PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety related circulation problems?

Alde
24-01-19, 14:56
Hi all,

Can constant stress/anxiety effect your blood circulation?

For example, when I stand up, my toes and the soles of my feet go bright red. Also, if my hands are by my side they also go bright red. Doesn’t appear to be anything to do with temperature as they do it indoors and out.

Has anyone experienced anything like this that was explained by anxiety and/or stress?

Cheers,

Al

Alde
25-01-19, 08:41
Anyone had this or can think of any reason for it?

Cheers again

RadioGaGa
26-01-19, 15:10
Alde

You don't say your age, smoking status etc or anything so it's hard to really answer this.

I suffer from Raynaud's (in my case there's a strong family history of it) and my extremities go all sorts of colours from white, red, blue to purple and variations thereof.

If this is a new thing, it may be worthwhile running it past your doctor.

Good luck

Alde
26-01-19, 16:06
Alde

You don't say your age, smoking status etc or anything so it's hard to really answer this.

I suffer from Raynaud's (in my case there's a strong family history of it) and my extremities go all sorts of colours from white, red, blue to purple and variations thereof.

If this is a new thing, it may be worthwhile running it past your doctor.

Good luck
Hi Gaga,

Sorry about that. I’m 27 and an ex smoker (I stopped about 6 weeks ago).

They only really change colour when I’m stood up. In Claire Weeke’s book it mentions blood pooling in legs due to nerves controlling blood vessels being fatigued so I don’t know if that’s the same. I’ve been incredibly anxious/worked up/stressed for about 10 weeks now so it wouldn’t surprise my if they’re fatigued!

It is a new thing that accompanies my racing heart and lightheaded/unsteadiness feeling. I did mention it to my doctor, he said could be raynauds but that was it.

Sorry again for not giving enough info.

Cheers,

Al

RadioGaGa
27-01-19, 18:26
Not a problem Al.

Raynaud's is very unpleasant, but not life-threatening.

Even at 27, you couldn't have smoked long enough for it to cause these issues.

Don't think you've anything to worry about at all

Good luck