PDA

View Full Version : Hello, anyone

Ivor screwloose
14-01-05, 11:20
I'm trying to work out this web site so if this ends up somewhere it shouldn't er
oops.
In short I'm 37, and have had bad nerves and anxiety from the minute I was born
I think, and I'm still having trouble getting the correct treatments and advice, I have
learn't more off this site in one afternoon, than I have ever been told by any GP or
shrink.
I would like a pen pal or two, I try to earn a living cartooning, and I have a passion for nature and wildlife, I have a few pets and I rescue waifs and strays, and would be happy to give advice on any pet problems.
Or just chin wagjavascript:insertsmilie('[:o)]')

gary

Laurie28
14-01-05, 14:37
Hiya Gary,

Welcome to the forum. The amount of information and help on this site in brilliant isn't it

Any questins just ask as everyone is great here and we have all been though one thing or another at some point.

Have you read the First Steps page on the website? A must read

What treatments have you had?

Lucky

jill
14-01-05, 15:17
Hi Gary

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who will give you
help and support.

TAKE CARE

JILLXX

Karen
14-01-05, 15:44
Welcome to the site. There is so much useful information here and I'm glad you've found it helpful. Just ask if you have any questions, there is usually someone who can help.

You'll get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Ivor screwloose
14-01-05, 15:55
Hi Lucky

Believe it or not I was 28, before I got any treatment that was after a nervous
breakdown. Which was put down to depression, even though I told them I was not a
depresive person , but what did I know !
So I've had all the anti-depresants, which all have the side effects that of my anxiety
that I was trying to get rid of, Lorazepam do work for me but my doctor won't prescribe them to me, because they are addictive,and after nearly 9 yrs of so called
treatment of pills that made me worse I stopped all my medication, within a week I
was feeling great, and have been ok till last week when I had a health scare and pop
went the weasel. My GP wouldn't help, so I went down the hospital at the weekend
were they gave me a few lorazepam to tide me over untill I see a new GP next week. Thanks to this site I am going armed I'm going for the full m.o.t and then take it from there. I know I will improve but it would be nice to get alittle help through this
tricky patch.
Thanks for your reply I hope I haven't bored you to death.

gary

gary

Meg
14-01-05, 16:42
Hi Gary,

You're doing just fine on the website so no worries and keep posting.

What little health scare did you have and is it ok now ?

Some of the newer antidepressants are also genuinely licenced for anxiety as they can be very effective for panic attacks.
Apart from your pills have you had any other help ?

If you have any queries pre GP trip - do ask ..

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

pips
14-01-05, 17:56
Hi Gary,

A big warm welcome to the site. :D You will find lots of support on here. It sounds like you have a positive attitude so thats great. Just remember small steps. I to have a passion for animals. I would have a zoo if I could! ;) LOL.

Take Care,

Pip's X

nomorepanic
14-01-05, 19:20
Hi Gary

I love the login name [:P]

Welcome aboard. I am pleased the website has helped. There is a lot to read on both the site and on this forum but I am sure you will get round to reading it all at some point.

I love pets too - we only have cats at the moment but I have had rabbits and chipmunks in the past too.

I hope it goes well at the docs. Let us know if there are any specific issues that we can help with.

Nicola

vernon
14-01-05, 21:31
hi Gary, welcome to the site hope u find plenty of help here. Love the name lol it realy mde me laugh. We do have a chat room if u fancy a chat any evening usualy after 8 30pm. its at
http://pub4.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/342349380
or follow the link. anyway take care, Vernon

another_adam
15-01-05, 00:42
welcome gary!

Ivor screwloose
15-01-05, 11:55
to all concerned
A big thanks to all of you for your messages of support, I have found that this is a brilliant distraction therapy and over these last few tricky days, I havn't felt like I'm the only one on the planet with these problems.
As for my login name that was given to me by my family when I was little,as my middle name is Ivor.(Welsh dad,what can you do.)
THANKS AGAIN.http://nomorepanic.co.uk/forum/images/icon_mi_16.gif

gary

FAN
15-01-05, 16:31
hi and welcome im sure you will find all the info on here

fan x

Jewel
15-01-05, 17:03
HI Ivor

At 26 I had a nervous breakdown which they put down to depression but I never felt depressed so I can relate to what you say. All in all I wasnt handled very well and have been left with anxiety. My doctor wont prescribe diazepam saying too that it is addictive.

You will feel better soon and these guys on here are great. Sometimes just having someone who understands how you feel often takes the edge off it because most of those who work in the Mental Health profession only have knowledge from text books and have no real experience of how yu feel like veryone on here does.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take Care

Nicola

jude
17-01-05, 15:52
Hi Gary

I feel like Iv been an anxious person for as long as I can remember too.
I too love wildlife. Im secretary for a voluntary group who have created a nature reserve. It is about the only thing that takes my mind off feelin anxious. Im also the proud owner of a bearded dragon. I have always loved lizards. Hes ace.
Jude

sal
18-01-05, 01:11
Hi Gary

Welcome to the site.

Would be great to hear more from you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Sarah-Jane
18-01-05, 01:55
Hope you get through this with the support of everyone here and of course your new doc who hopefully will be more helpful and understanding. Welcome to our group xxxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx