PDA

View Full Version : Lung Cancer Worry..

pankusuta
24-01-19, 05:31
Hey everyone. I’m a 19 year old male and I have had a dull yet sort of sharpish pain/ache in what seems to be my right lung for about a year now but it only really occurs every couple weeks and mostly when I’m laying down. However in the past couple days I’ve felt it even when standing up and it seems to be more severe. I’ve had many, many panic attacks and thought I had a brain tumor and heart disease at one point. But this right sided chest pain just feels very real, but then again so did all of my other cancers and such. Not really sure because this pain has been going on for about a year and it’s almost like a burning/dull aching pain in my right lung and sometimes radiates to my right shoulder / arm. Also, it kind of feels slightly hard to breathe in my right side at times. Like my right lung is closing up or something..Hope somone can relate and give me some advice or reassurance as soon as possible. Thanks..

lofwyr
24-01-19, 07:07
There is simply no way. First of all, at your age kung cancer is virtually unheard of. Second of all, cancer pain does not come and go, get better and come back. By definition it progresses and gets worse.

Are you treating your anxiety? It causes everything you mentioned.

pankusuta
24-01-19, 07:58
There is simply no way. First of all, at your age kung cancer is virtually unheard of. Second of all, cancer pain does not come and go, get better and come back. By definition it progresses and gets worse.

Are you treating your anxiety? It causes everything you mentioned.

I hope this is just anxiety.. My anxiety is for sure still very very high. It just feels like I have shortness of breathe a prickley sensation in my left chest. And the dull/sharpish sometimes ache in what seems to be my left lung. I noticed that leaning my head to the left of moving my hear in a circular motion makes the pain happen when it isn’t too bad.

ankietyjoe
24-01-19, 10:05
I hope this is just anxiety.. My anxiety is for sure still very very high. It just feels like I have shortness of breathe a prickley sensation in my left chest. And the dull/sharpish sometimes ache in what seems to be my left lung. I noticed that leaning my head to the left of moving my hear in a circular motion makes the pain happen when it isn’t too bad.

Then the evidence points to it being muscular in nature.

Random pain is probably in the top 5 symptoms with anxiety.

The chances of a 19 year old having lung cancer are virtually zero. In fact, lung cancer rates in the 15-19 age group actually show as zero cases per 100,000.

And no, I'm not going to link to the data chart I read, you need to let this go :winks:

pankusuta
24-01-19, 21:51

The chances of a 19 year old having lung cancer are virtually zero. In fact, lung cancer rates in the 15-19 age group actually show as zero cases per 100,000.

And no, I'm not going to link to the data chart I read, you need to let this go :winks:

Do you know why I’d still be having slight trouble breathing in my right lung if this was muscular? It feels like the airway is tight or something.

bin tenn
24-01-19, 22:32
Muscular issues often create problems breathing for me. It goes away in due time.

Darksky
24-01-19, 22:34
Feeling you cannot catch your breath and chest tightness are quite typical anxiety symptoms. You cannot 'feel' your airways but you certainly feel the quite strong muscles in your chest. Practice some deep diaphragm breathing and you'll soon find there's nothing wrong with your breathing.

pankusuta
25-01-19, 01:56
Feeling you cannot catch your breath and chest tightness are quite typical anxiety symptoms. You cannot 'feel' your airways but you certainly feel the quite strong muscles in your chest. Practice some deep diaphragm breathing and you'll soon find there's nothing wrong with your breathing.

I dont get why this pain is here. It feels like I have a sharpish pain inside my right lung still like something is inside of it. Even when I breathe in it sometimes worsens or brings back the pain.

pankusuta
26-01-19, 09:20

I dont get why this pain is here. It feels like I have a sharpish pain inside my right lung still like something is inside of it. Even when I breathe in it sometimes worsens or brings back the pain

ErinKC
26-01-19, 18:36
Muscle pain can feel like lung pain. When your lungs expand it stretches the muscles in your chest and back and causes pain, but it doesn't mean the pain is originating in your lungs. It could be intercostal pain, which I get a lot, especially when I'm anxious and breathing more heavily. Intercostal muscled are the ones around your rib cage and they can absolutely hurt when breathing in. They are easy to strain - I've strained them from anxiety alone since we're prone to hyperventilate when anxious. If the pain changes or worsens with movement like you said it's definitely muscular. The more you take deep breaths to check for the pain the worse you'll make it.

Another possibility is gas pain, which can also be felt high up like that and worse when you breath since you're putting more pressure wherever the air is trapped. Like others have said there's no way you have lung cancer.