PDA

View Full Version : Red Welts on my legs? Spider Bite?

tan235
25-01-19, 03:14
Hi all,
I've got two bites on my leg, they were red and oozing and seem to be getting better they are itchy and sore and I think they are spider bites. Well, I"m seriously freaking out. This is my trigger, any damage to my skin as I"m worried about infection. I've been reading about the flesh eating skin condition and worried I'll get that, - one I've had for 5 days and it's slowly very slowly getting better ( or is it) and the other one I only noticed yesterday and it was all inflammed and red, today the inflammation has gone and it's bright red with a crater in the middle. Would you feel a spider bite?
I can't think what else it would be as I only have 2 and they are not close together like fleas or bed bugs. We did have a girl staying here and her head was covered in LICE! I only found them the day she left, after i got a very itchy head and my daughter did too and seriously it's like an infestation on her head so I'm assuming she'd had it for a while, I did tell her MUM who seemed very non-plussed. And I've just had shingles .... yep my anxiety is bad, I've also got a couple of weird rashes on my body too which I wonder if it was a shingles rash about to start but my body calmed it down. Anyway as you can see by my rant I"m fairly concerned ... anyone had a spider bite? Did it heal on it's own?

BlueIris
25-01-19, 05:47
I'm reasonably sure I was bitten by a spider last year - a false widow, the only nastyish UK species. Basically, I was in a tiny historic pub full of junk and hiding places, leaned back and felt searing, very localised pain. Couldn't see a bee or wasp when I checked around myself.

Anyhow, within minutes a welt came up, which then ulcerated within a couple of days. I didn't see a doctor (stupid of me) but it took several weeks to heal completely, and even then, the area was sporadically painful for months.

It's nasty, but if you haven't had a really bad reaction by now you're probably safe.

tan235
25-01-19, 05:53
Thank you! Yeah I think it might be a spider, the ointment i'm putting on it stings more than the actual bite!

ErinKC
25-01-19, 23:23
I'm pretty sure I was getting spider bites in my sleep a few years back. I'd wake up with two or three fairly spread out bites that would kind of start off itchy, then get sore, and sometimes ooze a bit. They took AGES to go away, but did improve ever so slowly. I never saw a doctor and didn't have any issues with infections. Just keep them clean with soap and water and you'll be ok!

The only way I stopped it happening was to take off all the sheets, vacuum around all the edges of my bed and mattress and in ever corner of my room and any crevice. Since it stopped after that I assume it was a spider that had been lurking somewhere and was coming out every night.