PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Lymph Node Fear! Please help!!

95cwalker
28-01-19, 18:12
So for the last 5 or so week I have had a large swollen lymph node in the right of my next just under my jaw. I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago who gave me antibiotics and told me to come back in 2 weeks if it was still there.

So fast forward to today, i returned to the doctors (seen a locum as mines wasn't available), he checked my neck and said I actually had a few nodes swollen, asked me if I had lumps anywhere or any worrying symptoms. Told him nothing jumps out, he felt my stomach and said everything felt fine but he would order blood tests which are yo carried out on Wednesday.

Not I have the total fear something is wrong and it's the dreaded cancer! I'm 28 years old and female but cannot get past it, I've spent the last 2 weeks worrying and now I'm even more worried.

The doctor did say he thought my bloods would come back normal and thinks it's down to an infection thats taking a while to get out my system but I can't shake the fear.

Does anyone have any advice or been in a similar situation?

CHELLEB1017
28-01-19, 18:40
I have had nodes swollen for weeks at at a time actually over a month from a misquito bite!

95cwalker
28-01-19, 18:51
Having a rough time at the moment so over thinking everything, not unlike me though! Did the doctors do any further tests with you? Just fear something being wrong :-(.

CHELLEB1017
28-01-19, 19:00
Oh trust me I get it! Im freaking over a mole at the moment!! Nope just a wait and see type of thing but the did go down. I messed with them so much it prolonged it for sure! I bet they will be gone soon!

95cwalker
28-01-19, 19:28
Ah yes I know the mole fear only too well. It's horrible how our minds work, sometimes I wish I could just get away from it all for a little bit! I'm hoping they do disappear quickly.

Thelegend27
01-02-19, 07:09
I have some nodes in my neck I found over 2 years ago, they are still palpable.

First thing don't panic, second thing know the statistics, at your age the chances of it being cancer is very low, like really low, like a 0.4% chance low, I got that from a doctor don't worry.

But with that being said it is wise to seek further testing especially if the doctor thinks you should, but test's aren't going to hurt you, just relax.

niknakx
01-02-19, 07:42
Ah the dreaded lymph node fear, I know it well. I am absolutely covered in palpable lymph nodes. I think currently I can feel about 11-15 in different parts of my body. They all popped up and never went down. I’ve had them all checked and they are completely fine. I thought mine were massive, but when I went to see the haematologist she told me they were tiny and I could only feel them because I am skinny and I tend to look for lumps on my body. 99% of the time swollen lymph nodes turn out to be nothing. The doctor just wants to make sure and put your mind at ease :)