PDA

View Full Version : Lymph node AGAIN

megan91
25-01-19, 18:46
Back in April, I had a swollen lymph node in my jaw and collarbone that swelled up due to a infection with my wisdom tooth. I of course FREAKED out. Took antibiotics and it eventually went away.

Well the other day, I got a canker sore on my lower gums and the lymph nodes in my jaw swelled up. Being the type of person I am, I thought "hmm wonder if my collarbone lymph node is swollen." Sure enough it is. Not as big as it was in April, but definitely still there. A logical, rational person would think it's the canker sore causing it. But the irrational part of me is thinking, WHY would that cause my collarbone lymph node to swell when it's suppose to drain from below the collarbone. So here I am worrying (not to the degree that I was in April) about it and constantly checking to see if it goes down. I just want to leave it alone but GAH it's so hard not to. I feel like the more days it is here (it's been 4 since I've noticed), the more anxious I get cause I think why hasn't it went away yet.

megan91
28-02-19, 00:04
This stupid lymph node is still here. Still about the same size (I would say smaller than a BB). It may go down a little if I can actually keep my hands off of it for a little while (which has never been a whole day). Could touching it really still cause it to be here 5 weeks later? It's not like I'm poking hard at it, just touching it. I have not went to the doctor for it.

NancyW
28-02-19, 00:55
(I would say smaller than a BB).

Seriously?

megan91
28-02-19, 01:05
Yeah yeah yeah I know. But it's there, wasn't before (excluding April), and isn't on the left side. It's definitely not pea sized. So BB or smaller. If it was anywhere else I'd be like whatever.

Liddy1993
01-03-19, 01:00
A doctor wouldn’t even ultrasound it because it’s so small. You can have permanently enlarged nodes after they swell up and that’s totally normal. Lymph nodes can be normal up to 1.5 cm usually and a bb sized one is no where near that criteria. Nothing to worry about trust me I’ve googled it enough.

megan91
19-03-19, 21:14
So the lymph node got smaller and was literally almost gone. I actually had stopped obsessing over it. But last week I had the norovirus, but that didn't make it bigger. However, I just came down with a cold on Sunday (my freaking luck) and now it's bigger than it even was before. My rational side is saying it's just reacting because of the cold and that's why it got bigger. Ugh it was seriously almost gone and I was almost done worrying but now I'm back to square one it feels like. BLAHHHH.