Boots, and there are instructional videos on YouTube to tell you what to do.