View Full Version : High platelet count 2 weeks post c-section surgery

nhelen79
23-01-19, 01:35
Hi all
I had my baby via c-section 2 weeks ago. 1.5months ago during pregnancy, my CBC tests were fine. I’m currently in hospital for postpartum preeclampsia monitoring, and they did CBC blood test. My platelet count is high (550 over 450 range). I did ask the doctor this morning (before a nurse told me to walk more due to risk of blood clot with high platelet count) if my blood tests are fine. She said everything is fine except elevated liver enzyme in which they are monitoring along with my high blood pressure. She didn’t even mention the high platelet count. I also had a UTI which I received iv antibiotic for just 2 days ago.

I will ask another doctor tomorrow about the platelet count. However, is it possible that after a major surgery like a c-section (2 weeks ago) and also a UTI infection (2 days ago) and being anemic due to pregnancy, my blood can be out of whack? I’m just scared of the scary stuff, and I wonder why the doctor didn’t even mention about it. Can’t help being worried.

Thanks all

Leslie735
23-01-19, 22:52
You being anemic is most likely the cause. Its one of the main causes of a high platelet count.