PDA

View Full Version : One foot colder than the other

Hockeygirl55
24-01-19, 02:27
Does anyone ever get this?? I’ve read a couple of posts about it but they’re old and I’m not 100% reassured :/ my right foot has suddenly been feeling colder than my left foot, colder to the touch, which totally freaks me out. I’m so afraid I have narrowing arteries or something. I’m only 23 :( this just randomly started happening a few weeks ago, on and off :( I’m always paranoid about it and am checking my hands even to see if one feels cooler than the other.

Also, I just started my anxiety med again because I was miserable without it. Most of my other symptoms are gone, but this one is really driving me mad.

Any reassurance would be amazing :( im on the verge of a panic attack.

Hockeygirl55
25-01-19, 01:32
They felt normal today, but like I said it’s on and off. Ugh.

Anyone that has experienced this?? :(

Hockeygirl55
27-01-19, 00:15
Great, guess not many other people experience this. :(

Mav
27-01-19, 00:19
Great, guess not many other people experience this. :(

Literally reading with my cold foot ontop of my hot foot underneath the bed sheets haha, I have always had this, i dont believe it is anything to worry about at all xx

Hockeygirl55
27-01-19, 00:22
Literally reading with my cold foot ontop of my hot foot underneath the bed sheets haha, I have always had this, i dont believe it is anything to worry about at all xx

Mav, thank you SO much for replying, omg. I’ve been a mess with this new symptom :( that makes me feel a lot better. Do you think it’s related to anxiety at all? This just came out of nowhere when my anxiety was really bad (I’m back on meds now).

Mav
27-01-19, 00:34
Mav, thank you SO much for replying, omg. I’ve been a mess with this new symptom :( that makes me feel a lot better. Do you think it’s related to anxiety at all? This just came out of nowhere when my anxiety was really bad (I’m back on meds now).

I've never really thought anything of it if i am honestwith you, I am pretty anxious right now so it may well be sonething the body does when it's anxious, but regardless you anxiety is making you focus on something that to someone else is the norm, or just goes unnoticed. Xx

kivyt73
27-01-19, 01:28
I have this too. My right foot is always way colder than my left. I literally sometimes have to put two and three socks and a slipper on my right foot and nothing on my left. It gets so bad I have microwavable slippers that I heat up and only put on the right one. I think it may be nerve related or something but I have had it for years (only in winter) and nothing has happened to me yet.

No worries,
Ivy

Hockeygirl55
27-01-19, 02:50
I've never really thought anything of it if i am honestwith you, I am pretty anxious right now so it may well be sonething the body does when it's anxious, but regardless you anxiety is making you focus on something that to someone else is the norm, or just goes unnoticed. Xx

Is yours cold to touch?

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

I have this too. My right foot is always way colder than my left. I literally sometimes have to put two and three socks and a slipper on my right foot and nothing on my left. It gets so bad I have microwavable slippers that I heat up and only put on the right one. I think it may be nerve related or something but I have had it for years (only in winter) and nothing has happened to me yet.

No worries,
Ivy

Thank you for your reply!! You and Mav are making me feel much better. I only found a couple of posts regarding to this (I don’t dare google), so I was freaking out. Is your one foot cold to the touch? The one that’s colder than the other? How long have you dealt with this?

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Does it ever spread up into your leg?

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

No worries,
Ivy

Does it ever spread up to your leg?

ErinKC
27-01-19, 16:46
This happens to me sometimes on the side I get sciatica pain on so I've always assumed it's nerve pressure from that. I will often depend on how I'm sitting and if I get up and walk around a bit it stops. It is cold to the touch. My house is also absolutely freezing in the winter, so it could just as easily just be how I happen to be sitting and if one foot is covered more or something.

Fishmanpa
27-01-19, 17:02
I’m so afraid I have narrowing arteries or something. I’m only 23

You've taken a normal occurrence and created a imaginary issue that physiologically doesn't exist in a 23yo.

Put on warmer socks, wear slippers or throw a blanket over yourself :shrug:

Positive thoughts

RadioGaGa
27-01-19, 18:07
I have had Raynaud's since I was about 14. This is genetic in my case, as my father and grandmother both have/had it. My feet are always cold to the touch. I'm just slightly older than you at 25.

I became concerned (in a non-health anxiety way, for the first time ever) that I may have circulatory issues. I noticed I had no dorsalis pedis pulse on the top of my left foot, and it was present, albeit VERY faintly, on the right foot.

I went to my GP, and this finding, combined with the Raynaud's, didn't worry her at all.

My point is I had the physical findings they look for with circulatory issues, but according to my doctor this isn't anything to worry about because of my age.

So if I'm fine, you're definitely fine lol.

Good luck

Hockeygirl55
10-02-20, 03:30
You've taken a normal occurrence and created a imaginary issue that physiologically doesn't exist in a 23yo.

Put on warmer socks, wear slippers or throw a blanket over yourself :shrug:

Positive thoughts

You always have a way of easing my mind, Fishmanpa. Thank you for your reply and I hope you’re doing well!

Hockeygirl55
10-02-20, 03:32
I have had Raynaud's since I was about 14. This is genetic in my case, as my father and grandmother both have/had it. My feet are always cold to the touch. I'm just slightly older than you at 25.

I became concerned (in a non-health anxiety way, for the first time ever) that I may have circulatory issues. I noticed I had no dorsalis pedis pulse on the top of my left foot, and it was present, albeit VERY faintly, on the right foot.

I went to my GP, and this finding, combined with the Raynaud's, didn't worry her at all.

My point is I had the physical findings they look for with circulatory issues, but according to my doctor this isn't anything to worry about because of my age.

So if I'm fine, you're definitely fine lol.

Good luck

I know many people with that condition. I’m sorry you have to deal with that and the cold feet (and probably hands) that come with it. :(

I’ve actually noticed this only happens with me (having one hand or foot colder than the other to the touch) when I’m coming off of Prozac... kind of crazy.