PDA

View Full Version : Heartburn Panic

hazy
25-01-19, 19:45
Hi,

On Tuesday I had take away and before bed I felt heartburn starting, I took some Gaviscon and when I got into bed it hurt in my throat and on the chest just below my throat. It was different from other heartburn in that it hurt as opposed to the gassy burning sensation, the next day I felt awful and it hurt in my throat when I took a deep breath. It still hurts now but certainly not as much, a girl at work mentioned it could be heart related and “bang” my health anxiety is through the roof. Could this be heartburn??

bin tenn
25-01-19, 21:25
Heartburn / GERD can definitely feel like it's much more than that. It's true that some cardiac events can present with heartburn / reflux / indigestion, BUT that doesn't mean it's likely. Are you at risk for heart disease / heart attack (family history, age, weight, smoking, drinking, drugs, congenital defect, etc)? IMO, it's definitely more likely that you're experiencing heartburn. I get it pretty bad from time to time, and just have to learn to tolerate it and try to avoid it in the future (avoid/limit trigger foods, for example).

Clydesdale Epona
26-01-19, 00:34
Was there a sort of pressure feeling?
It definitely sounds like GERD, heartburn/indigestion can press on the sternum(think that's the name ��)
I often get throat pains, chest pains, fire! With acid reflux but it's never anything bad.
Your takeaway could have even scratched your throat which has lead to the pain :)

As always I'm not a professional so if you are still concerned you can see your GP, but you seem to have been well and it's been a while since so in the meantime just try to stay calm, remind yourself that you're okay :)